Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 8 > Small Talk

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 12:37 AM
Adventurer

Default hacked again!

I AM VERY ANGRY RIGHT NOW, I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPEN TO MY SERVER 8 CHARACTER. I TRY LOGGING IN WITH MY OWN PASSWORD AND IT DIDN'T WORK SO I REQUEST A NEW PASSWORD AND IT SAID MY PASSWORD OR EMAIL IS WRONG! AND PLUS MY TOON IS IN OTHER GUILD!!!!!

<Expletive>?!?!

ARE THERE ANY GUARANTEE THAT I WILL GET MY ACCOUNT BACK AFTER CONTACTING SUPPORT?
AND SOMEONE PLEASE INFORM MALKIN THAT IT ISN'T ME, I AM GOING TO DO ANYTHING TO GET BACK THAT ACCOUNT AND <removed by forum Moderator>

I don't care if i get infraction for using bad words

Last edited by DeadMeat; 04-16-2012 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Removed Swearing
Old 04-16-2012, 02:08 AM
Voluntary Forum Moderator

Again

As someone who has unfortunately been in this situation before I can assume you have already contacted support to get your character back.
If he has not been deleted then there is every chance he will be returned to you.

This regrettable incident can serve as a reminder to myself and everyone reading to-
*Not Share log in information with anyone
*Use a "Strong" Password of both letters and numbers
*Log out rather than just close a window when you finish playing.

Good Luck DW I hope he is returned to you unharmed
Old 04-17-2012, 01:41 AM
Stable Boy

again mate?
well just be patient with the support and you will get it back soon enough!!
and then come join us at mithrall hall

BEST RECRUITER ON ALL OF SHAKES AND FIDGETS!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to caliba For This Useful Post:
demonwarrior (04-18-2012)
Old 04-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Adventurer

To be honest, this is not the second time but the third time! I don't know why hackers are targeting me.

Also, its hard to ignore an offer from legendary guild and from a player who recruited almost half of 1# rank guild on s6 but sorry mate , i am 100% sure that I will be returning back to Game Misconduct when i got my account back.

And thanks iTZKooPA for the mail, i will be providing all the information about the toon soon.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Ok, demonwarrior. Maybe third time will be the trick to help you. Don't forget there are steps to take to prevent this from happening.

1) NEVER give your password to anyone.
2) IF you have given your password to anyone, make sure you change it.
3) Do not use the same password on accounts that haven't been hacked yet, as the password from a hacked account. Those that are cruel, will try the same password and account name on every server. Don't make it easy for them.
4) Use passwords with numbers, capital letters, and lower case letters.
5) Passwords to avoid include but are not limited to birth dates, social security numbers, addresses, words that include a part of your screen name, and common defaults such as "password" or "admin."
DominicS (04-17-2012)
Old 04-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Mushroom Collector

i got hacked too once all items were gone and no gold. i even was out of my guild
Old 04-18-2012, 12:21 AM
Truffle Shuffler

sheesh...
getting rather good at getting hacked ~.~
The Following User Says Thank You to AngelKilk For This Useful Post:
demonwarrior (04-18-2012)
Old 04-18-2012, 01:23 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
Ok, demonwarrior. Maybe third time will be the trick to help you. Don't forget there are steps to take to prevent this from happening.

1) NEVER give your password to anyone.
Um... I can't do quests every time so i give my password to the person that I trust the most to account sit for me. They don't betray me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelKilk View Post
sheesh...
getting rather good at getting hacked ~.~
Yeah, that is something I am really good at
Old 04-18-2012, 05:38 AM
Supreme Adventurer

demonwarrior, you claim they never betray you but your account has been stolen 3 times now. That means you are giving the password to at least one individual who has. Not all guild leaders or players can be trusted, or you are sending your password to more than you intend. If you are not sending your password to people on S&F, then you have a password that is easy to guess or have not changed your password(s) from the same as the hacked password.

Protecting your account's integrity is all about keeping information private, and almost every guild leader understands there are going to be times where a player can not get to the computer. For extended absences, letting them know in advance is usually sufficient. If you have to have an account sitter, (which also causes you to be responsible for what happens to your account since Playa Games does not encourage this behavior, but allows it) then change your password to a temporary password. An effective temporary password is one not similar to your regular password. When you return, change the password back so the account sitter can't access the account any more. This also prevents your account from appearing as if it is being shared.

However, the end result is still the same. Each time you supply your password to an individual, you open yourself up for that individual to steal your accounts. You do not want to make it easy for folks to do such, and there are many online who wish to take your account(s) for their own amusement. They will try many different tricks to do so, and won't resist messing with you if you make it easy for them. Playa Games clearly knows this, from the T&C as it states in there that providing your password to another is done with you assuming all the risk. The fact that iTZKooPA has helped you get your account back twice and is doing it again for a third time means you are very lucky.
bobo baggins (04-18-2012), Lord Arse (04-18-2012), Vyllyn (06-07-2012)
Old 04-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Adventurer

Also one thing Bullbound didn't mention is that although the account sitter may be 100% honest, someone that has access to the computer they are using may not be. Plus you may not use public, shared or unsecured computers to access your account but do they?

The point Bullbound made about using a temporary password is excellent advice, but I would take it one more step. Each time you allow someone to sit your account use a different temporary password or even better, a different password for each person, then if your account gets hacked again, you will know who the weak link is or if it happens on your own watch then it may mean your own computer is not as secure as you thought.

Note: One thing I have noticed is that Flash based games store their information in flash not in the browser as you may think. So on a shared computer any browser that is used to access the game is logged in to your account unless you log out each time. So say, you use Firefox to access server 3, because everyone else uses IE you don't log out of your account, the first person that opens IE & goes to server 3 is now playing your character! This is the case with all browsers IE, Opera, Firefox & Chrome. Even having different profiles in the browser like with Chrome doesn't help because they all use the same flash. You can see on shared or public computers how this can get you in big trouble even if you use a portable browser as even it uses the flash installed on that computer. The only way to stop this is either to log out each time or have everyone who uses the computer have their own Windows profile.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rizathivax For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (04-18-2012), Vyllyn (06-07-2012)
Closed Thread