Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-30-2016, 10:15 AM
Dorian Grimmson Dorian Grimmson is offline
Sheep
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 66
Default Me & Myself against what army?

Last couple of nights I've been drinking and thinking and I says to myself "Mr. Grimmson, sir (you best show respect to a mighty dwarf warrior such as I, especially if he's been drinking!) it sure would be swell to pit ourselves (yeah, there's more than one of I. I never drink alone. What of it?) against a mighty gang or horde-ette to see how many ruffians, curs, and ne'r-do-wells we can send to the Bleak Pits of The Underworld before they do us in with their thousand cuts." "Hmmm." Thinks I seeing the appeal of such a test of skill. "Tell me more, lad (a proper dwarf always respects those above and below his station.)" I continues to myself "Well, good and terrible sir, maybe instead of the Arena where one can only take on one opponent at a time there could be a place, or places (Oh! Adventure!?) where we (you and I, the we of us two) could face a crowd or mash of opponents, one at a time, but ever stronger than the last until we tire and eventually fall. In this way we could get the measure of our abilities and knock heads at the same time." Another drink. Then another, then others, and we think a while. "THIS is a good idea and we should put it to Those Who Make The Game And Shall Not Be Named! Further I propose that each and all face the same kind and sort of foes with 'Bosses' at regular intervals in brackets of 100 character levels [so that lvl1-100, 101-200, etc face the same tier of opponents at equivalent if challenging ability/level. Or not, whatever.]. With that I and myself tire and settle back to drink more and think less.
Dorian "All this thinking makes my head feel funny" Grimmson
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-30-2016, 07:22 PM
bobo baggins's Avatar
bobo baggins bobo baggins is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,947
Default

I do like u trying to jazz up posts but most r confusing for your suggestions and this one I don't have a clue what u are suggesting.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
have fun, fight hard, die honorably


s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 03-31-2016 at 02:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
spiny norman (04-09-2016)
  #3  
Old 03-30-2016, 09:49 PM
probity probity is offline
Truffle Shuffler
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
I don like u trying to jazz up posts but most r confusing for your suggestions and this one I don't have a clue what u are suggesting.
Endless mode, keep fighting baddies from a low level onward until you succumb. Sort of like guild dungeons but more enemies and single player.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-31-2016, 08:53 AM
Dorian Grimmson Dorian Grimmson is offline
Sheep
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 66
Default

Yep. There would be a 'Dungeon' of, say, 100 opponents ranging from easy to maddeningly difficult. Once per day or so you enter this dungeon and see how many foes you can defeat (sort of like the guild raids but solo). As you increase in rank you will obviously progress further and further until you are able to clear all 100 in one go. At that point the next tier opens up where the level of opponents are even higher thus offering another challenge. Maybe you can only enter the dungeon when you level up? That or some other time limit to make it something other than one more dungeon or arena encounter. Gold and XP would be moot as I see it until you complete the 100 and/or the Boss at the end. Just seems like something interesting to watch other than a quick Arena match or the forgone conclusions of quest combats. Incorporating it in the HoF would be difficult but being able to see how others fare would be neat I would think. Maybe a roster within guilds or a minimum ranking column on the guild member roster to see how guildmates are advancing. Maybe this is just crackers but I have spent some time in the game and watching a brief combat leaves me wanting to see more action and root for the guy! Comments and suggestions welcome.
Dorian "Sober in the mornings" Grimmson
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-31-2016, 12:32 PM
BMWGuinness BMWGuinness is offline
Fidget's Griffin
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Grimmson View Post
Yep. There would be a 'Dungeon' of, say, 100 opponents ranging from easy to maddeningly difficult. Once per day or so you enter this dungeon and see how many foes you can defeat (sort of like the guild raids but solo). As you increase in rank you will obviously progress further and further until you are able to clear all 100 in one go. At that point the next tier opens up where the level of opponents are even higher thus offering another challenge. Maybe you can only enter the dungeon when you level up? That or some other time limit to make it something other than one more dungeon or arena encounter. Gold and XP would be moot as I see it until you complete the 100 and/or the Boss at the end. Just seems like something interesting to watch other than a quick Arena match or the forgone conclusions of quest combats. Incorporating it in the HoF would be difficult but being able to see how others fare would be neat I would think. Maybe a roster within guilds or a minimum ranking column on the guild member roster to see how guildmates are advancing. Maybe this is just crackers but I have spent some time in the game and watching a brief combat leaves me wanting to see more action and root for the guy! Comments and suggestions welcome.
Dorian "Sober in the mornings" Grimmson
How about we turn this into a guild challenge and incorporate the mushroom catapult?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-31-2016, 02:10 PM
godevil godevil is offline
Blacksmith
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 238
Default

My idea is:
It can be guild challenge, with only 7 - 10 slots open, so the first 7-10 members click in will embark on the journey.

Then they got to wait for 24 hour cool-down before they can click in again. As they left the dungeon, all the monster they had defeated will reincarnate with 10% less HP each time they die. So the next set of players will defeat them much easier. This also helps the guild plan good strategy for which players should attack first.

The reward could be gold or exp for each monster defeated.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-31-2016, 05:53 PM
BMWGuinness BMWGuinness is offline
Fidget's Griffin
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godevil View Post
My idea is:
It can be guild challenge, with only 7 - 10 slots open, so the first 7-10 members click in will embark on the journey.

Then they got to wait for 24 hour cool-down before they can click in again. As they left the dungeon, all the monster they had defeated will reincarnate with 10% less HP each time they die. So the next set of players will defeat them much easier. This also helps the guild plan good strategy for which players should attack first.

The reward could be gold or exp for each monster defeated.
find some way to incorporate guild mushrooms
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-03-2016, 03:41 AM
Meseket Meseket is offline
Blacksmith
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godevil View Post
My idea is:
It can be guild challenge, with only 7 - 10 slots open, so the first 7-10 members click in will embark on the journey.

Then they got to wait for 24 hour cool-down before they can click in again. As they left the dungeon, all the monster they had defeated will reincarnate with 10% less HP each time they die. So the next set of players will defeat them much easier. This also helps the guild plan good strategy for which players should attack first.

The reward could be gold or exp for each monster defeated.
well one of worst things that you can do in game like this is limit the amount of people that can click on it. it would make it so guilds would only send their best people and all others wont get a chance to the see it if they stay in the guild that they are in so in a way. it would be anti-social and not something that a guild is meant to stand for
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-03-2016, 06:16 AM
MedusasSnakes MedusasSnakes is offline
Fidget's Griffin
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meseket View Post
well one of worst things that you can do in game like this is limit the amount of people that can click on it. it would make it so guilds would only send their best people and all others wont get a chance to the see it if they stay in the guild that they are in so in a way. it would be anti-social and not something that a guild is meant to stand for
I'm not reading it that way.

I might be misinterpreting what godevil is saying, but it reads to me as it would give everyone a chance to fight the monsters.

I see frequently in guild chats, "So and so has one mage left in the fortress."

The stronger player didn't quite beat the opponent, announces it in guild, and that gives someone lower level a chance to go in and whoop on someone he/she would never otherwise been able to defeat.

This sound similar to me.

Your highest level players would be the first ones to attack and defeat the monsters. They can't attack again for 24 hours, but in the meantime, more people in the guild can attack 10% less powerful monsters, which in turn helps everyone further down the guild list.

A lot of times, the lower level players just don't have a chance to do what some of the higher level players can accomplish. Yes, it does make sense, but if higher level players could knock down the monsters so that lower level players have a chance to gain some exp or gold, that's actually creating unity in the guild.

"Hey, let me go beat on this and knock it down where you can beat it."

"Hey, let me drop my weapon so you can get the armor for your scrapbook."

Again, that's just how I'm reading it. I don't see it excluding anyone from taking part in a battle, just helping those who aren't as strong be able to defeat said monsters.
__________________
Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we continue to fly ... ON A BROOMSTICK ... because we are flexible like that.

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-09-2016, 11:45 AM
spiny norman spiny norman is offline
Crusader
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 626
Default

I agree with the sentiment of letting lower level members contribute. I've often felt that the guild dungeons would have been better designed if the defenders had a larger range of levels. Our last guild dungeon raid almost everyone clicked in. The first dungeon monster was over level 200 and took out 22 members of our guild. If there were a couple more dungeon monsters, say levels 150 and 100, the lower level members of the guild would at least be given the illusion that they were contributing in a manner that getting 1-hit by the monster does not.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spiny norman For This Useful Post:
MedusasSnakes (04-09-2016)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by 'Playa Games GmbH'