Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 3 > Guild Introduction & Recruitment

Notices

Guild Introduction & Recruitment Introduce your guild and recruit new members!

Old 01-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Supreme Adventurer

mallen, I'll send you the info since you asked. The now former officer joined Valhalla after refusing offers from several guilds. I have no problem PMing you the info since you don't want to read this thread any more. Also, let me repeat, I'm not accusing anyone of doing anything improper or unacceptable. I think I have said it about 4 or 5 times now. Holding Bay doesn't hold grudges but just has fun. Folks come and go, but if folks are looking for a place to help them out, we're here.

Edit: Looking through the HoF, they aren't in your guild at this time, but in Valhalla.

Last edited by Bullbound; 01-26-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: added current guild info
Old 01-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Adventurer

You two zombunnies need to quit your whining and kiss and make up already.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:01 AM
Mushroom Collector

Hi I can't help but comment after reading this. Btw I'm Estella on s3 and I'm an officer in Valhalla.

Bullbound I can't recall anyone from your guild joining us in the past 2-3 weeks. The last person from your guild to join us was Faavre and that was a loong time ago (sometime in December). We did ask him to join us but he made the decision to join on his own as he wanted to remain competitive. Our 2 newest additions were not from Holding Bay. One was from Fathom and the other was from Greedy Pigs II and they mailed Elrond to ask to join. If you're talking about Dr Hell, he never intended to stay with Holding Bay forever, he's more on a mission to help out other guilds once in a while, but ultimately he has decided to stay with us. So I am at a loss at what you're talking about.

I would also like to clear up another thing. Valhalla has never bribed any player to join us. We simply tell them the facts about our guild and our guild environment. Players who decide to join us do so because they do want that kind of guild environment. {edited coz Bullbound told me we are not allowed to say good stuff about our guild}

{edited out as it is considered promoting guild}

In the event that we do mail players from other guilds, it is not because of the guild they are in, but more because they are active, strong players who are shroomers. So this is not something exclusive to your guild. More than 90% of the shroomers in s3 have been messaged by Valhalla. The ones who are interested then join us out of their own free will. We have never bribed or threatened players to join us.

Just thought I need to clear that up. Thanks.

Last edited by EvilShade; 01-27-2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Bullbound said can't highlight guild virtues in this post
Old 01-27-2011, 06:25 AM
Blacksmith

Estella. I'm still on my mission. I'm just strengthening up and will be in izzone tomorrow to help with get their bonuses up
Old 01-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Something I Appreciated

Just to add my 2 cents on something I appreciated about what you said. I have a strong anti-poaching philosophy, so when I was interested in asking one of your members to join I discussed it with you first, and actually I only asked him if he wanted to do some dungeons with us. Membership came later. And you quite fairly pointed out that I did mail you first, and I appreciated that. I also tried to recruit you personally for a guild merge early on xD

You also held a friend of mine, sporkley, in the holding bay for a while until we could make space for him and I appreciated that as well. We were happy to loan you a strong Valhallan, Dr Hell, to work with you on strengthening your guild, and we look forward to good relations and perhaps meeting you in the field of battle someday?

Our guilds are different, and yours does a fine job. Poaching is a sensitive issue: bribing, over the top efforts to "convince" people to move, etc... That your comments may have struck a nerve. I for one do not feel that you accused me of anything because of how you said what you said.

Regards,

Elrond
Old 01-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Blacksmith

I wouldn't called it a loan seeing as you or anyone in guild had any choice in matter. It was mine and mine alone to make and i followed it thru.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Supreme Adventurer

EvilShade, please see what Elrond posted. As for the comment about bribes, the approach is often not what is said, but how it is said. Bribes can be anything from, "come join us and X won't attack you ever again," to "join us and become an officer," to "we share recipes and you could get the tastiest chocolate cake recipe that is gluten and sugar free."

While no one has joined you recently, there was and still is the occasional message to a member of Holding Bay. I consider it quite a compliment that folks think so highly of members of Holding Bay. As I've said to Elrond in the past, and will continue to say, I don't view it as poaching when part of Holding Bay's approach to the game is "come and go as you please." I find it promotes a lot more socializing and getting to know other players. Folks join for a bit, they try another guild, they come back if it doesn't fit, and mix and repeat. If they find a place to stay, that is fine with me as they found somewhere and some people they enjoy the game with.

Every guild, hopefully, has sociable folks, and the bigger the guild, the more folks there are to talk with. At this point in time, Holding Bay has folks that play almost around the clock. I can log on at any time, and have stayed on for 20 hours at one point, only to find someone else on at all the hours I was awake.

Yes, the fact that we won't send an invite to someone in a guild may be discouraging, but it actually has nothing to do with "poaching." It is because for a stretch of time, my officers and myself were receiving requests from members in guilds to join us, and then they would not accept for days to 2 weeks (in one case), without informing us they were not going to switch over. With a waiting list of 8+ almost non-stop since the guild began until just recently, we couldn't keep tying up the invitations when others desired them and were willing to join.

Dr Hell's arrival was very much unexpected, and greatly appreciated that he chose to join us first for his merry little romp through the guilds, helping folks along. Hopefully, he had fun and even when there were disagreements and confusion, wasn't offended. It is all a part of trying to talk with text where there isn't any indication of tone and inflection. Things appeared to patch up real quickly, and jokes/chat continued after. That's all a part of guild chat, no matter where you go.

Holding Bay is just another guild in a sea of guilds, with a few unique things. We do encourage folks to socialize both in and out of the guild. We don't mind if folks come and go, but do appreciate a little "good bye" and occasional note back home on how things are going. We are there for all past, current, and future members that need help, and only more than happy to do so.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Adventurer

Speaking of the way things are said...

the recipe comment is apparently aimed at AoD.

I find that humorous for two or more reasons.

1. First, and the obvious one, I really do not think someone is going to join/leave a guild because person X has a cake recipe (or chili, hamburger, soup or anything else). Maybe I am mistaken and Gordon Ramsay and a slew of cooking students are in the game.

2. That wasnt what we said, and you implied it is. We simply said in my post, and I quote "Have fun..get to know the officers, the active players and people who love to chat not only about which bow or wand to buy, but about sports, alcohol, dating, traveling, books, music and everything else! We trade recipes for food, stories about random things found on the net and even some pictures of each other. Sure, you may think you have seen me in the forums here..but you have not seen all the pics I have shared with my guildmates!"

Bullbound, you are twisting words to make it appear that people are poaching your guild members. You are also really making it seem as though everyone wants members of YOUR guild, when in fact, people simply want to increase their own guild's strength as well as personality. I am sure Elrond, Ash, Aleksathe5th, and the leaders of the other top 10+ guilds or so, have contacted...AS WELL AS RECEIVE...inquiries from members from nearly everyone. When I was in AoD, I contacted Elrond. He did not contact me. Valhalla is a great guild and is currently number 1. Why WOULDNT someone want to leave YOUR guild for it? That said, while there are some great people there, some of whom I miss, it isnt 100% for me, and so I went back to a guild I enjoy. I realise you have the same philosophy. IF people are allowed to come and go as much as you say then maybe you need to quit whining and pointing fingers at the leaders of the other guilds.

Not to mention that I kind of thought the whole idea of this section is simply to promote your OWN guild, and not tear down others.
Sure, you can say I made a slight jab at Valhalla in my post. Maybe I did. But I also commended them on having great people, a great leader and for being number 1. I really like Elrond. Estella and I still communicate almost daily. SaiTaan is my guild leader on s1 and I really like the guy. and if I wasnt in AoD, I'd go back to Valhalla. But I think your jabs are actually starting to hurt a few people, it isnt a friendly good natured jab anymore, and judging by the number of responses to this, I think I am not alone in this thought process. As I said earlier, it is my opinion you should sort this out privately instead of subjecting everyone to this, before you lose more than a guild member...but a friend.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gynx For This Useful Post:
mallen (01-27-2011)
Old 01-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Gynx, I didn't tear down any guilds. The recipe was aimed at you, as you chose to promote your guild in my guild's thread. I haven't accused any one or more specific guild of poaching or bribery, but you sure seem to take a strong exception to it compared to many others. Also, since you want to talk about the number of replies, you have made more than anyone else. Take a look at what Elrond and Dr Hell have said. Try reading what I have posted. None of them have been jabs at anyone.

I am not complaining that other guilds come to players from my guild for whatever reason (which was never even a topic before), nor that players may want to leave. Both happen. I consider it high praise when folks approach members of Holding Bay and if you think that there is a lot more going on between Army of Darkness and the members of Holding Bay than I do, then I would like to know in private what is going on. As far as I know, I have already talked with Mallen about his concerns and that has been settled. You continue to harp though. You want it private, and yet you keep posting in public and adding more and more accusations which are not in line with anything I have said.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:10 AM
Adventurer

actually, I never promoted AoD, I simply responded to your word-twisting about my guild. I promoted AoD in the AoD thread.

when you stop telling half truths, Ill stop responding.