Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 07-05-2012, 04:23 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Do NOT Search First!

To say it in the most polite way - the forum search simply does not work as you or anyone else would expect - it does not return any useful results, you will simply loose your time.

If you need an information, the following two options are far far far better then searching the forum:

1. Use google to search, type "shakes fidget", add your search terms, and look for results from forum.sfgame.us. You will be amazed that the answer would appear in the first few hits.

2. Start a new thread and be prepared to endure a vast number of overly offensive posts from "experienced" players who are angry because you bother them with your noob questions without "searching first". Someone will answer your question or at least give you a hint on how to find the information. If they do not like your thread, they can always delete it. Why would you care about new "useless" thread - they didn't care of making it simple for you to find the information! Besides, this way you will also help future "searchers" if you phrase your question well, so, at the end of the day, you are actually helping the community! Do not believe them that you are doing the opposite.
The Following User Says Thank You to dralalala For This Useful Post:
spiny norman (07-05-2012)
Old 07-05-2012, 04:55 AM
Mushroom Collector

Send a message via Yahoo to masoud

Google finds old threads which is not update.

Whenever I asked a question in new thread they answered to my question politely and if someone else before me asked those question they gave me direct link to thread.

Just try to search, If you couldn't find your answer people in forum are really nice
Old 07-05-2012, 05:56 AM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by dralalala View Post

2. Start a new thread and be prepared to endure a vast number of overly offensive posts from "experienced" players who are angry because you bother them with your noob questions without "searching first". Someone will answer your question or at least give you a hint on how to find the information. If they do not like your thread, they can always delete it. Why would you care about new "useless" thread - they didn't care of making it simple for you to find the information! Besides, this way you will also help future "searchers" if you phrase your question well, so, at the end of the day, you are actually helping the community! Do not believe them that you are doing the opposite.
while i can not disagree with you based on my personal experiences here at the forum if you are referencing your only other thread here i only really see one person giving you somewhat of a hard time. everyone else answered your question nicely i thought. maybe you were not referencing your thread though and just the forum in general which again i can not disagree with. either way keep in mind it is not just noob questions that get negative reactions from people here. using google to search is a pretty smart idea so thanks for the tip.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:19 AM
Crusader

I have had a similar experience. Search leaves much to be desired. I usually ask questions in guild chat before coming here.

I have suggested setting up a thread just for noob questions, no question too stupid. The only rule for those responding would be that the phrase "search first" would be banned. If certain members/moderators find answering the same questions repeatedly annoying, they could just skip this (hypothetical) thread. There are plenty of other knowledgeable posters here.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:51 AM

As some have noticed some of us say to search first in part because the question has been answered more then once yes the search function is far from desirable I have found going to advanced search and choosing titles only and the wording is important also.

I try to answer the question and/or give the link to the thread that answers the question along with the please search first.

I couldn't tell you how many ppl that have just finished registering and they post a question that has been answered 20 times before without them even searching.

Also alot of the questions asked have been answered in the FAQ section. For example we recently had a question about the whisper chat command the person had searched but used the wrong wording. they asked the question I found it in less then a minute in search and when I checked in the FAQ section it was about 2/3 the way down the first page of it.this person has been in the forum awhile so yes it can happen but most of the time that is not the case.

Also remember the written word doesn't always show how the person meant way a person meant to say what they said so it could seem rude but they didn't mean for it to come out that way.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
Darstard (07-05-2012), iTZKooPA (07-05-2012)