Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 09-26-2015, 07:13 AM
Blacksmith

So the spinning wheel is their final solution for the shroom issue? By the way, there's a high chance that you may not get any shrooms from the wheel so it barely a good alternative for the fox imo.

Last edited by godevil; 09-26-2015 at 07:16 AM.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:29 AM

Hign chance of not getting shrooms from spin very high who is to say you will get it to land on the shroom part of the whee everyday let alone once a week or once a month it is a crap shoot and since the shrooms r the best thing on the wheel I am sure it has the least chance of being landed on.

at least with the fox you had a 50% mount for at least 3 quest and I had built up the fox on some servers for having the fox for over 500 quests. shrooms were best fox 2nd and xoins a far far very far 3rd.

Edit: Also for those only playing the app they don't get videos so they not only got shafted for the fox but now for coins as well. they need to find a way for all to have a chance at coins and bring back the shrooms for vids.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 09-26-2015 at 07:31 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
Sita (09-26-2015)
Old 09-26-2015, 08:19 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Edit: Also for those only playing the app they don't get videos so they not only got shafted for the fox but now for coins as well. they need to find a way for all to have a chance at coins and bring back the shrooms for vids.
I agree
Old 09-26-2015, 09:14 AM
Sheep

Yes, this wheel off fortune and lucky coins is by far the worst payout for watching videos so far, and I believe this is on purpose.

If we make the assumption that there is an equal chance of landing on each of the 10 prizes on the wheel, we have to pay an average of 100 coins in order to get 3 shrooms, that's an average of 833 coins for two weeks of 50% travel time. That is an awful lot of time spent watching video-commercials, and 33 times as much as when we were payed in schrooms.

And I do not believe the chances to be equal, I think shrooms and the two big piles of materials has a markedly lower chance than the two small piles, and the gold, though I have no statistics to back this up.

But whether the chances are equal or not, it is now virtually impossible to constantly have a 50% speed mount without buying schrooms, and the payout to the player for watching videos is approaching nil. Yes I know we get minute amounts of gold, xp, and materials, but not enough to matter. But the end result is still the same: less players watching the videos, so less money for Playa.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:52 AM
Community Manager

It would be great if you could spin the wheel with coins and also buy a fox with them. I have proposed this to Playa. Let's wait and see what they say.

The thing is that watching ad clips for free mushrooms is no longer possible. Only a different reward is. The reason is that some players used bots to exploit the ad videos and farmed many, many mushrooms a day without doing anything for it. Both the ad video company and Playa disliked this of course.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Sita (09-27-2015), Tilithia (09-26-2015)
Old 09-26-2015, 11:50 AM
Blacksmith

Returning the fox while maintaining the shroom chance from the wheel seems like a satisfying solution. By the way, it would be nice if on shroom weekends we have increased chance on spinning more mushroom or extra spin turns, say 15 or 20 instead of 10.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
It would be great if you could spin the wheel with coins and also buy a fox with them. I have proposed this to Playa. Let's wait and see what they say.

The thing is that watching ad clips for free mushrooms is no longer possible. Only a different reward is. The reason is that some players used bots to exploit the ad videos and farmed many, many mushrooms a day without doing anything for it. Both the ad video company and Playa disliked this of course.
that most of us understand but I thought playa was working on finding a way to bring back shrooms for vids that the bots couldn't get the shrooms. At least that was my understanding was they were working on a way.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 09-27-2015, 01:35 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
that most of us understand but I thought playa was working on finding a way to bring back shrooms for vids that the bots couldn't get the shrooms. At least that was my understanding was they were working on a way.
That would be the best solution but I suppose they couldn't find a fix for this particular bot issue.. I like Leander's idea, that at least would be a lot better than what we have at the moment.

As for mobile apps, how come there are no videos to watch? Can't the video adverts companies implement for mobile platform?

I've seen a few mobile games use Vungle for e.g.

Last edited by Sita; 09-27-2015 at 01:38 AM.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:09 AM

Yeah but those apps don't give u anything they just hope u click them where if playa did it they would be giving something plus the data usage would be thru the roof if ppl clicked the videos. But I do agree that something needs to be done for app as only users getting the shaft.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 09-27-2015, 06:10 AM
Mushroom Collector

Actually, with Vungle ads, players do earn game currency for watching the videos and the videos aren't long either, only 15 seconds.

I thought that perhaps the ads video companies Playa work with might have support for mobile app. But if not, it would be great if they look into other options like Vungle; just for the mobile app, not PC.