Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard

Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard (http://forum.sfgame.us/index.php)
-   Archive Game & Support (http://forum.sfgame.us/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Patch? Need more info (http://forum.sfgame.us/showthread.php?t=6225)

Jengas 08-30-2012 12:47 PM

New Patch? Need more info

I noticed that the guild page now opens up with the COA. Also, the option menu allows you to compare stats on items in the shop with the one you have on currently (with nice green plus and red minus numbers). Anything else in this new unnanounced "Patch" that we need to know about?

Bullbound 08-30-2012 01:03 PM

You missed the fact that the shop now no longer highlights the slot that an item goes to. Personally, I find the latest patch to be mostly useless.

Jengas 08-30-2012 01:13 PM

It's what I was afraid of. Just checking to make sure I'm not missing anything else about this.

Sersemina 08-30-2012 01:22 PM

I found the changes in another forum:
  • The coat of arms is set as default view if the guild bonuses are maximized
  • Mail bug showing wrong letters fixed
  • The new "compare items" feature (have to turn it on from the options first)
  • The toilet is supposed to glow after you drop an item inside (according to google translator), but I can't see that yet

What's more important, this is just a small part of the updates. There will be more changes soon, but the exact date is still unknown.

bobo baggins 08-30-2012 01:32 PM

Well I hope it is new playable content as I have seen nothing I can use normal and epic items are easy to compare as for weapons I can tell by looking at it if to close to call I either don't buy it or use a different compare tool that I can't think of the name atm but is mentioned in the forum.

Lord Arse 08-30-2012 01:37 PM

^ commas and full stops are our friends.

Pretty useless update so far. Hopefully, something good will follow.

Heck, what do I care anyway. Dropping all my armour as soon as I get to 300.

spiny norman 08-30-2012 04:08 PM

it seems to handle all attributes vs. top three epic comparisons particularly poorly. This is what I see:

Armor 510 +97
All attributes 212 +1060
Int - -250
Con - -250
Luck - -250

So to figure out what it is really doing to my top 3, which is what I really care about, I need to take 1060 and divide by 5 (212) and then compare to 250, which is much easier if it just lists "+212 to all" and "+250 to int/con/luck." Which is what you get if you turn it off.

Why not just list each attribute separately:

Armor 510 +97
Str 212 +212
Dex 212 +212
Int 212 -38
Con 212 -38
Luck 212 -38

jabroni 08-30-2012 06:44 PM

What genius decided to spend time and money on this change over other requests from the community. This company must hate money because they are throwing it away by not adding content...

mallen 08-30-2012 07:01 PM

Completely agree, Jab.
Hope the Devs didn't have any sleepless nights dreaming up this garbage.
COA showing up? ANNOYING!!!!!
Compare items? Useless, and more time consuming than doing it myself!

Apparently, they have nothing useful coming, or they wouldn't have wasted their time, and ours, on this junk

Jengas 08-30-2012 08:48 PM

Eh...for what it's worth, I was the one who suggested the COA be the default view, and I don't mind it since I rarely care for the guild upgrade numbers. With a maxed out guild, I know what these values are anyway. They change once every 2-3 months in our guild so they only serve minimal purpose here.

I just didn't see the point of having guild COA's if I don't see the one our guild designed. The whole point of allowing guild members to design and display their work is moot if they see some boring upgrade icons as the default. Plus, the amount of work needed to implement such a feature I assumed was minimal. And we all know how Playa doesn't want to work on major reconstructive projects. So I felt these were all valid reasons to suggest this as a possible feature, so I asked about it.

Granted, I didn't really intend for COA's to be a significant feature of a patch, but rather a minor addition to a big content patch. If what I've seen so far is all there is to this patch, and if one of these patch features (item value comparison) is actually more useless than not, then I do agree that it's rather a disappointing release.

spiny norman 08-30-2012 09:32 PM

there is still the magic mirror...

Jengas 08-30-2012 10:09 PM

magic mirror? what's that?

Wazzaap 08-31-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jengas (Post 46076)
magic mirror? what's that?

Basically its a mirror in toliet agants which u bang every day and among with toilet it glows.So pretty much soon in future your toilet is shines like on the cover of magazine.(well,kidding)
Noone knows its "Classified"
People speculate about it that u could change your apperance in it,if its true,after one day it will become boring.

bobo baggins 08-31-2012 03:58 AM

Ok I understand how some people would like to see the CoA as the default on the guild screen personally I could care less if I ever see it there should of been a button to set it as the default but instead we have no choice. Please put a button so we can decide which way we want to see on the guild screen.

Bullbound 08-31-2012 07:21 AM

Jengas, the only time that stat comparison is worth diddly or squat, is when you take gear that has only primary and/or constitution on it. With them no longer showing where things go on the character, new players are going to be clueless until they equip the item.

D0C 08-31-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobo baggins (Post 46082)
Ok I understand how some people would like to see the CoA as the default on the guild screen personally I could care less if I ever see it there should of been a button to set it as the default but instead we have no choice. Please put a button so we can decide which way we want to see on the guild screen.

Totally agree.

spiny norman 08-31-2012 05:47 PM

My hovering highlight is back on. except it highlights the wrong box. I hover over a necklace, it highlights the glove spot, I hover over a belt, it highlights the charm.

SPMcKinney 08-31-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiny norman (Post 46091)
My hovering highlight is back on. except it highlights the wrong box. I hover over a necklace, it highlights the glove spot, I hover over a belt, it highlights the charm.

It seems to be fixed now all my slots highlight correctly

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobo baggins (Post 46082)

Agree it really shoulda been out with the release of the CoAs

I actually really like the stat comparing *shrugs* guess I'm weird, maybe its I haven't been playing as long as most of you guys (or girls)

bobo baggins 09-01-2012 11:53 AM

I can say that they did 2 good things with the current patch.

1) When gold bank is full you can't donate.
2) We can now mail up to 4 ppl at the same time by putting a , in between the names. ( up to 65 characters at the moment hope they will increase both the number of ppl and the number of characters you can use at some point.

Leander 09-01-2012 01:33 PM

Here is some news on the upcoming update. Parts of it are already online but the main update is yet to be released.

Changes:

+ Guild coat of arms now shown by default (full upgrades needed)

+ Item comparison can be activated in the game options

+ Some bug fixes

+ Arcane Toilet glows after donation

+ You can no longer donate more gold than possible: if guild bank is full donations are not possible anymore.

More new features to be announced soon...

Refresh your browser to get the latest update: CTRL+F5 or CTRL+R in most browsers

http://www.abload.de/img/itemvergleich3ajpq.jpg

Ragorth the Vengeful 09-02-2012 05:25 AM

Leander please explain the following part:

citing KO771:
"- Verdientes Gold über 10 Millionen hinaus wird zum gewissen Teil "gespeichert" "

Gold earned over 10,000,000 is "saved" now to up to certain amount.
-> How does this work
-> How much is the certain amount

(Looking forward to the gold event I like to know if only 1 quest above 10 millions is saved or if I can sum up 20 million for example)

bobo baggins 09-02-2012 06:34 AM

It is a bad translation he is saying that you can't donate gold to the guild once it has 10 million gold.

Leander 09-02-2012 08:18 AM

Yes, Bobo is right. If a certain limit is reached donations aren't possible anymore.

iTZKooPA 09-02-2012 10:37 AM

The patch is just a precursor to the upcoming content patch that has the Magic Mirror feature. Playa is looking in to the highlighting issue.

Leander 09-02-2012 11:22 AM

Seems there is a fix now for box that highlights compared items. It worked for me by enabling the "compare items" feature in the game options and then disabling it again.

Afterwards, the everything was as before the update (no more comparison but with the highlight box).

Ragorth the Vengeful 09-03-2012 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragorth the Vengeful (Post 46100)
Leander please explain the following part:

citing KO771:
"- Verdientes Gold über 10 Millionen hinaus wird zum gewissen Teil "gespeichert" "

Gold earned over 10,000,000 is "saved" now to up to certain amount.
-> How does this work
-> How much is the certain amount

(Looking forward to the gold event I like to know if only 1 quest above 10 millions is saved or if I can sum up 20 million for example)

Ok based on a discussion in the german forum my interpretation was correct:

It is intended that a player can earn > 10,000,000 gold but only 10,000,000 are visible. if spending a sum, the remainder should add up to the full sum.

reported so far:
working for city guard on s1.sfgame.de
not working for questing on ingame.sfgame.de, cityguard not tested there yet
-------
may be more results tomorrow e.g if it is only intended to work for city guard, KO is getting back to the devs with the current reports

bobo baggins 09-03-2012 06:31 AM

that is interesting but if we are now going to be able to keep more then 10 million gold it would also be nice to have it show it as well

pgm1978 09-05-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobo baggins (Post 46128)
that is interesting but if we are now going to be able to keep more then 10 million gold it would also be nice to have it show it as well

Why can't this be written in?

polopoloyuuu 09-05-2012 01:36 PM

not enough data storage to handle all the coins. playa uses a storage algorithm where they keep a 1mb picture of a gold coin for each that you have, so it uses a lot of space.

Lord Arse 09-05-2012 03:09 PM

LMAO!

spiny norman 09-05-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polopoloyuuu (Post 46177)
not enough data storage to handle all the coins. playa uses a storage algorithm where they keep a 1mb picture of a gold coin for each that you have, so it uses a lot of space.

And all this time I thought I had real gold in my my account. False advertising, if you ask me. How do I get my money back?

Arturu 10-06-2012 06:09 PM

Coming back to the topic.

There was a lot of talking about content patch and a bit of speculation.
Especially Ragoth came with quite some interesting info spread here and there.

But today it kinda hit me - what if there really won't be any actual late game content patch at all? Not now and not in the future.

I mean the game has it's limits, and extending them is simply insanely hard.
Even the toilet was just a day-to-day addition.

Maybe this is as far as this game goes.
All those hardcore players who want can just race one another on the climb to 400 peak, and the rest can restart at a new server.
And maybe all we can actually hope for are small additions to existing gameplay experience.

Just a thought.

spiny norman 10-07-2012 09:39 AM

or just find something else to do with our time and money. If you ask me whether I expect to still be playing this game 10 years from now, the answer is "no". 5 years? Highly unlikely. 2 years? They'd need to come up with some non-trivial content patches.

GeorgeKen 10-08-2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiny norman (Post 46679)
or just find something else to do with our time and money. If you ask me whether I expect to still be playing this game 10 years from now, the answer is "no". 5 years? Highly unlikely. 2 years? They'd need to come up with some non-trivial content patches.

2 years...? mate, if they don't include something SERIOUS in this patch, half the player base will stop playing the next day, let alone 2 years... this patch is Playa's last chance for something good before the servers are left with a few hundred active players....

Ragorth the Vengeful 10-08-2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

MeyLee

Wann gehts denn nun eigentlich weiter mit dem Update bzw. wann werden die bereits ausgeschriebenen Features zur Verfügung stehen? Zeitnah wie versprochen ist das ja nun leider nicht mehr ganz.
A question from a ingame player since 2009, some hours ago in the german board (still unanswered from the officials):
translation:
When the update process finaly continues or when will the already be known features (like my mentioned 10 million limit) be available in the game ?
>> Note I mentioned KO is getting back to the devs with it and since no update.
Sadly timely (zeitnah ?) as promised it is not really any longer.

Here we got
Quote:

Shakes & Fidget - The Game
September 19 via Twitter
There's so much juicy stuff coming in S&F in the near future - weeks not months - that I can barely contain myself. #sfgame
Today it is going to be day 20, or nearly 0.66 months - hopefully koopa is right and we get something within the next 7 days :welldone:, I love some information prior to talk about the impact (good or bad), we'll see ...

latest news from germany:

there was a meeting today in Hamburg, not even KO got all information in his hands but says: more infos this month are likely, also the closed* beta lasting 1-2 weeks depending on the amount of bugs, only may be a release this month.

http://forum.sfgame.de/showpost.php?...0&postcount=35
http://forum.sfgame.de/showpost.php?...6&postcount=37
(per ~ 08:30 am pst, 10/08/2012)
link content might change without notice, e.g. editing of KO.

*traditional: only staffs

iTZKooPA 10-08-2012 12:58 PM

Feel free to paraphrase the information.

bobo baggins 10-08-2012 02:26 PM

I just went to the German forum and checked out the posts. KO771 pretty much says we should get the update this month that it is going into beta testing soon and depending on the bugs should be ready in about 1-2 weeks.

spiny norman 10-08-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeKen (Post 46680)
2 years...? mate, if they don't include something SERIOUS in this patch, half the player base will stop playing the next day, let alone 2 years... this patch is Playa's last chance for something good before the servers are left with a few hundred active players....

Yeah, but I've only been playing since May. If I had been here since the beginning, I'd agree. That's where I am with soccerstar: I've been playing for 1 yr 8 months, and the charm has definitely worn off.

BMWGuinness 10-11-2012 06:34 AM

So where is this "big update"? Its been almost a month since the announcement!

Pray Tell

polopoloyuuu 10-11-2012 08:08 AM

I want an update nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!