Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Adventurer

You'll need up up that level of the opponents. Opponents of the same level are a cake walk; they form your daily bread in your quests. Even the dungeon monsters at your own level should be a breeze, considering you can defeat them when they are 10-80 levels higher than you (range increases with your own range). I think your forumla for generation could work, but you just need a PLUS XX rather than a minus.

Last edited by Darstard; 11-22-2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Added smiley
The Following User Says Thank You to Darstard For This Useful Post:
Fabao (11-22-2011)
Old 11-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darstard View Post
You'll need up up that level of the opponents. Opponents of the same level are a cake walk; they form your daily bread in your quests. Even the dungeon monsters at your own level should be a breeze, considering you can defeat them when they are 10-80 levels higher than you (range increases with your own range). I think your forumla for generation could work, but you just need a PLUS XX rather than a minus.
*facepalm*
Huge mistake, sorry.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Adventurer

No worries! Its little things like that can bite you in the bum. I added a smiley so I didn't seem like an old grump, because I didn't mean to be.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:24 PM

yeah i have learned that Darstard might look like an old grumpy dwarf but he is an old softy inside and the idea has some good pionts keep fleshing it out some

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following User Says Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
DominicS (11-22-2011)
Old 11-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Stable Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabao View Post
A guild with just one person would generate a dungeon where all enemies have the same base level of this one person. Which makes it nearly impossible to be completed.
Beating me to everything I think of!

Another idea could be to lower the chances of epic item drops for these dungeons alone, so that they can be an alternate (and mushroom expensive) source of experience for the entire guild. Instead of gaining honor from attacking another guild, you instead pay mushrooms to go into a dungeon where you have a chance of getting epics.

So like suggested, you could make the dungeon relatively hard to complete, and thereby limiting the amount of epics that are dropped. Or you can lower the droprate, so they can still be completed for experience at least.

Honestly, if the mushroom cost is high enough why should we prevent players from repeatedly completing these dungeons for epics? Is that so different from repeatedly cycling the shop until epics show up?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackhatnot For This Useful Post:
DominicS (11-24-2011), Fabao (11-24-2011)
Old 11-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Stable Boy

I like the idea of a randomly generated dungeon being generated for a cost of mushrooms for a guild to attack.

I don't like that the cost is fairly high considering that mushrooms are donated to the guild from a very small subset of the guild.

I don't like that epic items are generated for random members of the participating attacking force, again considering that the payment came from a small subset of the players.

I suggest something beneficial to the players paying, or to the guild as a whole or every participant. A small buff to Instructor or Treasure bonus for a few days perhaps. An item for every participant that grants 30 thirst one time.

With or without epic items, I would want to see guaranteed ROI for anyone that pays, even if it is small, on defeating the dungeon. There is no reason for one or two players to pay, the whole guild work together and someone random receive all of the rewards.
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbi For This Useful Post:
Fabao (11-24-2011)
Old 11-24-2011, 07:27 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbi View Post
I don't like that the cost is fairly high considering that mushrooms are donated to the guild from a very small subset of the guild.
Nothing is set on stone, the cost suggested is based on my own personal experience with the weapon and magic shops.
Like I said, I had to use around a hundred mushrooms to get one epic to show up on the magic shop, today I used another 25 mushrooms in each shop and didn't find anything useful (epic or not).

Making it cheaper than refreshing the shop would probably hurt Playa's bussiness, and that's not my intention.

Quote:
I don't like that epic items are generated for random members of the participating attacking force, again considering that the payment came from a small subset of the players.
I know a lot of people will feel the same way, but helping those who can't afford mushrooms is one of the main goals of my suggestion.

I'm by far the highest donator of my guild, with a little over 2k mushrooms donated, and I'd love to be able to donate more to help my guildmates to progress, but I don't have this option.
Sure I can spare a hundred mushrooms every week just to search for epics for myself, and maybe find one or two epics doing that. But if I had the option, I'd rather use those same mushrooms to start a treasure hunt because the possibility of finding up to 10 epics for my guildmates sounds a lot better than just getting a couple just for myself.
Of course there's the chance of getting only one epic from the last boss, or being defeated before the last boss and not getting anything. There's also the possibility of giving free epics for lvl 10 members who never donated anything and not getting for me, but I think it's worth it. This is a lot more fun to me than just refreshing the shop goods a hundred times.

Quote:
I suggest something beneficial to the players paying, or to the guild as a whole or every participant. A small buff to Instructor or Treasure bonus for a few days perhaps. An item for every participant that grants 30 thirst one time.
I suggested an extra thirst feature in another topic, but I don't think donators should get any extra benefits. The whole point of donating is to help the guild as a whole.

Disclaimer: This is my personal view of the game and the whole donating thing. It was never my intention to imply that my views are right and yours are wrong, I'm just trying to explain my reasoning for the suggestion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fabao For This Useful Post:
DominicS (11-24-2011)
Old 11-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Stable Boy

I'm not intending to discount your own opinion. Only adding my own. It seems like there is a lot of support for your idea and if were implemented I certainly participate in the dungeons with or without rewards.

However, I wouldn't ever donate mushrooms unless I personally gained a return on the investment.

Donating mushrooms for a guild to level from 25 to 50 has a reward for the entire guild. Each level of Instructor or Treasure gives EVERY member including the donor a bonus.

A random item given to a random player is of very little value... even to the player who receives it. Rewards like +30 thirst or a +% to Gold/Treasure for 10-20 hours are more more enticing. It rewards everyone who participated evenly including the donor.

---
Perhaps personal dungeons would be more fun, and after starting one the player could ask guild and friends to join the fight. Then the player who paid for the fight would win the final level-even item while participants earned random items or participant prizes. It seems like that would be riddled with abuse, but I think someone would find away to abuse the guild version as well.