Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard

Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard (http://forum.sfgame.us/index.php)
-   Archive Game & Support (http://forum.sfgame.us/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How much would it cost for Playa Games to give us a better guild chat? (http://forum.sfgame.us/showthread.php?t=4825)

Bullbound 07-06-2012 08:00 PM

bobo, that is just a few of the suggestions they have accepted from the members. The whisper function to folks in other guilds, the catapult, the personal dungeons after the first 9, and a lot more. Changes to chat usually take a long time though as some of the testing has had things get really bad. Shortly after the whisper function came out, folks were getting repeat messages frequently. Now, you just get it once. :D

iTZKooPA 07-07-2012 08:18 AM

As pointed out, there have been a lot of features created or modified at the behest of the community. And there's the need to prioritize. What wasn't mentioned is that every community generates ideas, so Playa is getting a vast collection. While the best are usually thought of by multiple communities, it just means that this forum may not have thought of something that the German forum did and saw implemented.

Regardless of how good an idea may be, it also has to function well within the scope of the game's design. Like additional bag space, not all ideas will be implemented just because (Playa reduced the need for additional bag space instead by modifying the way potions work).

Punishment 07-07-2012 08:55 AM

I think problem in storing data is because of following mistakes in design time:
  • When someone donate an amount of golds its irrelevant to chat and shouldn't show in chat area, everyone knows that every days a lot of players clicks on donate button and storing that amount of useless information is really expensive. I really don't get it why when some one clicks on donate button chat system alarm it to everyone, its useless, even its impossible to track who donated how much gold today from chat dialog box, then its useless at all. Instead they can save donate information in a table that really have little size and store chat data for max 48 hours.
  • Even mail system need to revision, they can add some simple check boxes in option menu and write "If you wish to receive battle reports, clan wars report, etc..." check follow check boxes and store it for max 48 hours.

My opinion.

iTZKooPA 07-07-2012 12:12 PM

The gold and mushrooms notification is there for two reasons. First, GMs and Officers do not find it useless at all. According to anecdotal evidence, many keep even more detailed records of donations by using that information initially. Second, the system promotes a competition of sorts, getting people to donate a bit more. This is good for the guild (and Playa when it's mushrooms).

polopoloyuuu 07-07-2012 12:45 PM

Not the best argument Koopa, because the problem with using it internally is that it ALSO disappears after a few lines of text, meaning someone would have to be there recording constantly if you have an active guild.

Secondly, the donation tracking system is broken for larger numbers when it really matters. Look at the top guilds, many of their players have negative donations which isn't useful so much as embarrassing to the programmers.

bobo baggins 07-07-2012 01:52 PM

I kinda agree with Punishment and polopoloyuuu on this one.

Yes most guild do track what players donate but to be honest they don't track it in chat but by hovering over their name in the roster where it shows how much they have donated. As polopoloyuuu said you would have to have someone watching chat all the time to keep track that way.

But I can see one thing that I agree with Itzkoopa yes by showing what others are donating it makes it to where some will want to donate more then everyone else they see or at least those around the same level as themselves.

So here is 2 suggestions:

1) Fix the donation total bug when hovering over the players names seeing negative numbers has lead it to where I have been asked why my donations are showing negative gold so many times it has given me a headache.

2) We have 2 black bars running down both sides of the screen why not put the players names with how much gold/shrooms they donated that day and it resets itself at 00:00 server time each day and it put the names in order of highest to lowest gold donated.

@ Bullbound thanks for some other player recommended ideas as some that came into being were here before I started playing the game and to go thru all the suggestion threads and see which ones they used would take days

Punishment 07-07-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

2) We have 2 black bars running down both sides of the screen why not put the players names with how much gold/shrooms they donated that day and it resets itself at 00:00 server time each day and it put the names in order of highest to lowest gold donated.
Well, adding invite button into players profile or implementing showing this player used potion is not hard at all to implement and can be implemented within several minutes. Its important if they accept infrastructural changes upon players requests which need much more work to implement.

iTZKooPA 07-08-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polopoloyuuu (Post 44887)
Not the best argument Koopa, because the problem with using it internally is that it ALSO disappears after a few lines of text, meaning someone would have to be there recording constantly if you have an active guild.

Secondly, the donation tracking system is broken for larger numbers when it really matters. Look at the top guilds, many of their players have negative donations which isn't useful so much as embarrassing to the programmers.

I know that it's not an ideal system to record the data, but that's why it's presented there. As for it being broken, I've got nothing. It's something that I expect to be corrected in the future.

spiny norman 07-08-2012 08:20 PM

and yet, they waste lord knows how much server space storing the replays of up to 100 arena battles in case I wish to replay them several weeks later.

Morsus 08-01-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Even mail system need to revision, they can add some simple check boxes in option menu and write "If you wish to receive battle reports, clan wars report, etc..." check follow check boxes and store it for max 48 hours.
That sounds good..90% of players just check if they won or not and delete it..

Also
Quote:

I'm assuming that guild chat would improve automatically if it could store chat data for an entire month.
It does not have to be 1 month it could be like 10 days or something like that...2 weeks...or a week at least...
Or it's not bad idea to add IRC chat to website so every guild could create a room for themselves and chat in real time (would be fun)..