Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 12-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Adventurer

It has been stated that F.A.M.E. is not needed because the forum is already used by most Shakes & Fidget players so it would serve no purpose. So I gathered some numbers for those of you who like to see figures.

Players on server 3: 199,333

Players on server 3 who have looked for guilds on the forum: 121

Guilds on server 3: 4,015

Guilds on server 3 looking for members on the forum: 86

Alliances & mergers posted for server 3: 14

Total forum members: 5,952

Active forum members: 383

So the bottom line is if F.A.M.E can reach just 1% of the players from server 3 alone, we could well bring 1,993 new people to the forum & if only a third of them join, that's 664 new members. We are on five servers and will soon have a guild & agent on another server bringing us up to six. I think we might serve a purpose after all & that we have our work cut out for us.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rizathivax For This Useful Post:
DominicS (12-04-2011)
Old 12-04-2011, 12:15 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charista View Post
Sigh. I guess we'll do this the hard way, because you don't understand.

Snapshot of the top 6 right now.

1 The Endless (TE) 11113
2 The Severed Tongue (ST) 10952
3 Disciples of Beer (DoB) 10061
4 Grape Gang (GG) 9346
5 Threat and Promise (T&P) 8472
6 Adventurer's Inc (AI) 8330

I know from observation that 1 & 2 are swapping places, as are 5 and 6.

Important note: If your guild has 951 or more honor than your victim, you gain no Honor and no XP.

Assume ST joins FAME.

Nothing changes.

Charista, noticing ST join, says to Slambo, hey, join FAME. Trust me, it'll rock. ST can no longer attack DoB.

DoB does as it has been, attacking GG. St can only attack TE, and TE can only attack DoB when in 2nd. They both lose on attack vs each other, usually, so they just keep swapping places in #1, and because they don't win attacks, they don't get War XP. Periodically, TE when in 2nd attacks DoB and gets XP. ST never does.

DoB, however, slowly rises to nearly 950 over GG. Assume DoB is willing to honor dump. DoB honor dumps down to 750 and continues unabated. Nothing changes for DoB, but the lack of War Xp for ST helps them slowly catch up.

Result: ST, by joining, no longer gets War XP, but TE by not joining does. St falls behind and begins to see DoB gain in power over them.

TwoTonTim sees what's going on, and joins FAME. DoB can no longer attack anyone for War XP. GG rises to >950, and since they won't Honor dump, they stall out of range. Now no one that joined is getting War XP. Only TE is, because they didn't join.

The point is that your exclusion of attacking other guild members cuts off the higher ranked guild from War XP, and so no one in a single target situation should join. If they miss this, and do join, they will find themselves hamstrung, and will abandon FAME as dysfunctional. It aggravates the already existing honor system issues by putting lower Rank guilds into a situation where they are honor locked where in a normal healthy system they would not be, without providing solutions for the need to Honor Dump.
Charista, are you purposefully ignoring the 3 posts before this and the 4 posts total now, where the original poster has stated that the guilds are not only allowed to attack each other, but that this effort is to provide a way to encourage inter-guild activity and competition? Seems to me like you just want to keep beating the dead horse until it is dog food.
DominicS (12-04-2011)
Old 12-04-2011, 06:41 AM
Adventurer

Bullbound:

"People have asked, well what if everyone joins F.A.M.E. & becomes allies, there will no longer be any guild battles, it will ruin the game. Not so, member guilds can "challenge" any member guild to a "training battle"."

DoB would simply say, "No," to the request for a "training battle" in my scenario. They're joining to intentionally mess over ST, after all, and maybe put them out of #2 in order to attract higher level members. As GG is messing over DoB in the second part of the scenario.
Time of Death: 17:32 PDT November 14, 2011
It has passed into Myth and Legend.

http://zombunny.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=236408
Old 12-04-2011, 07:01 AM

F.A.M.E could have a place in the game and fourm if it gets more people here and to stay in the game thats good. F.A.M.E will not be for everyone which is also fine that is what makes this game so fun if one guild dont work out juust dont feel you fit in you go and try another F.A.M.E is like that. If you feel you dont fit in it you dont have to join.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
DominicS (12-04-2011), Rizathivax (12-04-2011)
Old 12-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charista View Post
Bullbound:

"People have asked, well what if everyone joins F.A.M.E. & becomes allies, there will no longer be any guild battles, it will ruin the game. Not so, member guilds can "challenge" any member guild to a "training battle"."

DoB would simply say, "No," to the request for a "training battle" in my scenario. They're joining to intentionally mess over ST, after all, and maybe put them out of #2 in order to attract higher level members. As GG is messing over DoB in the second part of the scenario.
If you don't want to join, you don't have to. However, one doesn't go into a guild's recruitment thread and slam them to prevent them from gaining players, do they? You keep ignoring that the "training battle" doesn't prevent guild fights. Guilds are still free to fight as they wish. The "training battles" are just an easy way to coordinate fights with limitations.

Last edited by Bullbound; 12-04-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: fixed content
Old 12-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Adventurer

1. If this is a recruitment thread, it needs to be moved to the recruitment section.

2. I was invited to be an "Agent". I have the Right to present my reasons why I chose against not just to Riz, but to everyone.

3. As I have repeatedly demonstrated, many will not consider the effects of their choice on the Honor System and their regular game XP, and may wind up with unintended consequences for joining. People deserve to know all the results of their choices. And those proposing need to be shown the consequences of what they are proposing so that they know why they are being ignored. I will remind everyone that they expected Zombunny to accept responsibility for the unintended consequences of Honor Dumping, so showing you all the unintended consequences of your actions saves you the responsibility of making the mistake in the first place.

4. This was posted to a general forum, and the moderators have not restricted replies by style. I am on subject, and not taking the topic off-content. Being critical is not the same as being off-topic.

4. YOU AREN'T A MODERATOR SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I SAY THEN... well, not going to get sucked into it by you again.
Time of Death: 17:32 PDT November 14, 2011
It has passed into Myth and Legend.

http://zombunny.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=236408

Last edited by iTZKooPA; 12-04-2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: edited for content
Old 12-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Charista, I am in no way attempting to moderate you. However, you have said the same thing in almost every post now. "Guilds won't be able to attack each other." That was denied after every post of yours. Repeating it isn't going to make folks believe you when you are blatantly wrong. You present a scenario as fact, as if it is going to happen 100%. It is how you think something MIGHT happen. If you read all the replies about how guilds are welcome to attack each other, and are ENCOURAGED to do so, then you would see that the denial of battle to prevent honor dumping isn't reasonable. It wouldn't make any difference if you are in this group or not. You don't have to be an agent if you don't want to, but try presenting facts as facts, opinions as opinions, and even more importantly, try reading what others say instead of assuming you are infallible and everyone else is just blowing it out their rears.

Thank you iTZKooPA for that edit.

Last edited by Bullbound; 12-04-2011 at 08:49 PM. Reason: edited for content upon request
The Following User Says Thank You to Bullbound For This Useful Post:
DominicS (12-04-2011)
Old 12-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

I've edited a few of these follow-up posts for jabs that have been slipped in while discussing the large post. If they continue, this post will be closed.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:58 AM
Adventurer

The challenge system seems like a big hassle to me.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:20 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Vizari, having used it, it isn't. All you do if you want a special battle against someone, is write to them. It is done that way already, but this gives you a starting point if looking for an opponent. If I want to fight someone with no weapons, because I want to check the mechanics of a warrior's shield, I'm not contacting someone at random, I have a network of folks to pick from that might be interested and willing.
Rizathivax (03-08-2012)