Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Adventurer

There is another effect when fighting Mages, and that is First Strike. Because Damage vs. HP when fighting Mages is much higher for both players, the person taht gets the First Strike gets a clear advantage. If it only takes 3 hits for him to kill you and you to kill him on average, the chances of the second hitter winning in 2 hits is extremely slim.

On the other hand, wiht a Warrior vs. Scout Fight, if the winner usualy needs 7 hits, one person winning in 6 is more frequent, minimizing the first strike chance.

But in the above case, i think the problem is the Dex stat being much too low. Dex needs to be more than Con for the Scout, just as Str needs to be higher than Con fro Warriors, and Int for mages. Basically, you gave up far too much offense for defense. Still, I don't think that would have won you the fight. I'm pretty certain it simply comes down to lucky rolls on wide range weapons.
Time of Death: 17:32 PDT November 14, 2011
It has passed into Myth and Legend.

http://zombunny.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=236408
The Following User Says Thank You to Charista For This Useful Post:
DominicS (11-11-2011)
Old 11-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Really don't mean to be a bother but this just showed up in my mail and is really really frustrating me.

10 scout can't do 2k damage before a 9 mage does 7k?

My intelligence is higher because I thought it would help me against mages.

Obviously that didn't work.

So there is still no answer on actual mechanics behind the damage but lots of conjecture about my poor stats. >.>

Last edited by Xetara; 11-11-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Adventurer

We're only other players, Xetera, not the developers. So anything about the mechanics behind the damage would be conjecture. But we can answer that your stats aren't helping you succeed.

Will increasing your INT stats help against mages? Yes, but only compared to putting them into STR. You DEX and your CON are your lifeblood. If you bump up your DEX, you'll do more damage. If you bump up your CON, you'll survive longer in battle. When you bump up your INT that number is immediately cut in 2 and then applied as some mysterious defense against mage attacks.

I get that you're frustrated. You've so far got a lot of folks actually trying to help you though, through the only way we can. Only you can decide what to do with that help. I can tell you that you CAN still fix your stats by gear selection. It will take a few days to a week, but you can realign stuff and start kicking butt.

Good luck!!
Old 11-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Thank you everyone for answering what you could. I'm sorry if I am frustrated and seem short with you.

Maybe someone can direct me to a good 'build' for scouts.

Is there a stat reset potion?
Old 11-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Stable Boy

You can adjust your stats each day. First, buy gear in the shops or take quests with gear that offers good Dex stats. Use this new gear to replace gear that has strength or Intelligence or luck bonuses. Second, put all extra gold into buying Dex points each day. You will soon be stronger as a scout.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Im a scout as well. i had similar issues to what you seem to be describing at or around those lvls as well. i dont really know all the ins and outs of it myself but ill tell ya what i did that seemed to straighten it out. I have my con my dex and my luck all EQUAL to each other. i know it doesnt seem to make much sense but thats what helped me stop getting schooled by mages just hand over fist. there for a while it was so bad that i almost literally feared mages before the battle even started cause i just knew i was going to loose hands down. so to paraphrase my coffee driven ramblings

I have my CON,DEX,LUCK all = in stat size (example Con 100 Dex 100 Luck 100) and its served me well so far and im Level 106 hope this helps =)