Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

View Poll Results: Free Birthday Mushrooms?
I got free mushrooms for all my characters! 8 40.00%
I only got free mushrooms for some of my characters. 2 10.00%
I could donate some or all my free mushrooms. 3 15.00%
I couldn't donate any of my free mushrooms. 0 0%
I have no idea if I got any free mushrooms. 8 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Adventurer

Default Free Birthday Mushrooms?!

You all remember the great Free Easter Mushrooms problems with the codes & e-mails, etc.

Well this last weekend was Shakes & Fidget's 3rd. Birthday & we again have been given 10 Free Mushrooms, however this time they justed added them on to our mushroom total in the game.

However, it seems that not everyone has gotten their Free Mushrooms this time around either. I've been told that everyone should have gotten them by now.

Plus, there is still the question of if they are donatable like the Free Easter Mushrooms where for most people last time, using the command /mushroom x (x = mushrooms to donate, exam. 10). They never did say if that was planned or not.

So are you one of the lucky ones or did you get missed again?
If you are one of the lucky ones where you able to donate them?

Note: Please use the 5th. option in the poll if you think you didn't receive any free Birthday mushrooms, because as I explain further down in this thread since they just added them to our total mushrooms how can we really be sure?

Last edited by Rizathivax; 07-06-2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Adding explanation about Poll options.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Blacksmith

The reason they were donatable last time is because you had to go to the dealer and type in a voucher code. So as far as the game was concerned we purchased them. This time with them just being automatically added they are not donatable unfortunately. That bring said I did not get them on server 1 us, but the rest I believe I did.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxem For This Useful Post:
DeadMeat (07-03-2012)
Old 07-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Stable Boy

Send a message via Skype™ to Azkasha

This just is not right...

There should be a message in my inbox (ingame or email) saying "you have received 10 mushrooms for this or that occasion." How am I to know if I even GOT the 10 free mushrooms otherwise?

I don't keep count of my mushrooms, I used to buy new if I needed them. Now that I have not received the Easter mushrooms, I probably did not get these either.

I have decided to stop buying mushrooms altogether.

BTW, the poll is missing an option:

You did not GET any free mushrooms.

Last edited by Azkasha; 07-04-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Adventurer

Azkasha, I agree with you about being notified some how about getting free mushrooms & about trying to keep track of them. That was why I suggested a donatable mushroom counter in my Golden Mushroom thread. Also, I did have "received no mushrooms" as part of the fifth choice about not knowing if you got mushrooms, but as you note since they got no notice & may not be able to donate them, how would most people know if they got them or not? Truthfully, if most people don't even know if they got them, Playa Games missed the whole point of giving them out, didn't they?

Jaxem, I was able to donate my 10 free Birthday mushrooms with two of my characters (the only way I even know that I received them) and the poll shows that at least 1 other person was able to donate some of theirs. But even with the Easter Mushrooms not everyone could donate them, even if they got them.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Crusader

It is my understanding that the donatability of mushrooms is not a simple questions. I have been told that you may donate as many mushrooms as you have purchased.

So let's say there are 4 players, all starting with 0 mushrooms. Each is given 10 mushrooms by playa.

Player A has never purchased mushrooms. He cannot donate.
Player B has purchased 100 mushrooms in the past and has donated 50. He may donate his 10 mushrooms.
Player C has purchased 100 mushrooms in the past and donated them all. He may not donate his 10 mushrooms
Player B has purchased 100 mushrooms in the past and has donated 95. he may donate 5 of his free mushrooms, bringing him up to the 100 that he purchased, but not the other 5.

That is my understanding: if you have purchased 100 mushrooms, you may donate 100 mushrooms. They don't have to be the ones you purchased, however. So the question of whether the free mushrooms were donatable would depend on the character's previous purchase and donation history.

The real question, then, would be whether the birthday mushrooms adds to the number of mushrooms a person can donate from their current or future stash. And it sounds like the answer to this is "no".

Last edited by spiny norman; 07-05-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: clarity.
The Following User Says Thank You to spiny norman For This Useful Post:
Jengas (07-04-2012)
Old 07-04-2012, 04:25 PM

I believe it was asked why the birthday shrooms are not donateable the reason would be that they were given in a way the coding wouldn't see them as bought like the easter ones were. The easter ones were by mail that you used a code in the mushroom purchase area and the birthday ones were a gift automacticly given to everyone.

So the conclusion is if you use a voucher code forshrooms whether purchased or notyou should be able to donate them were ones which are put in your account are not unless you have purchased shrooms in the past and did not donate all of them already.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 07-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
That is my understanding: if you have purchased 100 mushrooms, you may donate 100 mushrooms. They don't have to be the ones you purchased, however. So the question of whether the free mushrooms were donatable would depend on the character's previous purchase and donation history.

The real question, then, would be whether the donated mushrooms adds to the number o mushrooms a person can donate from their current or future stash. And it sounds like the answer to this is "no".
What throws the whole thing out of whack for a lot of people besides not having a counter other than the donated count in the guild (which only is valid if you've spent all your time in the same guild) is the Free Easter Mushrooms. Since they could not be donated by clicking in the guild, a lot of people didn't know that they could use the chat command to donate them, however those 10 mushrooms can still be donated. I think that some people may be donating those earlier 10 mushrooms now thinking they are donating the current Free Birthday mushrooms, but really how can most people tell with out a separate donatable mushroom counter?

Also I think you meant "free" where you put "donated" in your post above, as donated mushrooms will never ADD to you current or future donatable mushrooms. However if you did mean "free" then your answer would not be "no" in all cases as the free Easter Mushrooms prove & bobo explained.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizathivax View Post

Also I think you meant "free" where you put "donated" in your post above, as donated mushrooms will never ADD to you current or future donatable mushrooms. However if you did mean "free" then your answer would not be "no" in all cases as the free Easter Mushrooms prove & bobo explained.
yep. I'll fix it.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:14 AM

Rizathivax I am not sure what kind of counter you are looking for as we have a counter for how many shrooms you donated to the guild as long as youstay in the guild. and we have one for how many you can donate. All you do is hover your cursor over your shrooms and it will tell you how many you can donate up to.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following User Says Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
Rizathivax (07-06-2012)
Old 07-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Mushroom Collector

Thumbs down Now that you mention it

You know I never got the Easter or the 3rd anniversary mushrooms either. Totally forgot about it until I read this thread.

Man you guys have to start calling them "invisible" 10 mushrooms pretty soon,

Cause I haven't seen any.

Edit: The Poll should include did not receive any mushrooms at all.

Last edited by Balder; 07-06-2012 at 10:32 AM.