Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like that new feature?
Yes, I do 21 46.67%
No, it is really bad 13 28.89%
yes, but it should be up for a shorter period 8 17.78%
Don't care, I don't buy beers 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Truffle Shuffler

On both my characters (one one server 4 that shrooms, and one one server 6 that doesn't shroom) I have seen several mushrooms since Octoberfest started. Just may be a string of bad luck. I have seen long runs without getting any on my non-shroomer, but then I will get 3 out of one day after a dry spell.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Community Manager

The chance to find a mushroom during quests is the same so it hasn't changed since Octoberfest.

As usual, slower mounts have a higher chance of finding a mushroom while the fast ones, especially the Griffin Dragon, have a lower one.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 09-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
The chance to find a mushroom during quests is the same so it hasn't changed since Octoberfest.

As usual, slower mounts have a higher chance of finding a mushroom while the fast ones, especially the Griffin Dragon, have a lower one.
This is confusing to me, can you show me the appropriate link that discusses slower mounts having higher chances of finding mushrooms and faster mounts having a lower chance? I'd like to find out more about this.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Ksana

Quote:
PlayaGames has become nothing more than money hungry and finds even more ways to increase their revenue.
I'm not so sure. Let's do some math:

Quest skipping costs: 300 min/5 min (average q length with 50% mount)= 60 shrooms. Shrooms to buy 200 thirst - 10. Total 70 shrooms per day per player.

Let's assume that those shroomers who don't skip can do as much as 900 per day (that's 15 hours !!!). 800 extra thirst cost 40 shrooms, 10 of which are normal daily expense for a shroomer. So, a dedicated player would spend additional 30 shrooms per day for thirst as a maximum(not everyone would go for 900 thirst ).

So, PlayaGames looses players who spend 70 shrooms per day (those who have no time to quest without skipping), to get extra 30 shrooms from those who have time (I'd rather say 20, cause 700 per day sounds more realistic).

Playa would gain only if number of those who don't skip is 2.5-3 times more than those who skip. So, we can't be sure they get more money from current shroomers base.

However, I don't argue the extra advantage shroomers get over non-shroomers. So maybe the aim was to convert non-shroomers to shroomers.

Last edited by Ksana; 09-20-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
This is confusing to me, can you show me the appropriate link that discusses slower mounts having higher chances of finding mushrooms and faster mounts having a lower chance? I'd like to find out more about this.
http://forum.sfgame.us/showthread.ph...ighlight=mount

Old 09-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Talking *Sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanhead III View Post
PlayaGames has become nothing more than money hungry and finds even more ways to increase their revenue. They do not really care much about the true schamntics of the game anymore unless it can benefit their pocket in return, this said...I believe this is why our S&F community is hurting as we seem to loosing our dedicated and loyal players.

This was an attempt IMO to get Playa's pockets lined once again.
Ok constantly in the forum I see this remark or similar remarks like this.

So let me ask this: How many players out there are willing to go to work for free. No, better still, how many people can live and have a quality life without money?

People keep bemoaning the developers for coming up with ways to increase the amount of mushroom sales. Why? It's their way of keeping saleries going for the developers and anyone else on the payroll. If the developers do not get paid then they will go away (which means no bug fixes and no more development of the game).

This is a game you can play for free and yes if you want a certain edge/advantage you will need to buy mushrooms. But you do not have to buy them.

In any game or sports the best of the best has an advantage. In all PvP, MMORPG, games to have an advantage you have to buy something (i.e. mushrooms, items, weaapons, and etc).

I am sure that most of you play other games besides this one. If you find a game that has no costs to gain an advantage, please PM me the name of that game.

However if it does exists (and games in Beta version do not count for this point) I bet you in a year's time one or two things will happen:

1) The game or company will become non-existent (because they could not pay their staff).

2) They will start charging for something (i.e. membership fee, stronger items/weapons, and etc).

3) Or you will get see a whole lot of advertising of some sort to offset costs.

So I ask again HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL WORK AT THEIR JOB FOR FREE? (btw not shouting just emphasising my point.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdiggity View Post
On both my characters (one one server 4 that shrooms, and one one server 6 that doesn't shroom) I have seen several mushrooms since Octoberfest started. Just may be a string of bad luck. I have seen long runs without getting any on my non-shroomer, but then I will get 3 out of one day after a dry spell.
Hang in there slickdiggity. It is just a dryspell. I have played this game now for 3 months and I was getting mushrooms almost daily and sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. In the last 2 weeks I have hardly seen any in fact I received some for the 1st time in this 2 week period today!

Last edited by Lady Java; 09-20-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Grammer
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lady Java For This Useful Post:
Bullbound (09-20-2011), Leander (09-20-2011), mxkrtg (09-21-2011)
Old 09-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Community Manager

Thanks for your post, Lady Lava. Of course shroomers do have an advantage over non-shroomers but it has to be like that. Otherwise there would be no need and sense to buy mushrooms.

And the difference between many other online games and our games is that all features can be used and everything can be done completely free of charge. The content of other games is often restricted or limited in some way.
Playing our games without buying mushrooms or stars takes longer for your character to develop but it is possible. Yes, certain upgrades and items do cost mushrooms but you can find them during quests so everything is possible without buying mushrooms at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Lady Java (09-20-2011)
Old 09-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Truffle Shuffler

You people need to stop complaining. It is what it is..They made the ocktoberfest for two weeks. Complaining about it wont change a thing.

Another point. If you dont have money to spend on shrooms.. get a job or one that pays well. It's your fault for having a poor job or being too lazy to find work.....agian.. complaining about it and expecting handouts won't help anyone, especially yourself.

I have said my peace.

With love-

_DH-

Last edited by Bullbound; 09-20-2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: fixed inappropriate word use
Old 09-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Blacksmith

Hey, DH, careful now - any more loving like that from you might cripple or scar them for life.

You're all missing a very important point - you too, Lady Java - which is this:

to be able to play this game free of charge
at the very same level, and with the exact same results, same speed of advancement
as those who are willing to support it financially,
is an inalienable right,
and an expression of our democratic principles.

No. More than that.

It is an essential human right, part of all human rights charters.

It has been so since time immemorial.
Since the dawn of human civilisation.

(This message brought to you from an 'altiverse,'
the existence of which is wholly fabricated by te 'author' of present post.)

So now you see the error of your wicked ways of thinking?
That's why all this righteous clamouring for equality and justice for all.
That is the higher truth you're missing.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Default Overdose

ToscanToss, me thinks you ate one to many shrooms! But thanks for the laugh.