Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 07-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Truffle Shuffler

There are some points that makes me believe the game rewards exp-player higher than gold player at the beginning.

Here are some of my thoughts:
  • you get more gold for arena fights (as the outcome will be determined by the lowest level involved)
  • city guard gives you much more (the level defines the amount of gold you get per hour)
  • even some stats are level based (Hitpoints and Critical Hits)
  • and last but not least the items you get in shop and quest are largely depending on your level.

So if you hit the arena button often and have about 18+ hours of city guard duties you didn't lose this much gold and have the benefits of better equipment. You maybe will lose some fights against someone who is lower in level but sometime later you will probably win because he couldn't get enough skills per day to compensate your lead in better items and better bonus.

This is also the argument for getting the guild boni work early.

Later in the game the difference between gold and exp-player getting less important but for the start the exp-player will get it going better.
bobo baggins (07-04-2012), DeadMeat (07-04-2012), Jengas (07-04-2012), MUraxx (07-05-2012)
Old 07-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Mushroom Collector

Send a message via Yahoo to masoud

Before I start please look at this dude:
http://up.vatandownload.com/images/j...1pd7v5u6sa.jpg

Im agree with you, high levels have great benefits:
Better rewards from quests
More golds from city guard
Shop brings better items for you

But what if you spend 20 thirst of adventures and after 20 minutes waiting you fail your quest because of bad equipments?

Imagine you have a weak but high level hero, and imagine your best friend invited you to his birthday party.
You say with your self: Im going to birthday party and I think after 8 hours Im coming back home so my hero should work for 8 hours.
But what if after party your friend ask you to please stay at night? You want to tell him sorry I have a weak hero in S&F and I have to come back home before hes work done or someone rob my golds?

I know Its possible if someone with higher level than me defeat me, but its impossible someone with lower level than me defeat me. (until now I donated 470 to my guild)

In my opinion guild, dungeon and equipments have most important rules to make you strong.
Choose gold in quests, upgrade your skill points and guild, then guild support you with bonus exp, then you have a strong hero also a high level hero.

But Im agree with you, shops brings better items for high level players
Old 07-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Crusader

You are, I think, missing the point. You have beaten a player of higher level as you. That means little. He may have played more than you, less than you, or the same amount. He may have trained exp, trained gold, or trained both. he may have new equipment or old equipment. He (and you) may or may not be using potions.

If you want to beat players of higher level than you, train gold. If you want to climb the rankings as fast as possible, train XP.
The Following User Says Thank You to spiny norman For This Useful Post:
Darstard (07-05-2012)
Old 07-05-2012, 10:54 AM

Both screen shot I have seen show that they have lower stat bonuses but what we haven't seen are screen shots of theres and your player description screen shots so we can see equipment (mainly need to see the damage each of you do )and potions.

As we have been saying equipment and potions can make the difference.

I can pretty much guanetee that I could beat a gold quest player at say level 100 and with me having a level 100 toon doing exp quests. If I have better equipement and potions plus going by your stats if you kept going the way you are with them I know I could beat you at the same level no matter what level we were as long as we were the same level.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 07-05-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by masoud View Post
Im agree with you, high levels have great benefits:
Better rewards from quests
More golds from city guard
Shop brings better items for you

(
You also forget more gold from quests. You keep saying that you get more gold by going gold-focused play, but you're really not getting more gold. You're not even getting more stats. In fact you get fewer and fewer stat points the longer you play at the same level.

The gold you lose from arena is minimal at best. Hardly game-shifting. If I went a week without playing this game, I'll still have more or less the same amount as when I last played.

And you're describing this game as everyone else relative to you, when it's really you relative to everyone else. Since we're using metaphors here, it's like you're suggesting it's better to repeat 5th grade several times than to do it really well once and get it over with. Sure, the longer you stay in 5th grade, the better you'll know about '5th-grade' stuff than other 5th graders, but spend 2-3 years in 5th grade while everyone else is already ahead of you, you comparing yourself to 5th graders that are now 2-3 years younger than you suddenly doesn't have so much impact anymore.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Mushroom Collector

I accept everything you tell me. Your right, in shakes and fidget its better to focus on exp rather than golds.
But not because high levels brings you more , No!
Because high level players can buy better equipments from shop.

In current shopping system you can not browse all available items and you just can see 6 items relevant to your current level not your stats.

okay you win. But about those screenshot:
I play in server 8
I invite you to register and search my name, view my state and see that I never wasted my for temporary potions.
If you compare my scrapbook with hes scrapbook you see I played 1/6 him.

And if you be same level with me and you claim that you can beat me thats because you didnt donate 460 to your guild in short time like me.

Whatever, you won!
Old 07-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by masoud View Post
And if you be same level with me and you claim that you can beat me thats because you didnt donate 460 to your guild in short time like me.
Careful! It's very unlikely that you will overpower all other classes all of the time with the same build. You will be weaker against one of the three classes, and they WILL be able to beat you.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:46 PM

I am on s8 and you can check out bruenor I have donated over 8.5 million gold and I donate about 10% of my gold still when I first started the guild I was donating about 70%-90% depending on different factors and even with that I believe I could beat a gold quest player being the same level as them because of build equipment and potions.

I play on s8 and from what I have seen equipment needs to be a priority to have only 4 items with int and one of them being an epic thats not good with you being a mage. I am going to guess as I can't see what your stat costs are that it costs you more for 1 point con then one point int and that luck costs the same as int or very close to it. with half the 1728 gold you have earned so far and at the same level as you and being same class I believe most if not all experienced players going for exp quests could beat you. not saying anything bad or being cocky we all have had to learn the hard way on how to build up our toons.

Only reason I keep putting my 2 cents in on this is ppl are giving you sound advice and you keep saying you are beating players that are higher level then you but the 2 you showed us is not an experienced player that has built there toon in a way that they will beat most if not all players around their level and would very rarely if ever get beat by a lower level player at that stage of the game.

We are giving you sound advice here it is up to you to use it or not.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 07-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post

As we have been saying equipment and potions can make the difference.
as proof of this, I have been playing an XP-based strategy since around level 20. That should make me weak relative to my level. but if you look at the players near me in the HOF, I average 10 levels lower than them, suggesting I am stronger than average for my level. Why? because I'm using +25 to XP, +25 to intelligence, and a potion of eternal life. Most of the rest aren't--it's too expensive.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Mushroom Collector

All guys thank you very much.
I can see the benefits of exp.
Im going to delete my current account and start again in different server with new strategy