Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 07-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Default How can you win?

How can you win if archers' evade 80% - 90% of your attacks? It doesn't make any sense. No wonder the top players are archers.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by victhebaby View Post
How can you win if archers' evade 80% - 90% of your attacks? It doesn't make any sense. No wonder the top players are archers.
A few months ago someone cried over the same thing, but then against mages. "Mages cant be blocked. No wonder all top 10 are mages" It didnt last long to. Uou have to find your weakness, and defend that spot.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Blacksmith

Send a message via Skype™ to moreum

seriously I can say the same thing about warriors as well since they are Achilles heel for mages. All you have to do is try to balance your stats with equipment and figure out the best defense and attack against all classes.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Send a message via Yahoo to Beanhead III

Victhebaby,
I feel the same way, yet, like moreum said, I build up my weakness and I do better, then I find I built it too good against the rangers and start loosing to the mages. So I build that weakness up and I start loosing to the Warrior class! Then I'll go out and do something stupid and find a real nice epic item and equip it on my character and screw it all up
THEN I HAVE TO START ALL OVER!
Ya know what I call that? "the Game: SHAKES & FIDGET!!! And I enjoy it!!!

Last edited by Beanhead III; 07-20-2010 at 06:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beanhead III For This Useful Post:
moreum (07-20-2010)
Old 07-20-2010, 08:15 PM
Supreme Adventurer

And the archers only dodge a total of 50% of the time. If they are evading you 80-90% of the time, get ready for a reversal of that and hitting them a ton.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Adventurer

Addressing why archers get to be on top much of the time:

Given a sufficient number of attempts, they will eventually come out on top because with persistent spamming, they effectively gain the "infinite monkeys on infinite typewriters" likelihood of victory, with greater variance than the rest of us. It's equally likely that a mage or warrior can keep bashing them until THEY are on top, but the risk of losing an already relatively high standing tends to be a bother to upper end players while low enough scouts have nothing to lose attacking the highest of heights.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:53 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDude2 View Post
Addressing why archers get to be on top much of the time:

Given a sufficient number of attempts, they will eventually come out on top because with persistent spamming, they effectively gain the "infinite monkeys on infinite typewriters" likelihood of victory, with greater variance than the rest of us. It's equally likely that a mage or warrior can keep bashing them until THEY are on top, but the risk of losing an already relatively high standing tends to be a bother to upper end players while low enough scouts have nothing to lose attacking the highest of heights.
ehhh what???
Old 07-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

I think he's trying to say that it's a never ending cycle. The top players will only be the top for so long, because they'll stop attacking (as much), which will allow lower players to eventually gain an upper leg and beat them. Then the cycle would just repeat.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Adventurer

He's also including that on the defensive side, scouts have the biggest variance. If they 'evade' well during combat, they can handle much more powerful opponents. If they evade AND Crit well, they're nigh unstoppable. Given enough tries, they will do both against a given opponent and likely win. This gives scouts a greater change to attack higher up the ladder than other classes.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Sheep

As a scout I have to say it really varies.

Mages still scare the begeezus out of me because I can't dodge them and some hit for a lot.

I've had battles with warriors where they block every single one of my strikes and I stand there like a meatsack.

It also depends what level you are. The higher you level the more your benefit increases. For warriors you really start seeing the excellent HP buffer you get. For mages the weapons really start pumping out damage but you need to keep your con up.

But if you look at the top there is a mix. The top player right now just so happens to be a scout, but a lot of the top players belong to the same guild and maybe they just don't attack each other.