Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Supreme Adventurer

I hate to point this out, but the actions described have happened and led to their own demise. Those that joined for "ultra guild" haven't stayed together nor in the lead.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
I hate to point this out, but the actions described have happened and led to their own demise. Those that joined for "ultra guild" haven't stayed together nor in the lead.
Not quite more like Zombunny became the new ultra guild cause they have the highest bonuses now.

Go figure...

Everyone is leaving their guild cause OMG Zombunny has at least 4% more exp+gold I want to join them.

I'm really sick of this revisionist history of the game. Zombunny can easily poach from any guild on the server now cause they have the best bonuses.

There is nothing that will ever stop them barring like 2-3 powerful guilds merging.

This game is a joke and I think a lot of people will leave it.

Last edited by Monopz; 11-05-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:59 AM
Sheep

Are the dungeons too difficult?
No, and yes.
~ At the outset, they were so ridiculously easy I was quite upset that they cost so much gold. I contributed a great amount of gold to watch the level 50s finish off the bosses.
~ It wasn't until the last two or three dungeons that I've actually been able to participate. (We've completed 13 dungeons) and we've already hit a wall where we need to attract more guild members in order to complete the next, so yes, at this point, it's become too hard.
~ It's been pointed out that the top guilds are also stymied at 20(ish) dungeons and a couple of them have players levelled over 200. Just exactly what was the developers estimate of guild levels for completion of the dungeons?

Do you feel that the rewards are adequate to the challenge?
No. Gold is totally insufficient if that's all we're going to see on a personal level. I like the guild bonus increases.

I'd like to suggest that epic gear be implemented on top of a larger purse of gold.
  • I wouldn't want to see a static item given to every guild for defeat of a particular dungeon. Giving each member a (for example) +10 all stats pair of gloves for completion of dungeon six would only make for identical looking guilds over the long haul.
  • If you developed a loot table of 10 items for each boss, (progressing in desirability as bosses become more difficult) it could create random rewards that would not be the same as every other guild.
  • Rewards might include 'patches' for gear that buff all stats or maybe, say a +10 stat boost to the highest stat on one piece of gear they already own, which could not be what is already considered an epic or having been previously improved via dungeon reward.
  • Rewards might also include a unique mount for a period, or what about a potion that lasts for 5 days that provides a 10% buff to your constitution?
Is the progression too fast, too slow, or just right?
For the cost, it's fine.

Do you enjoy challenges in your games?
Do the developers really want to create challenges? In a game that involves only clicking a button as a mechanic without having to make decisions that will affect the outcome of a fight, that would make for a drastic reshuffling of thought processes. Please note, I'm not saying that a person has no input. Choosing gear and stats to buff is a good part of this game, but once you hit the 'attack' button .. there's no control.

Judging from what I've seen on these forums, change and challenge are not really something keenly sought by the developers. LOL ... not admitting to the possibility that a confirmation button might have been a good idea before committing over a million gold to a guild battle. C'mon folks ... even Windows builds in doublecheck features.

Did you expect a different battle system for guild dungeons?
Quite frankly, yes. The mechanics of this system did nothing for the game in the long run. I was hoping to have challenges that actually involved working together to complete something. This is the same old 'click the button and wait for it all to be over' format that has already been done.

I would not have minded seeing dungeons that ran over a few days as you came up against a series of bosses where you had to try to figure out how to defeat this one, then the next, where you were allowed a limited number of guild resources and how, at the end, you might feel like you actually achieved something more than clicking a button.

What about being able to re-run a dungeon to improve your performance? Small cost (say the 25k it currently costs to attack another high level guild) and no rewards. There are those out there to whom this would appeal.

How do you like the art?
Hmmm ... would probably be tastier with ketchup.

The things we've run up against for the most part are the same stuff we see in other dungeons or questing. Only the end bosses are any different.

That having been said, the game is based on a very well drawn comic.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Monopz, Waters Deep actually displaced Zombunny for a while and was recruiting folks to create the uber-guild that you are talking about. That lasted for a little while, and then things appear to have fallen apart on them. When Legacy was the number 1 guild due to having max bonuses, the same complaints and predictions were raised then. Some guilds did merge to beat Legacy. Remember this thread where you moaned and complained about losing the number 1 spot? What happened after just goes to show that creating "uber-guilds" doesn't really work around here. Prior to that, Legacy merged with guilds to gain the upper hand. Now, neither Legacy nor REAL is number 1. Zombunny will fall in time too. Your complaints really don't stand up to the litmus test of history.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopz View Post
Not quite more like Zombunny became the new ultra guild cause they have the highest bonuses now.

Go figure...

Everyone is leaving their guild cause OMG Zombunny has at least 4% more exp+gold I want to join them.

I'm really sick of this revisionist history of the game. Zombunny can easily poach from any guild on the server now cause they have the best bonuses.

There is nothing that will ever stop them barring like 2-3 powerful guilds merging.

This game is a joke and I think a lot of people will leave it.
Of course you're going to have people who will defect; but not everyone is doing it and some players actaully feel a responsibility to the Guild they are in and will stay, to help the Guild become stronger and move up.

Every army has had traitors that can be bought.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Sheep

I'm surprised that a mod would participate in this sort of thread derailment. Can a mod split apart those posts that pertain to uber guild building and just stick to the topic of the OP? Feel free to delete this post when you've cleaned up the thread.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Iola, it actually is on topic. Monopz has voiced a concern that the guild dungeons are going to result in an elite guild situation. The purpose of my posts was to illustrate how such won't happen, and thus the criticism of the guild dungeons based on that statement is not something to seriously consider. If there is criticism that is valid, then please bring it to the table. If someone feels it isn't valid, then they are free to refute it too. A large part of this thread has been discussions not only what is liked and disliked, but also how to improve the guild dungeons. If there is a complaint that is well founded, then it is definitely something worth looking into.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Truffle Shuffler

I think you have to be careful comparing the past the the current, since the guild dungeons have altered the levelling capacity of the top guilds.

Prior to the dungeons each guild really was throttled to the same levelling ability, basically the 100% bonus, peoples time, and mushroom spend. Getting up the ladder was really about recruitment, and organising attack times to get as many people in as possible. Basically, recruit active players.

Now, the guild exp is in danger of letting the top guilds level faster, making it harder and harder for anyone to challenge them, simple becuase they will get higher levels faster.

Already we are at the situation where Bunnies are at 19 dungeons cleared, and the 10th highest guild is at 13, so Bunnies are in theory levelling 12% faster than the 10th guild.

It remains to be seen the full impact of that extra 2% per dungeon bonus, but I won't be surprised to see the rise of uber guilds; that find it easy to replace people they leave, and more importantly will be rising in power faster than anyone else.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Truffle Shuffler

uber guilds wont work. look at WD
Old 11-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Stable Boy

The problem of the formation of what some may call uber guilds can be explaned by different things:

In order to take on the harder monster, higher level players might be tempted to join forces in order to earn the most bonuses; which other guilds could never get unless they get the man power to beat down.

Before, Bonuses didn't really depend on player levels, where as now they do! A guild filled with higher level players will take one higher guild dungeons, and by doing so will gain a certain advantage (better bonuses) meaning that players might again be tempted to stay with that guild.

As for Bullbounds history lesson, the same might and probly will happen, but only once other guilds reach the top and surely only then! In the past, if both guilds had 100% bonuses, members had nothing to lose from moving from one guild to another in order to dethrone a higher guild where as now, they’ll lose the bonuses they had from the other guild. So fenini surely brings out a good and well argued point!

Thought, top Guilds usualy die out because of players quiting. Like some mentioned in before comments, some members might not leave a guild, even for better bonuses.

In the end, the guilds dungeon do serve their point; of them being something new added to the game for players to enjoy as a guild. It might have its ups and down, but at least developers are listening to the community and are giving us new features to enjoy with our guilds. Keep up the good work also iTZKooPA! It's nice to see good community manager that cares about player feedback!

A word of advice for all guild leaders out there: Don't treat your members like a number and they'll stay with you for the challenge for the long run. Guilds who do treat members only by their level eventually see themselves die out because they are unable to find loyal and long lasting members.

Good gaming,

WSR

Last edited by WhySoRed; 11-06-2010 at 09:54 PM.

Tags
constructive criticism, feedback, guild dungeons, v1.60