Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 08-15-2010, 04:51 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Game mechanics

Greetings,

I have read a lot of posts in this forum trying to find out how the mechanics of the game work. Until now this is where I have come to:
  • Damage = (weapon damage) * (1 + (my primary attribute)/10 - (enemy value of my primary attribute)/20)
  • Crit = Luck * 5 * /( (enemy level) * 2)
  • When crit happens, double damage is occured.
  • Health = (Constitution) * (2 for mages, 4 for scouts, 5 for warriors) * ((my level) + 1)
  • Evasion = 50%, only for scouts since they hit level 10
  • Block = what the shield says only warriors
  • Noone can evade, block or "resist" a mage's attacks
  • Damage scales during a battle linearly by 0.4 each round (eg. 1st round: (initial damage), 2nd round: 1.4*(intial damage), 3rd round: 1.8*(initial damage) and so on)

I am trying to put up a couple of tools online for my guild evaluating items, simulating battles, finding best attribute to raise and things like that. I would like to use the most up-to-date information available so please let me know if I have understood something wrong, or if there is something I miss...

Any help is appreciated.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:41 AM
Supreme Adventurer

For a mage's attack, only the defender's attribute applies. It can be "resisted." The damage equations you have are a rough estimate, as there are still numbers that fall outside of the equations.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Truffle Shuffler

You mean there is a chance that a mage's attack is totally resisted? Like a warrior's attack is evaded by a scout? I haven't seen this yet in the battles I have done...

And "rough estimate" is ok with me, as long as it is the best estimate known in game forums
Old 08-15-2010, 09:23 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Mages attacks can't be blocked, but damage can be reduced by an opponents int, this also applies to amge v mage fights.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Yes, this is calculated in the damage formula I posted.

Damage = (weapon damage) * (1 + (my primary attribute)/10 - (enemy value of my primary attribute)/20)

Is there a better approximation with another formula?
Old 08-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Banned

why so much math.... realy its just a game :p kinda a waste of time making all those formulas.. but also waiting 100 minutes is to lol
Old 08-15-2010, 11:39 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Actually, I like being the "math guy" in the games I play. I find it more fun this way :p
Old 08-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Stable Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistikis View Post
Actually, I like being the "math guy" in the games I play. I find it more fun this way :p
You need to hook up with BlueDude2! He is the main number cruncher around here. You two should hit it off great!
<--fistikis & BlueDude2
Old 08-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Truffle Shuffler

In order to compare items and attributes I examined how much better my character would become if I had one more strength or one more intelligence and so on. Saying better I mean, how much in percentage would this point raise my damage or my endurance. For example if with 1 more constitution point I will have 1020 health while now I have 1000, then the improvement would be 2%.

To calculate the improvement of one non-primary attribute I would have to calculate how much the next point would increase my mitigation against an opponent who had this attribute as primary. Since I dont know what the value of his primary attribute would be, I assume it is as high as my primary attribute. So I can evaluate the improvement. Dividing this improvement with the cost of the next point I get the "Value per gold" which is my guide to increasing attributes. Or adding the values of the attributes of an item I can compare two items.

I have put up on the web these two tools along with a battle simulation tool and a simple quest compare tool at http://sftools.info

Feel free to try the tools and let me know of any problems you might find.

So far I blindly follow the results of the tools with all my players, and things seem to go pretty ok. I would be happy to hear any comments and suggestions on how to improve them.

Thank you and sorry for the wall of text!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fistikis For This Useful Post:
Bria (08-16-2010), moreum (08-16-2010), Scytale (08-18-2010)
Old 08-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Blacksmith

Send a message via Skype™ to moreum

great tools I must say. This is definitely a lot of work and I appreciate your dedication and help. Although, I have yet to check out the full potential of the website I'm sure that this will be a great addition in our useful section on our website. I will be sure to notify my guildmates of these great tools.