Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard

Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard (http://forum.sfgame.us/index.php)
-   Archive Game & Support (http://forum.sfgame.us/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Scouts damage got down..? Warriors own the game? (http://forum.sfgame.us/showthread.php?t=2044)

Darius 08-30-2010 05:16 AM

Scouts damage got down..? Warriors own the game?
 
I don't know, but my damage is much higher than my friend warrior. By the way, I am scout.

And in fight he hits about 0,5 more damage than I and he gots tons more hitpoints, but our constitution is very similiar.

Did admins lowered scouts damage and increased it for warriors?!!

Bullbound 08-30-2010 06:20 AM

Check the range of damage you can do, compared to your friend's warrior. Is it possible that you hit the lower end of your range while he hit the higher end of his damage? That has been known to happen for all.

Mischief 08-30-2010 07:02 AM

Also do remember if you both have max armour he will reduce yours by 50% whereas you will only reduce his by 25%. This being mitigated by your greater chance to evade than his to block.

Also, make sure you compare his dex to your str as these will will help in reducing damage.

LabRat 08-30-2010 07:05 AM

Also, his multiplicator for calculating hit points is 5, while yours is 4. Depending on your levels and actual difference in Con, this can make for a huge difference.

Darius 08-31-2010 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullbound (Post 16195)
Check the range of damage you can do, compared to your friend's warrior. Is it possible that you hit the lower end of your range while he hit the higher end of his damage? That has been known to happen for all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mischief (Post 16197)
Also do remember if you both have max armour he will reduce yours by 50% whereas you will only reduce his by 25%. This being mitigated by your greater chance to evade than his to block.

Also, make sure you compare his dex to your str as these will will help in reducing damage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 16198)
Also, his multiplicator for calculating hit points is 5, while yours is 4. Depending on your levels and actual difference in Con, this can make for a huge difference.

My damage is 11 000 - 14 000
His damage is 7 000 - 10 000

His strength is 950, dexterity 200. (he's warrior)
Mine strength is 210, dexterity 1053.(i'm scout)

And I am not weak. My armour is 22%. I'm level 53, cleared 27 dungeons.
He cleared 26.

LabRat 08-31-2010 03:52 AM

What is your friends armour?

Let's assume he has maximum armour for a warrior, which is 50%. Then the damage you can do to him would not be 11000-14000, but 6500-7000.
Likewise, with your 22% of armour his damage range would change from 5500-7800. So your damage ranges overlap more than you think.

In an actual fight, it's a little more complicated as not all precise factors are known, so those numbers are very rough estimates.

Another thought: Does he use potions (or did he in the fight you mentioned?)? This can greatly effect damage when he uses (a) strength potions (increasing his own damage) or (b) dexterity potions (lowering your damage).

Darius 08-31-2010 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 16313)
What is your friends armour?

Let's assume he has maximum armour for a warrior, which is 50%. Then the damage you can do to him would not be 11000-14000, but 6500-7000.
Likewise, with your 22% of armour his damage range would change from 5500-7800. So your damage ranges overlap more than you think.

In an actual fight, it's a little more complicated as not all precise factors are known, so those numbers are very rough estimates.

Another thought: Does he use potions (or did he in the fight you mentioned?)? This can greatly effect damage when he uses (a) strength potions (increasing his own damage) or (b) dexterity potions (lowering your damage).

Ok thx.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by 'Playa Games GmbH'