Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 07-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Send a message via Yahoo to Beanhead III
Post Weapon & Magic shop "new Item" button

I've searched many a several thread, but could not find where anyone brought up about why the "New Item 1" button couldn't also have a "New Item XX" button for those that do not buy mushrooms.

I have recently bought some , yet before I did, I could not afford to waste my mushrooms to skip Shake's or Fidget's inventory until I found items which complimented other items I had while I worked on my stats.

I believe there should be a second option button to change up the inventory in these two shops for those that do not buy s! I went two weeks straight doing over 40 quests or more before I finally got my next . While I had no mushrooms, my equipment really bogged me down and even in the dungeon, it kept telling me I needed to upgrade my armor, yet ALL my quest drops never gave me the right item or the dex or int I was looking for to battle against mages or Rangers! Even after I cranked up my character's dex & Int, they were still simply walking all over me .

Adding a second option button in these two shops would be fair to non-mushroom buyers, yet still the cost to "Skip" to the next inventory could either be say 25 or even figured into a formula vs. character's level!
And since Mushrooms are rare to get in game, the new button should & would come with a hefty price tag to equalize the buying power of the all mighty !

What do you think??? I'd like to hear everyone's input!

Last edited by Beanhead III; 07-19-2010 at 01:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beanhead III For This Useful Post:
luedriver (07-31-2010)
Old 07-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Adventurer

I actually sort of support this idea, but I think the gold cost should be somewhat astronomical, you know, to actually make it hard to abuse and making that shroom all the more useful.

The reason implementation is unlikely is because shrooms = revenue for the game's business. If it were implemented, gold would really have to impugn on purchasing power.

I support this idea mostly because it provides a sink for game gold somewhere other than stats and items. If the price is high enough, it encourages players that really want to flip pages to store more gold and be better farms for the rest of us. Also, it allows players that rely on equipment for edge to trade-off long-term benefit from permanent stats moreso than they even do now, adding to the distance between planners vs. spanners in the game.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Send a message via Yahoo to Beanhead III

Quote:
Original from Beanhead III:
"...And since Mushrooms are rare to get in game, the new button should & would come with a hefty price tag to equalize the buying power of the all mighty !"
I agree with you there as I mentioned it to Bulbound whom says:

Quote:
Message sent from Bullbound:
"There is a Suggestions forum. Also, there have to be benefits for buying mushrooms, or no one would ever want to buy them. Getting new items in the shop is one of them. "
"The reason implementation is unlikely is because shrooms = revenue for the game's business. If it were implemented, gold would really have to impugn on purchasing power."
That is why I believe the "New Item XX" button needs to be, as you put...Astronomical! Mushrooms ultimately are the source of funding for the game! so we agree that =Continued gaming!

I believe that since increases per level, so should the cost on the "New Item XX" button! Making it more challenging, yet still opening up a new small option for what I would consider an increased positive gaming experience! I myself would be more inclined to use mainly to browse the inventory unless I was low on them, yet, I could't spend all my either, to flip through inventory pages because I would need to keep some of it to purchase the "special Item" I was looking for!

And here's a twist on the same Idea, but different concept: Keep the one button as it is, yet lets say; since we browsed pages 1-3 of the weapon shop inventory, there should be a back button to go back to the pages we already paid to see! And maybe even use it as a "back" button.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beanhead III For This Useful Post:
luedriver (07-31-2010)
Old 07-28-2010, 07:42 AM
Truffle Shuffler

yeah i think that would be good make the amount of gold needed your level time x amount so like your level 20-25 make exchange 100 or 200 because yeah the person has to hurt a bit or else no one would buy shrooms lol.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Adventurer

You could use gold to view pages you already used mushrooms to see.
After you spend a mushroom a new button would come up with a gold ammount on it to go back, then if you do go back it's just gold to go forward again.
This way you're spending mushrooms to see new stuff but with the luxery of being able to compare stuff on different pages.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:17 AM
Truffle Shuffler

also no one mentioned if it was even worth spending the mushroom in the first place...

most of the times I see nothing that will help me (the equipment I already have has more stats), so I always wonder is it worth it?

if not...
Old 07-31-2010, 07:37 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Many higher level players feel that new items in the magic shop are worth it, as they are trying to find another potion(s). At lower levels, if you are fortunate enough to gain 3-5 levels in a day, the gear in both shops can change quite a bit.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:00 AM
Adventurer

Quick strategy on shop-page flipping:

First, don't flip a shop page until after you've leveled up. Higher levels mean better potions and better loot tables.

Second, flip shop pages as early in the day as possible. This gives you a chance to City Guard and Tavern Quest and Dungeon Dive the gold you need should a good PoEL or epic pop up. Never flip a shop page when you are broke, 3 minutes before reset.

Third, flipping shop pages is useful, but how useful depends on your risk tolerance, just like investing for your retirement fund. Figure out a set number of you are willing to spend on flipping shop pages at any given level and for goodness sakes, stick to that budget. If you are seeing one shop page per day for free at reset, you will get that much benefit. If you are seeing 5 shop pages per day for 50c, you will get THAT much benefit. If you keep flipping shop pages until the cows come home, you will be disappointed and run out of mushrooms eventually, and all while looking for gear/potions that are likely to become obsolete tomorrow after you level up.

I can't stress enough the importance of understanding how restraint is important when gambling in the long term. The shop pages, like the tavern cup monster, is a gamble. Know that the house always wins and you should have a stopping point. Remember that this is a game, and you will lose most of the time.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:35 AM
Truffle Shuffler

I havent used the new goods 1 yet...

and mostly the items that are there are usually worth less than the items I already have equipped...

which brings me back to the question: if I DO use a will there actually be items that are better than the ones that I have and what is the stats on the items based on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDude2 View Post
Remember that this is a game, and you will lose most of the time.
You must be referring to the "Arena" where it systematically chooses the opponents that you are most likely to lose with...

Last edited by Bullbound; 08-04-2010 at 08:55 AM. Reason: use the edit button instead of double posting
Old 08-04-2010, 08:57 AM
Supreme Adventurer

No, there is no gurantee that the items will be better and the stats for each item are predetermined (the same item name will always give a boost to the same stat(s)) while the bonus is based on your level and will randomly fall within a preset range.