Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default stat costs - spreadsheet formula anyone?

Hi,
I am trying to prepare an excel spreadsheet to help me deciding where to to with my stats.
The formula that I have found in the forums from Salverus isn't easily converted to excel.
Did anyone managed to do it, and is willing to share his knowledge?

Thanks.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Which formulas are you trying to convert? Some of the formulas, such as damage, are estimates at best. To convert something like damage to excel, you need to put something like the following in the cell where you want the calculation:
Quote:
=(A1*(1+B1/10)-C1/20)*(1-C2)
when A1 equals your minimum or maximum weapon damage, B1 equals your damage stat, C1 equals your enemy's level of the same stat, and when C2 equals the decimal equivalent of the enemy's armor percentage against you. This is just a really rough estimate though.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Truffle Shuffler

The formula I would like to have working is the one that can say the cost for buying a new increase in one of the attributes from the current attribute level.

i.e. I want to have a formula that given the current upgrade for a given attribute, I know how much I have to pay for to increase it.

The only formula I found is on this post and I couldn't convert it to a spreadsheet.
http://forum.sfgame.us/showthread.php?t=1525
Old 08-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Supreme Adventurer

=1.4040208882872*10^-8*X^4 + 3.6930271422249*10^-6*x^3 + 5.9513496615757*10^-4* x^2 + 0.02640991127077x + 0.3165665129046 and replace the x with the nth time that you are raising the stat. Excel just requires that you place "=" in front of any formula for it to do the math.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Ok, then I wasn't doing anything wrong previously.

I know this isn't the game formula, it is the hard work of many brain cells trying to reverse what the game gives us, but the result seems much more correct in the graph link on the formula post page than the values I am obtaining.

I have to work out a way to do this by rounding up the results instead of a regular round.

Won't be 100% but it will get close.

Thanks
Old 08-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Adventurer

Izar, I'm curious as to how you will use the spreadsheet. I understand the exercise, but the cost of your next stat purchase is displayed for you in the Character screen when you hover over the '+' button.
I'm not sure how you're going to use the spreadsheet to build a strategy. To my mind the strategy would be to want a character that has certain stats and then work towards them. Or are you looking at trying to calculate how to maximize stat spending based on a set amount of gold? Example - I just finished 10hrs of Guard Duty - which stats should I buy?

Excel Rounding functions:
=ROUND(<value>, <decimal places>) --- standard rounding: up for >=.5, down for <=.4, can specify at which decimal place to round using the 2nd parameter
=ROUNDUP(<value>, <decimal places>) -- rounds UP to the indicated # of decimal places - put 0 in as 2nd parameter if you want to round up to the next integer.

There's more examples of how to use these in Excel help.

Last edited by Darstard; 08-04-2010 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Added Excel functions
Old 08-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by izar View Post
Hi,
I am trying to prepare an excel spreadsheet to help me deciding where to to with my stats.
The formula that I have found in the forums from Salverus isn't easily converted to excel.
Did anyone managed to do it, and is willing to share his knowledge?

Thanks.
I don't think a spreadsheet is going to help you here.

What you need to do is sit down and weight all 5 of the stats: just determine the relative value of Str vs. Luck, etc. With those weightings, cause your stat costs to match your weightings.

So, if you think Str: Dex: Int: Con: Luck should be rated 1:2:3:4:5, then the price of your next Luck point should be 5x the cost of your next Strength point, and so on.

A spreadsheet isn't going to help you figure out how much each stat is worth to another.

Last edited by Charista; 08-04-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Well, a spreadsheet can be used several ways.
In this case, I want to use it to weight what is best for the character and the effect it has.
Let me try to explain it better.

I have already a spreadsheet that I have found in the german forum that weights the challenge that you face against another player.
It isn't 100% guaranteed (I already lost against a player that I had 98% change of winning) but it is an aid in planning a strategy.
I am trying to add to this the expense calculation to reach a player and defeat it.
In the S1 (US server) I am not having trouble right now, but in the PT server I am in a place that from what I see I cannot defeat any opponent near me.
I want to know why, and how much it costs to overcome that handicap.
I know that the other players are also active and playing, but at least I have a hint to know it the effort is worth or not.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Can you post the spreadsheet you found (or at least a link to it?).

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Hi,

Here is the original link (posted by Floep):
http://forum.sfgame.de/showthread.php?t=2477

I have translated it to english.
Just a warning, do a few try outs before using it.
And *specially* don't assume anything. As I have said before, I already lost against a 98% winning simulation.

As the name says... it is just a simulation!

Have fun with it.