Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 07-23-2016, 10:35 AM
Blacksmith

Default Fall update and expectations

So.. July is slowly coming to an end. We will most likely get the next update in September (like the year before).

What would you guys want to see the most in the next large patch?
Old 07-23-2016, 01:44 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
So.. July is slowly coming to an end. We will most likely get the next update in September (like the year before).

What would you guys want to see the most in the next large patch?
Shadow Tower (Top left) and Shadow Pet Dungeon (Bottom Left)
Old 07-23-2016, 02:47 PM
Fidget's Griffin

I'll be honest, if they put out new content, it would be nice if they would actually test it for more than 24 hours.

I watch all the forums when new content comes out. I am a mod on two of them.

This is not me being a typical American stereotype, but the last two content releases, our little group here has reported more bugs in the first few days of release than I've found on other forums.

And for goodness sake, don't release new content on Friday and then take the weekend off. Release on Monday so they have four days to fix reported bugs.

Now I'll hush

I'm all for the shadow tower. I'm stuck on Easteros, and it would be nice for another option to attack.

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*
Old 07-23-2016, 03:16 PM

Well considering that since last year we had a revamp, fortress, shadow world and pets I don't really expect anything new till sometime in 2017.

Also as Medusa said they need to do more testing and bug fixing before releasing anything new I seen more bugs in the last year then I have in the 5 year before combined from updates. lets get it right from the beginning.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 07-23-2016, 04:00 PM
Blacksmith

I am almost certain we will get an update this year. Playa has finally changed their strategy and they are pretty focused on SF.

I hope we will get something for Fortress, because it's seems that in 6 months a lot of people will be capped at level 20.

As for pets... It would be nice if we got a 6th page of pets. They could be mixed or some neutral ones. We definitely need something new here.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:09 PM

Well considering they have soccer stars, bloodmoon, and tiny island to develop for as well I don't see them adding new content this year for s+f also considering we just received pets what 2-3 months ago I for one just don't see it happening. heck thy still need to fix pet bugs.

Is it possible we could get new content yeah but will we doubt it. Playa doesn't have the staff to put out that much content for 1 game in a year let alone to deal with 4 games.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 07-31-2016, 10:56 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Well considering they have soccer stars, bloodmoon, and tiny island to develop for as well I don't see them adding new content this year for s+f also considering we just received pets what 2-3 months ago I for one just don't see it happening. heck thy still need to fix pet bugs.

Is it possible we could get new content yeah but will we doubt it. Playa doesn't have the staff to put out that much content for 1 game in a year let alone to deal with 4 games.
I haven't checked in a soccerstar in a year. And it's probably been 2 or more since I quit. Since they hadn't added any new content of any value in a year before that. Edited to add: just checked in. Soccerstar looks the same as it did since 2013, so I think it's safe to say that Playa isn't putting any effort in there. US server 1 looks completely dead. I quit in 2013 and am still ranked #3.

played tiny island for a while, but they screwed the balances so that if you were high level pvp was a disaster: you'd win 10 and lose 200. poorly designed. And I'm sure some people played with bots.

As for new features here, I'd tweak the fortress. 10 day construction just does not hold interest. I'd probably add 5 more pets per type as well: much better than shadow pets. how about a shadow mirror? or even better, a shadow gambler who pays off with reasonable odds? Or a shadow catapult that has more than a 1 in 100 chance of affecting the outcome of a battle?

Last edited by spiny norman; 07-31-2016 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:36 PM
Blacksmith

I think I used that argument once somewhere on the forum.

Different rules apply to different products. For example it makes sense for a company to produce a new kind of beer. There will always be ones who want to taste something new, you can direct it to different demographics, make region specific beers and so on.

With games, producing a clone is like a shot in the foot. Multiplayer games are all about big player bases. It only makes sense to make one product and make it shine (have as much content as possible).

In summary - they will and should want to kill off Bloodmoon and Soccerstar.
It's in their interest and ours aswell.

Look, there will be more content. It will get complicated and confusing at some point. Eventually you will need an effin wiki to play this game. We are gonna hate it and love it at the same time. There's just no other way.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:49 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
I hope we will get something for Fortress, because it's seems that in 6 months a lot of people will be capped at level 20.
NOOOOO!