Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 11-16-2014, 09:11 PM
Truffle Shuffler

but hitting max armor is already really easy. Most players can get their armor to 50+ lvls higher than their own
Old 01-03-2015, 08:16 PM
Blacksmith

I think this is the best possible news for this game.

First from economical point of view

By now Playa approach to this game and gaming in general was simply bad.
They have been creating SF clones left and right. In normal products this makes sense.
Example: in most countries there are only few beer producers but they all have a wide variety of products. There simply is a place for a new beer every now and then (some people just like new) and companies create them rather then letting a new player get on the market.

HOWEVER with games that require long time commitment this is a terrible strategy! They live mostly out of this game. And it's economically proven that clones will always make at least 50% less then original. They need to frequently update this game and keep it fresh.
That's general rule for MMO's and this game is kinda like an MMO.

and back to the game itself
Graphics are one thing, but the game engine needs to be upgraded. I have a feeling that it's the biggest limitation right now.
Do you remember how long it took for them to increase gold limit?

The game requires new and easier to modify engine. Updated graphics are good. They should possibly add new animations (as an option) and make the game compatible with wider screens (4:3 is a thing of the past).

But most importantly they need to update guild, character and main screens so that new things could be added!

So as I pointed out from the start - great that major changes are coming, because this game desperately needs them.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:38 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Hopefully the new update will keep my interest for more than a month.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:20 AM
Crusader

That's why they should spend more time on the engine and features and less on the graphics.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:50 AM

Well from my understanding and I can be wrong so please forgive any errors in advance.

My understanding Flash is very limiting in what they can do what those limits are I don't know. But html5 should help with some if not most of those limits they have with flash.

That being said the first part will be to revamp what we currently have which will in part give better graphics. hopefully it will also fix some of the cross scripting or what ever you want to call it. especailly with the videos.

I had 1 day where all my shrooms that I should have received on s10 went to s9. thankfully it was only 1 day or would have reported it. biggest issue with the videos currently when playing more then one server is that if u watch certain ones on 1 server it thinks u have watched it on all server u login on.

All that being said they did say we would get the revamp first then some new content soon afterwards. the term soon afterwards is different to different ppl and when it comes to programing and programmers soon afterward tends to take longer then most of us expect. I would think if things go good we might see the new content by end of spring at worst by fall.

Lol yes I know I said a lot and not given any new info but I do hope I helped some ppl understand why they are doing things the way they are and that everyone has patience with the developers while they do all this major work in hopes of giving us a better product in the long run.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 03-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post

I had 1 day where all my shrooms that I should have received on s10 went to s9.
Some might see this as a bug, others a feature.

My brother and I sometimes play on the same machine and if I open a browser tab without closing his I have occasionally had the same problem. If someone could figure out how to do this consistently they could potentially exploit it: set up a dummy account and send the mushrooms to their primary account. I doubt that this would be Playa's top priority to fix since they are the ones that get the money when we watch ads.