Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  
Old 03-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Warriors need a buff?

I'm not sure if anyones noticed but warriors are barely on the leaderboards compared to the other classes but warriors actrually have almost the highest amount of players. Since they have the most players it would seem obvious that they should have the highest chance of being in the top 10 or 20 but there not and this is because warriors are much weaker then the other classes in the long run.

Post your thoughts below, no flaming please.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Adventurer

Perhaps it's simply that the other classes are played by players who buy more mushrooms. It's been my experience that overall the classes are pretty equal in the long run.

By the way, how do you know that warriors have the highest amount of players?

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell
Read the Shakes & Fidget comics translated into English!
Sprechen sie Deutsche? New German comics here
Old 03-10-2011, 04:22 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Well, one way is to scroll towards the bottom near the players that have quit the game/there class lol you will find most of them are warriors :3.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Supreme Adventurer

gurucross, that doesn't really mean a thing. Many folks forget to or fail to realize they can pick a class. Yes, folks do this often. They then use the default class (warrior) or abandon the account without deleting it. If you scroll through the Hall of Fame for any server, you will find the leading class changes on a fairly steady basis. Folks may see a bunch of mages at the top, but then they put on anti-mage gear and next you might see warriors. Folks put on anti-warrior gear, and next you might see scouts.

As for your claim about warriors not being in the lead, take a look at s1. 9 out of the top 15 players are warriors at this time. s2 has 8 out of the top 15 players as mages. s3 has 8 out of the top 15 players as scouts. See where I'm going with this? It doesn't mean that warriors are underpowered, it just means that either a)there are a lot of warriors on one server and folks created other classes on other servers; and b)any class can be in the lead, if you are willing to dedicate the time and money needed to get there.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Truffle Shuffler

I agree, on so many games I've played warriors are the the most popular mainly because it's there by default. And I think warriors aren't weak, im not sure how but some level 6 owned me in the arena because it had loads and loads of mushrooms and it defeated me in 2 turns! I think mushrooms are OP ._.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Truffle Shuffler

I'm trying to figure out why every mage I see, regardless of level (I'm currently lvl 16) has a weapon that averages 50-70 damage when I can barely find a weapon that averages 30 as a warrior (I'm talking just the weapon, not weapon + bonuses).
Old 03-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Supreme Adventurer

That would be because mages get more damage, but less health. Warriors get less damage, but a lot more health. Scouts are in the middle.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
That would be because mages get more damage, but less health. Warriors get less damage, but a lot more health. Scouts are in the middle.
Wow. Then I made the worst class decision ever. When I have 13k hit points and someone is a lvl lower than me routinely nailing me for 3-4x what I can hit them for, the balance is a bit off (in my opinion).

I should've probably tested that a bit more before I dumped money into this character.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:34 PM
Supreme Adventurer

A warrior has constitution*5 for health. A mage has constitution*2. You have more than double their health. The weapon's damage range is double your weapon's damage range. The trade off is even. However, if they are doing 3-4 times the amount of damage you are doing, then it isn't going to be due to the weapon, but where your stats are. Many mages dump all of their money into intelligence, constitution, and luck. The intelligence dumping gives them higher damage, just like your strength gives you higher damage. Dexterity does nothing for either of you in a fight between a warrior and a mage. Intelligence gives you a defense against their attack, and strength gives them a defense against your attack. From what you have said, it sounds like the other player dumped a ton of money into intelligence, much more than you have dumped into strength.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:34 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
A warrior has constitution*5 for health. A mage has constitution*2. You have more than double their health. The weapon's damage range is double your weapon's damage range. The trade off is even. However, if they are doing 3-4 times the amount of damage you are doing, then it isn't going to be due to the weapon, but where your stats are. Many mages dump all of their money into intelligence, constitution, and luck. The intelligence dumping gives them higher damage, just like your strength gives you higher damage. Dexterity does nothing for either of you in a fight between a warrior and a mage. Intelligence gives you a defense against their attack, and strength gives them a defense against your attack. From what you have said, it sounds like the other player dumped a ton of money into intelligence, much more than you have dumped into strength.
I didn't even realize there were other servers (I just followed a link in from another forum I'm on). I made an account on s1 to look at the boards. I stand corrected. PEBKAC.

Last edited by trepanation; 03-15-2011 at 08:40 AM.