Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Default High levels leaving

Heya all.

Feel the need for a bit of a rant and would like others thoughts.

Am now up to the 4th high level character to leave the game on S2 (read as on first HoF page) and seems a persistant thing.

Know some ahve been miffed re the lack of game update with guild dungeons oft being cited.

Question goes out to those who have left, those considering leaving, and those who have remained. What changes/would change their mind?

Can see the point regarding lack of updates, but people had played for considerable time on s1 with no main updates without deserting.

Lack of compitition? Could see a point there on s2 with Adv Inc and LAW holding the top guild spots fairly uncontested and the top of the HoF being rather unchanged, but S1 has shown that dominant guilds can be toppled and that those who may shoot ahead on the HoF can be caught.

General rah over, please share thoughts as may well assist us/the devs keeping the community going. Fact that S2 is yet to exceed 60k players after over 2 months would seem a point of alarm in my eyes.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Adventurer

It wouldn't apply to all players, but certainly to some, that the school year is starting up again. Any university or high school students are having to decide whether they really still have time to play S&F.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dweomer For This Useful Post:
moreum (08-25-2010)
Old 08-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Blacksmith

Send a message via Skype™ to moreum

as usual I would have to agree with Dweomer. My semester starts tomorrow with some hard classes and a busy schedule. However, if you really want to see a server that is really hurting in activity look no further than UK server 1 . There's barely any competition and their forum is lacking activity . And believe me UK server 1 has been around much longer than US server 2. Therefore, I think it's just a luck of a draw of popularity not to mention that at first when US s2 wasn't set up yet a lot of US s1 players used to play UK s1 as their second characters.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Supreme Adventurer

s2 also saw a large migration of powerful s1 players who wanted to try something different. The allure of doing something different, while not facing a ban for multi-accounting, is pretty strong for some.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Perhaps, but then the same happened with S1 with those coming from other servers and being more clued up leaping ahead (think libertines toons early doors).

Given lack of popularity on UK1 and US2 would it perhaps be something to consider in future to run as english servers with differing reset times? Remember that S2 was running with a midnight GMT reset time for quite a while.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Blacksmith

Send a message via Skype™ to moreum

yes indeed one of the main allures for US1 players was a difference in server reset in UK1. However, I am pretty sure that UK1 will slowly become more and more popular as well as US2 server once the new upgrades for the game will arrive. Although, new updates might be one of the reasons to raise the popularity of the game but in my opinion it just takes time to build a good cohesive community for a server which is a natural cycle.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:44 PM
Adventurer

Summer is ending so everybody's schedule is being rearranged, I'm sure once the dust settles and everyone's had a chance to normalize we will see an upturn in players again.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Sheep

I can definitely relate to people not having time with summer ending as I am a student myself, in fact I might have quit the game if not for the fact that I had classes when I started playing it and was managing to do it just fine.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:53 PM
Banned

I barely have time to play the game anymore now that summer has ended.
I dont even finish all of my thirst for adventure now.
I still play as much as i can though
Old 08-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Adventurer

^_^ it's ok to just do gaurd duty all day, and for the power players to not drink any beer because your schedule is full.

Part of why I love this game is because it's ok to walk away, to just let a quest bar run while you do stuff around the house or go to work.

After all it's not just students that find their schedules full with the comming of fall. I work in a toystore and a lot of our staff are either leaving or they have to change when they can work, we're going to be hireing new people but soon the season will be upon us and this all adds to a jumble of odd hours untill we can stabilize things. happens every year like clockwork.

Once more players realize they can still play while they're doing other stuff I know they'll come back.