Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 09-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Adventurer

Actually, you should have. In the Arena. It's the same in player and guild battles. If you are 951 or more honor above the loser, then you do not win honor from the fight, and if you do not win honor, you don't get the other reward (Gold for players, XP for guild war).

I have listed the non-abusive reasons why guilds can wind up with more than 950 honor than the guilds they can beat elsewhere. In ZOmbunny's case, because no one is ever beating us, our honor only rises, and so eventually, we wind up in that state, more or less permanently. We have to launch a fight to intnetionally lose, which brings us back into range of Rank 1.

Darstard listed elsewhere what would happen if Zombunny didn't Tank. Since (normally) Endless beats Grape Gang, Severed Tongue beats Endless, and Zombunny beats ST, all three of us would wind up +951 above our opponents, only getting a Guild War Xp win periodically when someone creeps into Endless' range. Maybe 1/1th the War sins others get. Zombunny tanking pushes us down, which allows us to take ST's honor, which lets them take Endless', and everyone can be happy that only Zombunny Tanks.

(BTW, I use Tank because in boxing, sometimes people say, "That boxer tanked that fight." (Lost intentionally.) It's possible I have the wrong definition.
The Following User Says Thank You to Charista For This Useful Post:
Rizathivax (09-13-2011)
Old 09-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charista View Post
Actually, you should have. In the Arena. It's the same in player and guild battles. If you are 951 or more honor above the loser, then you do not win honor from the fight, and if you do not win honor, you don't get the other reward (Gold for players, XP for guild war).
I have not it seen myself in my Arena battles, but I have of late gotten a couple of battle messages that said I was defeated & lost 0 Honor, 0 Gold, 0 Silver. I was wondering about those & this certainly would explain it.

Quote:
(BTW, I use Tank because in boxing, sometimes people say, "That boxer tanked that fight." (Lost intentionally.) It's possible I have the wrong definition.
Boxers normally throw a fight by taking a dive, but teams who intentionally lose a game to gain some future advantage, are said to have tanked the game rather than thrown it. So with what we discussing here (mainly guilds) the team tanking reference would fit nicely.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rizathivax For This Useful Post:
DominicS (10-29-2011)
Old 09-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizathivax View Post
While we're explaining things, what is the whole deal about the over 950 Honor difference that seems to be behind the need to get rid of the extra Honor?

Some of us (probably most) are too far from the top to have ever experienced the problem yet.
The reason this exists is to keep high level guilds from attacking low level guilds for easy xp.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Goddess View Post
The reason this exists is to keep high level guilds from attacking low level guilds for easy xp.
Ok but how does it keep them from attacking the lower level guilds?
Old 09-18-2011, 12:46 AM
Blacksmith

It doesn't. It makes it a worthless endeavour for them.

They gain neither experience nor honour after a victory, so the gold spent on initiating the raid, along with the 10 hours wait needed to get from the raid's initiation to its conclusion (and the imposed cooldown period before another raid can be initiated) is wasted without paying any dividends, without the victorious guild receiving any tangible benefit, any quantifiable reward.

In other words, it they lose some gold and time, and gain nothing in return.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:46 AM
Adventurer

Pretty close. The gold cost is trivial, so we don't care about that. What we in Zombunny refuse to do is give up an XP source, which in player vs. player competition means those in the #1 guild fall behind competitive players in lower Rank guilds. Well, classically, it is just one guild that suffers, but until recently, the top 3 guilds were going to suffer the problem of being >950 honor over their closest lower Rank guild.The Endless just picked up some more high level players, so who the real Rank 2 guild is currently being debated... with sword, staff, and bow.

Last edited by Charista; 09-18-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:44 AM
Ksana

Quote:
who the real Rank 2 guild is currently being debated... with sword, staff, and bow.
Well said, C

Thing is weekend always affect sign up rates, so I guess we get the answer on Monday or Tuesday.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Stable Boy

Send a message via Skype™ to Azkasha
Lightbulb

Quote:
It's very important to those we dump honor on. They want us to dump honor as infrequently as possible in order to limit damage to other guilds.

This is achieved by getting the smallest amount of honor per win. You get less honor for having a larger difference to the losing guild, so you want to dump 200 honor, but stay as close to 950 honor as possible. (The ideal is having your last win at 950 honor for +20, to 970, tank to 770.) I don't have a table of all honor gains for all honor differences, but I may start making that table for one reason or another.
Small mistake charista, but because you are a numbers-guy I wanted to correct you anyway.

If you win at 950 honor to guild number 2, then the difference will be 990, NOT 970. After that you can tank back to 790.

difference of 990 is because you win 20 honor, and your opponent loses 20 honor.