Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Default battles missed

we see a battle appear in guild message that it was won or lost. but no time is slated for it.

well if it happened overnight or while we were at work.

we have no time line to judge when we are getting hit

can you put a time when it says ..

attack on

or defend against...
Old 10-03-2012, 04:39 PM

I believe the reasoning behind not giving time are one or both of 2 reasons.
1- it is not chat but an event announced in chat
2- wars/raids are 10 hours after they are declared so everyone should know about when they happened.

but thats not to say it is not a good Idea just explaining the most likely reason why they don't or won't put the times

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 10-03-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Adventurer

I think it's a good idea, too.

Way too many times we get attacked at just the right time so almost none of us are on-line, other than seeing the battle replay & the message in the chat we wouldn't even know anything happened. Knowing when the battle took place would let us plan for defense against the next "sneak" attack in the wee hours of the morning.

Oh, & bobo I offer up a third possible reason for them not showing the battle time, which is simply that no one thought of it until now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rizathivax For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (11-10-2012)
Old 10-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Truffle Shuffler

There is something worse than this, knowing there is a battle but not seeing it because the game does not save it until you log in.
That sucks.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Adventurer

Default battles missed - possible fix?

Hmmm....... Well D0C, I think that is discussed in the Complaint Section (many times) but while we're asking for a time stamp on the Battle Summary in the Guild Chat, this maybe the time to ask for linking the replay of the battle(s) to the Summary in the Guild Chat as well. Maybe scrap the auto replay screen altogether (really if you're sitting other player accounts, clicking through the same battles gets old fast) & link the battle replay to the Summary in the Guild Chat, like the Guild Crest is linked now. You can even have guild chat commands (/battle (1)) & (/raid (1)) to replay current battles (or better yet the last 2 or 3 - hence the (#) in my sample commands) after they have scrolled out of the chat window.

Only the last two or three would be stored so as to not tie up too much system resources. But think of it, see battles & raids replayed when you want, never again miss the out come because two battles happen back to back or the raid because someone attacks you just after you start. No longer be forced to watch the same outcome multiple times or be pulled away from something you are in the middle of to sit through a guild battle you're already sure that you lost or won.

Last edited by Rizathivax; 10-04-2012 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Added title
The Following User Says Thank You to Rizathivax For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (11-10-2012)
Old 10-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Truffle Shuffler

This is a top idea and I am behind you 100%.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Mushroom Collector

IF they say that recording the battle replay takes too much space and bandwith on the servers, just save the data of who attacked who and lost/win.

Maybe a vertical image strip with picture of friend versus foes showing who they attacked and win.. and the moment they die, shows the next character pic until him/her also dies... and so on.. With of course at the very bottom whitch guild won and by how much.. maybe with some fun statstic of the fight.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

A log of the details for battles has been suggested to deal with the issue of server resources being hogged. Saving a bit of text on each battle rather than the whole animation procedure (which could be direct by text queues, I know) would reduce requirements drastically.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:05 PM

I would even be happy with just the results say you attacked guild X you won with y number of ppl left and z number of HP of player aa left. honor gain was bb.

something like that.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 11-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Adventurer

Default Guild Battle/Dungeon Raid Photo Album

It looks like instead of a full replay of the battle all we really need is a "snap shot" of the battle results screen. It can be linked to the battle results text in the Guild chat window like I described above or to a message sent to Guild members (or only officers &/or leader).

Of course we would not complain if they gave us a Guild Battle/Dungeon Raid Photo Album filled with those snapshots of our best (& worst) moments! Yes it would be a little more programming (& yet another button) but we would have something really useful. Think of it, click the Photo Album Button & up pops an album (like the Scrape Book does now) with the captured results of all our past guild battles & dungeon raids. All those pesky questions would be answered once & for all: Was there a Hero of the day? Did we win? Who did we fight? How much honor won/lost? Who got the last blow in? How many people where left standing? Etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rizathivax For This Useful Post:
D0C (11-10-2012), spiny norman (11-10-2012)