Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 09-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Truffle Shuffler

I was wondering if you guys can restrict it so one person can't attack the same person more than once say every 24-48 hours.

User xDarkstarx has griefed me 6 times in the past 3 hours. I have not attacked him ever in the past so this is entirely unwarranted.

Make that 7. Mods if this is the wrong section, please move it to the right one.

Edit: 9 now

Last edited by Bullbound; 09-25-2010 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Please use edit instead of posting multiple times in a row
Old 09-26-2010, 02:21 AM
Adventurer

Just as a note, in this game it's not really considered griefing unless they've used mushrooms to attack you (more than one attack per 10-minute period). Once every half hour, it's entirely possible that he just keeps rolling your name in the Arena.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dweomer For This Useful Post:
Beanhead III (09-27-2010)
Old 09-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Adventurer

When you say griefing, do you mean attacking you once, or filling your inbox? You're haven't really been specific.

Last edited by Darstard; 09-26-2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Added ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Darstard For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darstard View Post
When you say griefing, do you mean attacking you once, or filling your inbox? You're haven't really been specific.
I mean attacking 9 times in a 3 hour period (and once every 10-20 minutes) with no provocation. The guy was sitting there griefing me (and I assume other players) to push up his honor ranking since he didn't stop after me - although maybe seeing posts about him in the forum made him stop at 9. If you're going to farm, at least be polite and vary it up so that you aren't interfering with people's game. Just farming the same people because you can is very poor behavior.

And watch out if you ever complain about anything like this. They throw out infractions like butter if you say anything negative about the service.

Last edited by newuser; 09-26-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Supreme Adventurer

newuser, what you are talking about is not considered griefing. You can fight anyone you want, for free, every 10 minutes. 9 times in a 3 hour period is only once every 20 minutes. The arena is a part of the game and is a major part of the game. If you look at your possible medals on the character profile page, there are 2 related to the arena. Additionally, there is a lot that can be done to keep someone from "interferring" with your game play. If you are going to play for 3 hours, you are using a minimum of 180 Thirst and should be able to spend a good amount of your gold and silver on your character's stats. With a limitation of 10% gold loss, not to exceed the lowest level in the fight, there isn't all that much gold to be lost. You can easily make it back with Guard Duty, too. If you are complaining because your honor is getting lowered, welcome to the arena. That is the entire purpose of the arena. You attack other players within 950 honor of you, in order to increase your honor rating and lower theirs.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Actually 9 times in 3 hours can mean a lot of things. Like attacking repeatedly every 10 minutes, taking a break and then doing again after an interlude.

Also, call it whatever you want but every other game I've played calls it griefing and so will I. If you decide to call tuna fish chicken, everyone else will still call it tuna fish.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:47 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Send a message via Yahoo to Beanhead III

Newuser, If you truely think this is a grieving, wait till you actually get grieved! And from lessons learned, as someone posts a section here in the forum with a "Grieving complaint" like this one, you make your self become a big target target as you have just advertised your weak spot to everyone else! Hopefully no one will do that! Then again, similar to what Bullbound tried his best to explain to you, That within 3 hours, you have 18 acceptable gameplay arena battle chances, that gives anyone the right to attack an individual every 10 minutes in a correct manner according to the Arena time count down timer, that an individual could have attacked you legitimately 18 times! Be lucky he only used half on you. And this is how WE play the game! Please re-read Bullbound's, (A highly experienced player & our wonderful Administrator) comment again, but please read it again carefully & thouroughly!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
newuser, what you are talking about is not considered griefing. You can fight anyone you want, for free, every 10 minutes. 9 times in a 3 hour period is only once every 20 minutes. The arena is a part of the game and is a major part of the game. If you look at your possible medals on the character profile page, there are 2 related to the arena. Additionally, there is a lot that can be done to keep someone from "interferring" with your game play. If you are going to play for 3 hours, you are using a minimum of 180 Thirst and should be able to spend a good amount of your gold and silver on your character's stats. With a limitation of 10% gold loss, not to exceed the lowest level in the fight, there isn't all that much gold to be lost. You can easily make it back with Guard Duty, too. If you are complaining because your honor is getting lowered, welcome to the arena. That is the entire purpose of the arena. You attack other players within 950 honor of you, in order to increase your honor rating and lower theirs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beanhead III For This Useful Post:
moreum (09-27-2010)
Old 09-27-2010, 09:14 PM
Sheep

um... dial

1-800-suxforu?

I get spam attacked all the time. When I didn't have a guild I concentrated on raising my levels so I could take my opponent. So far I have out paced every spam attacker that hit me. Recently there was a lvl 94 thats been hounding me since mid 60's. He attacked me today and died.

This is a competitive game.. if you want to win. you are going to have to do some work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamwraith For This Useful Post:
moreum (09-28-2010)