Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  
Old 12-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Stable Boy

Default Event

Are you kidding with us Playa??????? event for you not for us??? awesome event..to make players buy as much shrooms as they can...and how about players cant do that???? and the chance to find epic item in shop from 0.00005% will be increased to 0.0005%? at least do not 20% extra shrooms in sale... 30?40?
The Following User Says Thank You to IsildaN For This Useful Post:
Ziaxia (03-11-2012)
Old 12-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Truffle Shuffler

It's obvious that most of the "events" they do is to make people buy more shrooms. Bout time to get used to it.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Confirmed guys - no chance to get an epic A friend just tested it.
Good luck anyway, and merry Christmas
Old 12-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Community Manager Int. S&F Forum

Nobody is forced to buy . Others do want to buy mushrooms and if they get 20% more than expected it is something nice for them.

We offer specials and it is up to you to use them or not.

An example: if skateboards are -20% off in a store nobody is forced to buy them either but those who want one pay less than normal. If people think the prices are only reduced to trick them into buying it is their opinion...but still they have the freedom to buy a skateboard or not.

And the chances to find an epic item are higher than usual...if your friend didn't find one it doesn't mean nobody will find one. A friend of mine spent 10 mushrooms to refresh the shops and found two epics while another one spent the same and found none...you're either lucky or not. And again, it is up to you if and how you would like to use our specials.

Last edited by Leander; 12-23-2011 at 05:42 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (12-23-2011), DeadMeat (12-23-2011), Delts (12-24-2011), Gynx (12-23-2011)
Old 12-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Blacksmith

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Nobody is forced to buy .

We offer specials and it is up to you to use them or not.

An example: if skateboards are -20% off in a store nobody is forced to buy them either but those who want one pay less than normal. If people think the prices are only reduced to trick them into buying it is their opinion...but still they have the freedom to buy a skateboard or not.

And the chances to find an epic item are higher than usual.. And again, it is up to you if and how you would like to use our specials.
Your analogy needs a little tweaking. First we ALL come into the skateboard shop. Some of us use the free demo skateboard, others pay a fee to try some of the newer skateboards. All this does is allow those who pay a fee to try the new skateboards, to do so, but 20% cheaper. (or get more for the same amount, but the analogy still fits. ).

Second, as far as the epics are concerned, that is akin to saying instead of having 5 skateboards costing 7 billion dollars each, we now have 10 skateboards that cost 7 billion dollars (I am assuming the epics still cost mushrooms to buy, no?).

So it's not really a choice of whether we want to "use the specials or not", it's the fact that the specials aren't tailored to us free players anyway.

The gold "bonus" as poorly executed as that was, was at least a true "bonus" for all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DominicS For This Useful Post:
caliba (12-23-2011), Ziaxia (03-11-2012)
Old 12-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Voluntary Forum Moderator

Everyone shroomer (game supporter) or free to play Scrapbook enthusist will benefit from this event. 95% here i come
Old 12-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Adventurer

You also have to add in something else then...you get a free shroom each day. If you are a non-shroomer, then you may find yourself with many shrooms stored up, and as such..you may be able to buy an epic from the shop (I believe they are 15 shrooms plus a reduced gold rate to get an epic).

You may not have any stored up..in which case..you see the value in the shrooms to either get a griffin, do more thirst a day, or both..or to shroom shops to find a specific item you may need. or even speed up quests for those that have no time and/or patience

I find that I only need to buy shrooms a few times a year. Granted, it is more money than I would ever spend on any other game or online experience, but I limit myself to buying shrooms on one server only and a couple times I have been gifted with shrooms to help out as well. I hope to find 1 or more epics on s3, but I may not.

The best way to think about buying shrooms is to think of it as a contribution to keeping the game fresh with new dungeons, epics or other features and events, and thanking the developers for building this game and maintaining the community. Most people probably dont buy shrooms (I havent any idea to be honest), but if you think the game is cool and fun, maybe you can buy just a few dollars/euros/whatever worth of shrooms and use them wisely. Perhaps that will be this weekend so you not only may upgrade to a griffin and more thirst, but hopefully your expense will also "pay off" with a fun epic or two in the shops.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gynx For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (12-23-2011), DeadMeat (12-24-2011), DominicS (12-24-2011), iTZKooPA (12-23-2011), Ziaxia (03-11-2012)
Old 12-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Community Manager

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Gynx pretty much has the truth of it. You can be competitive in the game and not break the bank. A latte's worth here, a taco's worth there and you'll be the top 1000 easy.

To answer her question: The average user is not a large user.

The events are designed to entice both types of players, as you may expect. Hardcore and casual users use a few more while the normally free user may break the bank and drop a few dollars.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Sheep

Awesome! I was planning on doing some epic hunting after the next sale, and this will make doing so even better! Maybe I can finally customize my epic gear to be a full set of the magician wear (Enchanting Hat of Amazement, The Magician's Dapper Tailcoat, The Show Magician's Posh Gloves, The Illusionist's Elegant Boots, and Belt Made of Pure Magic) plus The Guitar Hero's Murder Weapon, and then some nice epic relics (don't really want the demon set since 2 of the 3 are plus all attributes instead of primary stat, luck, and constitution).

Plus, with Christmas events going on in real life for me, using to skip quest for the day will be very welcomed.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackJet For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (12-27-2011)
Old 12-24-2011, 01:21 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Thanks

Thank you for the event. Time to splurge a few hundred