Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Strategy & Tactics

Notices

Old 05-20-2011, 06:01 AM
Stable Boy

Default Abbi's Guide to Collecting Stickers! (spoiler)

Tips:
Farming (No Honor):

Select a guild with 50 members in it. Look at the character profile of the lowest ranked member of the guild. If they have an item you want to collect a sticker for attack them. If not, look at their portrait and click the 'next' button located in the upper left hand corner of the portrait. You can scroll through the whole guild quickly this way.

If you are scrolling through guild members, you can quickly return to your place by remembering the players Name or Hall of Fame Rank and typing that into the search field in the Hall of Fame.

When you have farmed a guild for everything you are looking for, if you still have gaps return to the guild's roster page by clicking on the guild name in a player's portrait located inside brackets. Then click on the guilds rank in the upper left hand corner of the guild roster page to go to the Guild Hall of Fame and select the guild below them to start working on the next guild.

This will help you fill in the majority of stickers quickly, however some of the most difficult gear to collect will be the color variations of low level gear since those players tend not to be in large guilds if any at all.

Part 1: Tokens (2.6%)

There are 45 tokens. This is roughly 2% of your complete collection of Stickers. These are probably the easiest set to complete since there are not any variations in color.

37 Normal Tokens
8 Epic Tokens
Part 2: Rings (5%)
80 Normal Ring
8 Epic Rings

More to come...

Last edited by Abbi; 05-20-2011 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Cleaned it up a little
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Abbi For This Useful Post:
Beanhead III (07-28-2011), blackhatnot (09-25-2011), Calundra (12-20-2011), iTZKooPA (06-02-2012), Jengas (05-20-2011), saydian (01-14-2013)
Old 05-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Note that very low level characters (below 15) will have items that higher level characters do not.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Wannabe Griffin

What I did to get to 82% is, I first attacked to get one of each item and all the epics, then I went and attacked for each item variation, page by page, that way I filled a lot of the remaining pages as well. It is fairly slow, but it is effective.

Edit: Note that there are epics I couldn't find even checking over 1000 characters (all the top players included). They are:
Last boots of page 50 of the warrior tab. - Demonic Boots / Almost certain no one has this one.
Last weapon on page 10 of the scout tab. - Vuvuzela / I recall seeing it but I think it was on s2.

If anyone has these, let me know that they exist at least (and that I am probably blind).

Last edited by Nimryel; 05-20-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Stable Boy

I am assuming that most of the stuff is common except the last item of each set which is reserved for the highest level/ranked players. For instance, the last token is being held by five people on my server all of whom are ranked in the top 10 players in the Hall of Fame. They are also all over level 230.

I believe each color variation has a starting level and eventually a top level where it will not appear anymore. Ever seen a little 100 wielding a stick? I'm sort of sorry I sold mine now.

The weapon you asked about Vuvuzela, there are plenty of them to go around on my server ... again being held by the highest level/rank players. I haven't looked at boots. I'm trying to do this pretty much without cashing in all my mushrooms... although I've spent around 50-60 so far.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Adventurer

I'm sorry, but this is a very inefficient method of going about the task. If you're looking for increasing your sticker album as fast as possible, you need to be more focused on the task.

This is not for those throwing mushrooms at it, since you don't care. This is for people that are doing it the slow, hard way, every 10 minutes. Like me. Right now I have 72%, and haven't spent one mushroom on this. Anyone with the time can be where I am right now.

1) Do not go for Epics or Tab 2 (Jewelry, trinkets) first. You will pick these up by accident along the way. Hunt for the least common items first, and the common ones will come along for the ride. Epics are *not* uncommon, since everyone carries one or two typically, and sometimes more.

2) Focus on getting as wide a variety as possible as quickly as possible. That means not sticking to one difficulty region.

3) Select targets such that as little duplication as possible occurs.

4) Everything that exists can drop for players L60 and below, so there's no reason to look at the top of the HoF for the gear you're missing.

None of this is achieved by doing an entire guild and switching to the next.

Here's how you do it.

a) Select enemies by focusing on the weapon pages. By selecting targets by their weapons, rather than witching to a Chest here, a Boot there, you reduce duplication.

b) Weapons spawn only for certain level ranges. There are the basic starter weapons, then the beginner weapons, then the intermediate, and finally the high level. (All normal weapons have 5 skins.) For everyone, there is one type of starter weapon. For Scouts and Mages, there are 3 types of beginner weapons. Warriors have a lot more (6 or 7, it's harder to tell). Same goes for INtermediate and High level weapons. Starter weapons should be avoided until last, since starter characters are often unequipped in many slots, reducing possible sticker chances.

c) Jump back and forth between classes, and don't fixate on one class. This reduces the chance of duplicating stickers you already have, by capturing from a class that has fewer stickers.

d) The L25 region can spawn almost any item, so this is your best hunting region. They can have beginner equipment getting old, spawn intermediate equipment normally, and can have rare spawn high level equipment. Further, they'll often have one or two epics.

e) If you concentrate on one item type to excess, you'll also fill that difficulty level's other gear, increasing the chances of duplication.

There is no reason not to get 6 stickers per attack on average until you're about 50%, where duplication really starts to ramp up.

So:
1) Hunt in the L25 region
2) Hunt for weapons first, until those pages are full. Then do all chest slot, etc.
3) Switch between classes and weapon types, because as one class gains stickers, the chances of getting duplicates increases.
4) Don't hunt for Epics or Jewellery until second last.
5) Hunt for starter gear last.
6) If you are having trouble identifying an item as unique, right-click to get the "Zoom In" option. alt-Print screen, paste to Paint, and you can compare two items this way with more resolution.
7) Some Scout items are only different based on the fletching on the arrows, which isn't in the Book.
8) Hate Warriors because they have 15 pages of weapons and 5 of shields.
9) Build up a list of targets ahead of yourself, so that you can take the time between them to identify duplicates and possibly reject someone that has more duplicates than you expect.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Charista For This Useful Post:
Beanhead III (07-28-2011), Calundra (12-20-2011), Jengas (06-19-2012), Neophyte (01-24-2016), saydian (01-14-2013)
Old 05-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Necklaces:

Epic Necklaces:

Last edited by The Cat Goddess; 05-21-2011 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Fix'd!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Cat Goddess For This Useful Post:
Beanhead III (07-28-2011), Calundra (12-20-2011)
Old 05-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Adventurer

Cat goddess, your missing items are:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Charista For This Useful Post:
Beanhead III (07-28-2011), Calundra (12-20-2011), The Cat Goddess (05-21-2011)
Old 05-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Stable Boy

I'm only offering a suggestion and I did stick to one item at a time. First Tokens then Rings. If I implied it to be 'the best' way I didn't mean that. It was my choice because I wanted to complete a section easily and quickly and Tokens don't have any variety so they were easy to complete.

I ready your way and I agree with it completely. I don't see any reason for that not to work either. Actually, even though I went with tokens I filled in a large portion of my album on extra items as well but I wasn't really trying. Your method seems to put a lot of focus on anyalizing which targets have the best return per attack while mine just looks for that one item and takes it without regard to what else I can get. So I think your method is superior for someone trying to fill in effeciently.

As for hall of fame or not, my suggestion was to make it easy to scroll through many players at a time. Not because they are the best targets. A guild with 50 players means less clicking when you can use the 'next' button.

A button to scroll through the hall of fame by rank on the profile page rather than by guild (or a choice) would be awesome.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abbi For This Useful Post:
Calundra (12-20-2011), DominicS (10-21-2011)
Old 05-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbi View Post
The weapon you asked about Vuvuzela, there are plenty of them to go around on my server ... again being held by the highest level/rank players. I haven't looked at boots. I'm trying to do this pretty much without cashing in all my mushrooms... although I've spent around 50-60 so far.
I was referring to server 1, where there are no boots or vuvuzela.
My Scrapbook is complete (items anyway) except for those two. It took me a total of about 10-12 hours to finish it, with the last 4-5% being a pain. Some low level item/color variations are insanely hard to find and that's where the most time was spent.
My method was fairly inefficient though unless you are using mushrooms, so Charista's method is better.

Anyway, here is something that should help - all the items in the scrapbook:
http://www.4m7.de/sammelalbum/
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nimryel For This Useful Post:
Beanhead III (07-28-2011), blackhatnot (10-13-2011), Calundra (12-20-2011), Peeno (06-27-2011)
Old 11-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Sorry this may sound a bit n00bish!!

I have been playing for around a week now and currently lvl 10. I understand the images you refer to are weapons etc that can be bought or gained from questing, but am not too sure about the rest... having a sticker album, and gaining said item from farming someone else. Could you clarify it better pls?