Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 01-03-2015, 08:58 PM
Blacksmith

Default Demon Portal update review

Honestly, I have to say that I'm not exactly happy with it.

Don't get me wrong the update overall is very good. There's a new thing to do and that's all great.
It's just that there are some issues.

1) HP regeneration mechanic.

This is just wrong. It's obvious that shroomers are always gonna be ahead. But monster health regeneration will only increase the gap between shroomers and non-shroomers.

It's pretty simple - even without shrooms you could gather potions, drink them all and try your luck in tower or dungeons for 3 days.

In portal you have to fight every day and these fights are not easy. Keeping all pots up for 7 to 10 days is an insane task for a non-shroomer.

I would say the regeneration is bad and should be changed.

2) Update timing.

That's another complain of my.

Last year I made a couple of suggestions for this game. And I dare to say that this demon portal is in a small way based on them.

It's ok that we gain damage and HP from demon kills - that's good.
But right now we have nothing to use it on.

Before introducing the Demon Portal they should have added a new Dungeon. So that by pushing the portal we could climb in the new dungeon.
Now before new dungeons will be presented people HP and damage will increase significantly and that's just wasted opportunity.

New dungeon should be added ASAP.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
Honestly, I have to say that I'm not exactly happy with it.

Don't get me wrong the update overall is very good. There's a new thing to do and that's all great.
It's just that there are some issues.

1) HP regeneration mechanic.

This is just wrong. It's obvious that shroomers are always gonna be ahead. But monster health regeneration will only increase the gap between shroomers and non-shroomers.

It's pretty simple - even without shrooms you could gather potions, drink them all and try your luck in tower or dungeons for 3 days.

In portal you have to fight every day and these fights are not easy. Keeping all pots up for 7 to 10 days is an insane task for a non-shroomer.

I would say the regeneration is bad and should be changed.
The regeneration mechanic gives you one chance to do everything you can every day. If that wasn't the gameplay restriction then it would most likely be the way the rest of works; a timer that can be ignored by using a . The regen mechanic actually levels the playing field for this feature further.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:15 AM

I like that we only get 1 try at demon portal and that it regains 10% hp. As for saying that it increases the gap of shroomers and non shroomers I don't think it does. I shroom on s3 and just beat act3 lvl 10 mob today I am level 354. on s9 I don't shroom and I am on act 2 lvl 3. Either way you will hit walls where you cant get your 10% but with proper stat increases it only takes a matter of a few days to maybe a couple weeks to get things moving again.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 01-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Blacksmith

What if for some reasons you can't play the game for 2 or 3 days? the demon regenerates 20 - 30% of its HP, this is terrible for who can only deal a net damage of 1% a day. Those 2 - 3 days cost him another month to make up what he missed.

As I mentioned before, hitting the wall is not necessary, it even makes players want to give up the portal. On the other hand, slowing down the demon portal only is more adequate, it may take longer to finish one level but the players know they're making some progress and it will not go in vain.

Last edited by godevil; 01-04-2015 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Truffle Shuffler

The 10% of total health doesn't make sense. If it were 10% of the missing health it would make more sense.

Think about it this way at the beginning of the portal when you knock the monster down to 90% over the rollover he would go back to 91% (10% of what he lost) but as you get closer to beating him when he is at say 20% left he would gain 8% of his health back. Still levels the playing field but doesn't create an insurmountable wall when you can not hit him for a full 10%+ daily. Also eliminates the large health gains when you miss a few days for whatever reason.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:07 AM
Crusader

I wish that Playa had made a better balance between how fast my stat points increase and how fast the demon's difficulty increases.

I've reached a point (act 3, level 9, muscular muzzle) where I am averaging less than 11% damage per day. I've been at it for at least 2 months by now, and I'm down to only 73%. For the first 2 or 3 weeks I made no net progress at all.

So let's think about this. At the current rate, it will take me over 3 months of daily play to beat this one level, and any day I miss will add at least another 10 days.

"But you are leveling and your stat points are growing", you add.

This is true, but how fast? To increase my net damage from 1% per day to 2% per day will require me to increase my average damage from 11% to 12%, a 10% increase. How long will that take? It's hard to say, since it's a combination levels, stat points, dungeons, guild dungeons, etc. But I've got to believe it takes at least 2 months at levels above 300. So if at the beginning I'm doing net 1% damage per day or 100 days to beat the portal monster, at the end of 2 months I'll be doing only 2% damage per day or 50 days to beat the monster.

If previous experience holds, the next level will be at least 20% harder than this one. Meaning I'll probably go through at least a month or so of no net damage, followed by 1% for a month, then 2%. The level after that will probably be 2 months of no damage, and so on.

Let's hope the promised spring upgrades either bring faster leveling or something other than improved graphics to hold interest.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Stable Boy

the mechanic is broken I keep getting random days of 20 + regen

mine went from 34 to 56 its total bs
Old 02-05-2015, 07:40 AM
Community Manager

Could you please take screenshots before and after the reset and send them to leander@playa-support.com?

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 03-03-2015, 09:36 AM
Fidget's Griffin

It gets kinda wonky near the server daily reset, I caution against attacking until the next morning or evening
Old 03-07-2015, 11:16 AM
Crusader

There is definitely a bug regarding the clock. The display changes as if you can attack again at midnight local time, but if you try it will say you have already attacked unless you wait until midnight server time, which here is 2 or 3 hours later, depending on the state of daylight savings time.