Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Community Area

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Adventurer

I've played all sorts of MMOs. Wonderland, Galaxy, Freesky, Dungeon Runners, Dragon Oath, DOMO. All of them have their own flavors to try.

I tried to dl DDO, but it didn't take on my machine (no idea why) so too bad for Turbine. I really do enjoy my retro single player stuff though. Run that emulator to play old skool Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and Fire Emblem.

I try to stay away from Facebook games as they reward you for ignoring Real Life, which for a person trying to keep a job and develop their career in a forward motion, is practically suicide.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDude2 View Post
I try to stay away from Facebook games as they reward you for ignoring Real Life, which for a person trying to keep a job and develop their career in a forward motion, is practically suicide.
And I find that S&F is making me ignore RL enough as it is!! If there are games out there MORE effective than this, I'm frightened.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darstard View Post
And I find that S&F is making me ignore RL enough as it is!! If there are games out there MORE effective than this, I'm frightened.
Ya. sfgame: You are locked up for max 5 hours a day if you spend some serious cash. Also, arena has gold cap, and ten minute waits get tedious.

However, if you try the various war games you will find that waiting for ticks and logging on constantly to protect your alliance from potential attacks... UWARS... it can become quite cumbersome. It doesn't help that many of these games are not driven by donations at all but ad revenue which rewards developers for player hours logged. That means preventing you from the option of staying on 24 hours a day would be a FLAW in the program as it would reduce potential ad revenues.

I'd like to remind anyone in the audience that is planning on getting into a career that actually makes money at sometime in their life that even billionaire rappers don't play games all day. Games should be used to pass time when everything you need to do to earn that paper is DONE, and not "interrupted" so you can do your day job and keep breathing.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Sheep

Have you tried Suikoden tactics? That's a pretty good one, too. Actually, if I listed all of the games I'd tried and enjoyed, I would be writing a small book. I have been sucked into Facebooks, and agree. If you aren't careful, your time disappears!
Old 07-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandicia View Post
Have you tried Suikoden tactics? That's a pretty good one, too.
No. But I'm checking GameStop for availability now. XD
Old 07-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDude2 View Post
No. But I'm checking GameStop for availability now. XD
It's for PS2 at least. Don't know about other systems.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:32 PM
Adventurer

This weekend I started and beat Cave Story. A Metroidvania style game by Pixel, it is originally in Japanese but there is an English Translation available. Also, other translations available. It's that good a game that it's been translated many times.

It also fits well with sfgame because there are SO MANY SAVE POINTS and unlike other Indy games, it loads and unloads very quickly without a significant compile delay (on my 2006 Vista laptop, Toshiba medium grade). It IS addicting, however, so if you decide to forget about your thirst for adventure, remember that I warned you.

Read: Multiple endings, multiple decisions, and a whole lotta fun.

EDIT:
Whoa! I just tried to play Spelunky after playing many many hours of Cave Story. Cave Story is slow-paced and the control scheme relies on the down arrow and the jump button. Spelunky is the opposite. My Spelunky experience feels like I'm on Cave Story Crack. I think I need to lie down.

Last edited by BlueDude2; 07-21-2010 at 12:12 AM. Reason: ADDING MORE w/o bumping
Old 07-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Community Manager

What's your opinion on beat 'em ups and fighting games? I'm not talking about Double Dragon or other sidescrollers but the famous 1 on 1 fighting games. I've played many of them, popular ones and not so popular ones...

My opinion:

Street Fighter > Soul Calibur > Mortal Kombat > Tekken

I prefer Street Fighter. I grew up with Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat 1 and 2...then played Soul Calibur on the gamecube and PS3...and played Tekken for the first time today. SF2 is great and SF4 is even more great. I love the characters, moves and animations. Soul Calibur is nice, too but I simply prefer SF. Mortal Kombat does not have smooth moves like SF, everything's feels mechanic, robot-like...the only thing I really love are the fatalities. Tekken is a nice games (I only know Tekken 6) but I don't like the kind of combos nor the "realistic" feel. A fighting game should have hero-like moves, high jumps, fireballs...and lots of action. Tekken is way too realistic, standard fighting techniques...street fighting styles...there are some fantasy elements as well but ...

Can't wait to play Super Street Fighter 4 when it is released for PC!

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 07-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Kings Bounty, Age of Empires (original), StarCraft (waiting of SC2), and Majesty: The Kingdom Sim
Old 10-20-2010, 02:18 AM
Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Spore is pretty cool but only the idea and the editor. The rest is not that great. There should be another game...a sequel in which the game's potential is fully used.

I also think so.