Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 02-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Mushroom Collector

Default The Boot

When I kick an inactive player to make room for an active player, the chat thread reads, "So & So has left the guild". I feel then, that I have to explain to the guild, that so & so did not leave, they were kicked. Players "leaving" the guild is not an asset to the guilds morale. Knowing that a player has been kicked for the benefit of the guild IS, however. Is there anyway the chat message can be changed? ex- Jitterz has liberated So & So, So & So has been let go...

Anything but, So & So has left the guild. When that in no way is the truth. They did not leave, they were given The Boot.

Last edited by Jitterz; 02-28-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Adventurer

This is an excellent suggestion. We've had to explain that same thing a couple of times now after kicking inactive members.

Maybe when we boot a member, a screen could come up where we could type in a small blurb about why they are being booted, and that would then come up in the chat.

"Kaidah has booted <name> for inactivity."
or "Kaidah has booted <name> for reaching level 200 before I did."

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell
Read the Shakes & Fidget comics translated into English!
Sprechen sie Deutsche? New German comics here
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaidah For This Useful Post:
Jitterz (02-28-2011), Rizathivax (04-04-2011)
Old 02-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaidah View Post
"Kaidah has booted <name> for reaching level 200 before I did."
Is that why you kicked me out

But seriously, excellent suggestion. In addition, maybe it can "save" the message for when people come online the way the whisper function does. That way when you log in it lets you know who is gone and why in case you werent online when it happens.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaxem For This Useful Post:
Jitterz (02-28-2011), Mudd (02-28-2011), Tuima (03-01-2011)
Old 03-01-2011, 05:07 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaidah View Post
This is an excellent suggestion. We've had to explain that same thing a couple of times now after kicking inactive members.

Maybe when we boot a member, a screen could come up where we could type in a small blurb about why they are being booted, and that would then come up in the chat.

"Kaidah has booted <name> for inactivity."
or "Kaidah has booted <name> for reaching level 200 before I did."
I don't know...I can't see a big difference between typing in a blurb and typing the same directly in the chat. But I agree the message should be corrected, though.
More useful maybe Jaxem's suggestion, so you can know what happens in your guild even if you were not logged in when it happened.

Last edited by Tuima; 03-01-2011 at 05:08 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Mushroom Collector

I guess none of the Mods look at these?
Old 04-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Sure, the mods read every post. But we can't implement anything. All we do is pass it along to the devs, if they haven't read it already. What would you like to see a mod say?
Seedie (04-02-2011)
Old 04-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
Sure, the mods read every post. But we can't implement anything. All we do is pass it along to the devs, if they haven't read it already. What would you like to see a mod say?
Myself, I like to hear the mod's opinions. That way we know someone is reading all our wonderfully insightful thoughts & hearts desires, someone who has access to the dev's ears. We also like to think we can make a difference but more importantly we get very afraid when we think we are all alone here in the deep dark depths of the Shakes & Fidget support forum.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Supreme Adventurer

There have been a large number of suggestions implemented, that were suggested by players. Folks are reading them. As was mentioned before, you can send a guild-wide message so that everyone knows, as the message will scroll past and not everyone sees the "Someone left the guild" message, or "Someone was kicked from the guild" message if implemented.

From a grammatical sense, it makes sense due to there being a big difference between being kicked and leaving on your own.
Rizathivax (04-04-2011)