Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 07-31-2010, 11:50 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Dungeon Question

I am level 26 and haven't gotten my dungeon 2 key yet and it has me wondering will any gear I might get be below my level when I kill the low level monsters? I have cleared 7 dungeon levels hoping for an epic and it would really frustrate me if my first epic was 10 levels below my current level.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:54 AM
Adventurer

Unfortunately, dungeon epics are scaled to the lower level of the two combatants. If you clear a level 20, 22, and 24 dungeon monster, their epic drops will be below your level.

Don't despair entirely, however. On the one hand, epics are so vastly superior to non-epics that you would be keeping them for several levels anyway. On the other hand, if you choose not to keep them because you already own a better piece, or will be upgrading in the near future, epics are worth ALOT of gold. You can turn this gold into stats, or put it toward purchasing your better non-epic gear.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:57 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Darn well thanks for the reply, anything I can do to increase dungeon key drop rate?
Old 07-31-2010, 12:43 PM
Adventurer

Nope.

And epics are only better than non-epics at lower levels. I have yet to come across an epic that could beat my +263 dex weapon (or any other piece of my armor) and be a good enough trade-off to get rid of said piece of equipment. Sometimes it happens, but it's increasingly rare. I like epics for the gold.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:56 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Thanks and this got me thinking, the armor is scaled to the lower level of the monster and you, so is it best to wait to fight the monster until you are their level? Unless you just really need a good magic item at that moment?
Old 07-31-2010, 01:01 PM
Adventurer

Normally you will fight a higher level monster because you want the epic now, rather than later.

Also, dungeon monsters give PHAT exp, and if you are in competition for the lead, you need to squeeze out every last exp you can muster as soon as possible.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:00 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDude2 View Post
Normally you will fight a higher level monster because you want the epic now, rather than later.
True, but if you show restraint and wait untill you are level with the monster you're going to fight you get the most out of any item you might get.