Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 03-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Adventurer

Default Special Guild Chat Whispers

Another suggestion from my wife, she is suggesting a Guild Wide Whisper. She says just typing something in the guild chat doesn't mean everyone will see it & whispering it to each person takes too much time, so if a chat command like "/w guild " was added then each person would get the message whenever they sign in.

On this note, instead of the often requested Officer Only mail option, I suggesting an Officer Only Guild Whisper command "/w officer ", which each Officer would receive when they sign in.

This may be a more doable option than reworking the mail.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rizathivax For This Useful Post:
Bullbound (03-16-2012), Fartensburgh (03-17-2012), Lady Java (03-17-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Blacksmith

I don't know, I have found the whisper function to be too unreliable to be....well...relied on. I don't know if it is an issue with my computer or not, but several times I have been told that I have been sent a whisper and never have received it.

Mail I get all the time.

Just my two cents.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:30 PM
Adventurer

I've whispered to the wrong person & done the dreaded "unwhispered" whisper, when you think you're whispering but you're really not, but I've not run into what you say has happened to you. So....... I just don't know.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rizathivax For This Useful Post:
DominicS (03-17-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 08:49 PM

usual when what happens to Dom happens to me is that the chat moves the whisper up off the screen and maybe like me don't usually scroll up to see if there is anything for me to read.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 03-16-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:20 PM
Adventurer

Sounds like we could use a full screen mode for the guild chat. I know I've missed a lot of things because they scrolled too far up the list.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rizathivax For This Useful Post:
DominicS (03-17-2012)
Old 03-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicS View Post
I don't know, I have found the whisper function to be too unreliable to be....well...relied on. I don't know if it is an issue with my computer or not, but several times I have been told that I have been sent a whisper and never have received it.

Mail I get all the time.

Just my two cents.
Indeed, whisper needs to get fixed first. Have had plenty of times I didn't receive a whisper, or a whisper from me wasn't received.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vizari For This Useful Post:
DominicS (03-17-2012)
Old 03-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Supreme Adventurer

i have never had a whisper not be received by myself or another. if you are having problems, is it usually someone with a space in their name? You can't send a whisper if the name has a space in it UNLESS the space(s) are replaced with the pound symbol (#).
Old 03-17-2012, 10:26 AM
Adventurer

I wonder if server resets kill whispers like they do guild battle replays?

PLEASE NOTE: they my relocate this thread to Bugs & Complaints if we keep getting off topic.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicS View Post
Mail I get all the time.

Just my two cents.
Idk if there is a problem with the whisper feature Dom, but I can tell you that if you do a page reload, login and logout of you account before you see the whisper in the guild chat it will disappear.

Also keep in mind that if your using the phone app and sign in to your account and not check the guild chat, until you sign in to your computer the same can happen as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizathivax View Post
I've whispered to the wrong person & done the dreaded "unwhispered" whisper, when you think you're whispering but you're really not, but I've not run into what you say has happened to you. So....... I just don't know.
Don't you hate when that happens Rizathivax? So embarrassing glad I wasn't talking bad about someone in those moments! Also I like your wife's suggestion on the officer and guild whisper feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizathivax View Post
I wonder if server resets kill whispers like they do guild battle replays?
PLEASE NOTE: they my relocate this thread to Bugs & Complaints if we keep getting off topic.
Yes it does. Just like it kills any guild chat that was going on previously b4 the reset. All you see is the server reset message with the time of the reset.

Last edited by Lady Java; 03-18-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Comment on OP
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Java For This Useful Post:
DominicS (03-17-2012), Rizathivax (03-17-2012)
Old 03-19-2012, 02:59 AM
Adventurer

Don't forget too, if you leave your game on the guild screen, whispers received will get bumped by regular chat text.