Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 09:29 PM

Default small guild mail change

it would be nice when you send a guild mail that it would send it to the sender also. it is hard sometimes remembering what you sent out to the guild when like me you run 6 guilds over the 7 servers thrying to remember if you told guild one when the next guild war was or guild 3 no guild war saving for guild dungeon. etc... it just would be nice to have a copy sent to the sender also.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
DominicS (10-29-2011), Katjja (02-24-2012)
Old 10-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Blacksmith

It's been mentioned MANY a time but the mail system in this game is it's biggest failing by far, particularly if you happen to be a leader/officer in a busy guild.

This would just require an outbox. Not difficult to add to the game but really, just don't hold your breath
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Arse For This Useful Post:
DominicS (10-29-2011), ToscanToss (11-06-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 07:36 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Send a message via Yahoo to Beanhead III

Similar topic, but different suggestion, in order for a guild to conduct proper business, they need to keep everyone updated at all times. This includes being able to communicate. The mail system blocks us at 100 messages in which quite a few are those "You have been attacked" mails.

Could it be possible for when someone's mailbox is full and has a bunch of attack mails, that when a Guild Wide message goes out, that they recieve it and it knocks out (deletes) the oldest attack in their mail?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beanhead III For This Useful Post:
DominicS (10-29-2011), ToscanToss (10-31-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Blacksmith

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanhead III View Post
Similar topic, but different suggestion, in order for a guild to conduct proper business, they need to keep everyone updated at all times. This includes being able to communicate. The mail system blocks us at 100 messages in which quite a few are those "You have been attacked" mails.

Could it be possible for when someone's mailbox is full and has a bunch of attack mails, that when a Guild Wide message goes out, that they recieve it and it knocks out (deletes) the oldest attack in their mail?
Along the same lines, if a player's mailbox is full and you try to write them a message, would it be possible to let us know BEFORE we type the message. Nothing is as frustrating as trying to recruit someone, typing up a message you think would be interesting, and having it not be sent because the recipient's mailbox is full.

Sorry for Bogart'ing your thread, Mr. Baggins.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:18 AM
Blacksmith

Dom, use [CTRL] + [NUMPAD INSERT/0] to copy your text, just in case (and past in in a simple text editor, like Wordpad - or betteryet, compose it there to begin with), and then [SHIFT] + [NUMPAD INS/0] to paste it into an S&F mail, when needed. (Best advice a best friend gave me here, and she's given several - hello, J. )

But while we're on the subject of S&F private messaging:

would it be possible, for all our hundreds and thousands of $$$ spent, to p-leeeease give us more messaging room?

At least 250!

And to be able to separate the chaff (attack-messages) from the wheat (people actually communicating!) into separate folders, with an option to automatically discard attack messages 1, 2, 3 days old?

P-leeease, for the love of god - or at least our money - listen to us!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 08:39 AM
Blacksmith

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToscanToss View Post
Dom, use [CTRL] + [NUMPAD INSERT/0] to copy your text, just in case (and past in in a simple text editor, like Wordpad - or betteryet, compose it there to begin with), and then [SHIFT] + [NUMPAD INS/0] to paste it into an S&F mail, when needed. (Best advice a best friend gave me here, and she's given several - hello, J. )
Yeah that's what I do, well for the most part. The biggest thing is that when I compose a piece of mail, particularly a recruitment letter, I like to add something particular to that person. Thinking of it from my perspective, I would like to know that the person trying to recruit me, is actually after ME and not just spamming a recruitment letter.

At any rate, to still copy and paste, and then put the personal touches on it, and THEN not have it go through...still doesn't make me a happy camper.

But thank you for your suggestion.
The Following User Says Thank You to DominicS For This Useful Post:
ToscanToss (11-06-2011)
Old 10-31-2011, 09:24 AM
Blacksmith

More like a reminder (you're welcome ) - but you're right, it's very far from ideal as it is...

In any case, me begging for the changes mentioned above still stands. (You pay them good money, then must beg, cajole, argue, demand, and god knows what else, for them to listen to the players' suggestions and make some improvements... *sigh* ... *shrug*)
DominicS (10-31-2011)
Old 04-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
it would be nice when you send a guild mail that it would send it to the sender also. it is hard sometimes remembering what you sent out to the guild when like me you run 6 guilds over the 7 servers thrying to remember if you told guild one when the next guild war was or guild 3 no guild war saving for guild dungeon. etc... it just would be nice to have a copy sent to the sender also.
I started a thread titled "Different answer to Officer Mail & other mail problems."
at http://forum.sfgame.us/showthread.ph...eferrerid=3919 & I address your suggestion among others.