Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 2 > Small Talk

Notices

Small Talk Events, congratulations, announcements...

Old 08-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Sheep

I've had members of the Horde complain about him too. I'm surprised to hear that it's every one else too!
Old 08-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Stable Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcruncher View Post
I've had members of the Horde complain about him too. I'm surprised to hear that it's every one else too!
The guy seems to be offending just about everybody except his guild leader (REAL Legacy's current leader, not L.A.W.) whom seems to be of the opinion that its all fine because he has a 'goal' of becoming the most powerful player in the game and that he 'probably' won't continue being a EDITED to the rest of us once he gets there. Considering that he's spent probably hundreds of dollars on mushrooms just on arena fights alone, I'm doubtful that support will have that much reason to get rid of him despite that he's trying to ruin the fun of every other person he comes in contact with.

Last edited by iTZKooPA; 08-10-2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: edited for content
The Following User Says Thank You to galdon2004 For This Useful Post:
XaQashner (08-09-2010)
Old 08-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Sheep

anyone having issues with "Skull" he attacks me like 20 times back to back over and over using mushrooms he loses around 70% of them so i was just curious did i make a fan or anyone else getting this guys company too
Old 08-08-2010, 03:46 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Personally for people like these i'd just laugh at them for how much money they're wasting on the repeated attacks. If you look near the top of the server no one there has gone half as crazy trying to get their victory medal up
Old 08-08-2010, 06:07 AM
Supreme Adventurer

galdon, all violators of the Terms are treated the same. Repeated attacks are not a violation of the Terms as has been raised before. There is no limit on frequency or quantity of attacks against players. There are rules against insulting other players, spam, lewd messages, and profanity to name some of them. There have been mushroom buyers banned for the above reasons and more. All users who violate the Terms and are reported to the support e-mail address face the same penalties and point system. The forums are no exception either.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:06 AM
Stable Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
galdon, all violators of the Terms are treated the same. Repeated attacks are not a violation of the Terms as has been raised before. There is no limit on frequency or quantity of attacks against players. There are rules against insulting other players, spam, lewd messages, and profanity to name some of them. There have been mushroom buyers banned for the above reasons and more. All users who violate the Terms and are reported to the support e-mail address face the same penalties and point system. The forums are no exception either.
Though, considering that he has offended -so many- people, is there perhaps a way to suggest they amend those rules to include excessive repetitive attacks? The rules are there to protect the players, if someone makes an ass of himself by using loopholes and every trick that doesn't 'teeechnically' break any rule he's still doing exactly what the rules were initially designed to prevent.

One site i go to did it quite well, they have a rule saying "Attempting to circumvent or smartass your way around the rules is against the rules" to catch those guys who will go as close to breaking the rules as possible to upset people.

One reason I am particularly upset about this is that my room mate who had joined mostly quit after being harassed by someone and told its 'technically' not against the rules. I don't want to see more people do the same.

Last edited by galdon2004; 08-08-2010 at 07:08 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:26 AM
Supreme Adventurer

If all the player is doing is attacking people, then there is no harm. Yes, it is annoying to come back to an inbox full of attacks, and yes you have to delete them one by one (I wish there was a delete all button at times), but the changing in ranks is one thing that would happen anyway. Folks are going to climb the Hall of Fame that are stronger than you which will push you down the ladder until you climb back up it. If they are losing against you, then that is free honor and wins towards the appropriate medal.

It isn't unusual for folks in search of the honor medal to farm those they know that they can beat, and they rise in the ranks until someone else comes along that can beat them and pushes them down. It also isn't unusual for someone in search of the wins medal to farm folks, even after they can gain no honor from them. This is actually ideal, as no one loses or risks a thing.

The Hall of Fame does sort itself out, and while a loss may be annoying, it would happen anyway. It is just a matter of time until someone comes along and does it. Now, if the person is sending PMs that are insulting, degrading, and/or demeaning or contain profanity, that is an entirely different story. If the complaints received are about the number of attacks, then nothing will happen as it is a normal part of the game. There was an entire thread about this that got locked due to folks starting to flame.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Stable Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
If all the player is doing is attacking people, then there is no harm. Yes, it is annoying to come back to an inbox full of attacks, and yes you have to delete them one by one (I wish there was a delete all button at times), but the changing in ranks is one thing that would happen anyway. Folks are going to climb the Hall of Fame that are stronger than you which will push you down the ladder until you climb back up it. If they are losing against you, then that is free honor and wins towards the appropriate medal.

It isn't unusual for folks in search of the honor medal to farm those they know that they can beat, and they rise in the ranks until someone else comes along that can beat them and pushes them down. It also isn't unusual for someone in search of the wins medal to farm folks, even after they can gain no honor from them. This is actually ideal, as no one loses or risks a thing.

The Hall of Fame does sort itself out, and while a loss may be annoying, it would happen anyway. It is just a matter of time until someone comes along and does it. Now, if the person is sending PMs that are insulting, degrading, and/or demeaning or contain profanity, that is an entirely different story. If the complaints received are about the number of attacks, then nothing will happen as it is a normal part of the game. There was an entire thread about this that got locked due to folks starting to flame.
He actually just sent me this morning a PM telling me to delete my character and start a new one. Does that count? He sends insulting messages -and- spam attacks. he just sent me another saying he's so unbelievably rich compared to me. These messages in response to my polite attempt to explain how attacking 20-30 times and losing 80% of them is a waste of mushrooms for him. I don't mind getting free victories at his expense, what i do mind is him making an ass of himself to so many people and not even getting a slap on the wrist for it.

Last edited by galdon2004; 08-08-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:08 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Galdon, before Bull comes and says it, take a screenie of the offensive mail and ping it off to support.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Stable Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
Galdon, before Bull comes and says it, take a screenie of the offensive mail and ping it off to support.
I have. Again. But support hasn't even replied to my first email about his initial offenses.

Remaining polite as ever, the discussion has gone to him sending a tirade of rants and boasts, between him being rich and powerful in RL while claiming that I work at McDonalds, to claiming that my character will never move higher. While I am simply trying to politely tell him that he's wasting his money. I think he might have become fascinated by the fact that I haven't broken down into a blithering mass of insults after all his abuse. (note i'm not trying to feed the troll, I'm just replying to each of his comments politely explaining why his insult doesn't effect me or why his 'strategy' is just a waste of money or will hurt him in the long run. mostly helpful things)

Last edited by galdon2004; 08-08-2010 at 09:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to galdon2004 For This Useful Post:
XaQashner (08-09-2010)