Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 05-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Why are Warriors so weak?

I thought all classes were supposed to be equal? Sure..Warriors are supposed to have the advantage over Mages, Mages over Scouts, and Scouts over Warriors, but Warriors seem by an inferior class.

For example...

I am a level 156 Warrior and have 104,420 average damage, 1,591,195 HP and 19.9% critical

my friend is a level 151 Scout and has 120,813 average damage, 1,725,000 HP and 31.59% critical

So he is 5 levels lower, has way more damage, more HP, and much more critical chance, AND the fact he can evade me 50% of the time, and I can only block him 25% of the time, this means I cannot possibly win

Side note - we have both only done XP quests too, so there has been no character improving with gold

It's such a significant advantage the other classes have, my guild just did a raid, the level 151 Scout took 5 million HP from the boss, a level 158 Mage took 5 million HP from the boss, and I took...1 million.

And a level 37 Scout told me he just beat a level 73 Warrior..lol
Old 05-23-2011, 11:40 PM
Wannabe Griffin

I'm sure someone else will make a more lengthy post why this is not true, but I will simply refer you to the top 15 of s1. 10 out of 15 are warriors. No class is inferior, it all depends on how you play and your build.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:24 AM
Supreme Adventurer

With no clue as to your friend's character name, nor yours, it is hard to pinpoint the exact reason. However, it sounds like you have low constitution, strength, and luck compared to your friend. Very low constitution, might I add. As for critical chance, his percentage is going to be wrong when fighting you. The amount listed on the character screen is the amount when fighting someone of equal level to yourself. If you hover your mouse cursor over the actual %, you will see that it really depends on the level of your enemy.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:01 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimryel View Post
I'm sure someone else will make a more lengthy post why this is not true, but I will simply refer you to the top 15 of s1. 10 out of 15 are warriors. No class is inferior, it all depends on how you play and your build.
They are, but if you look, they are all over level 250 and 260, there is only 3 non-warrior characters over level 250.

it is clear though, that will the same amount of gold invested, warriors are much weaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
With no clue as to your friend's character name, nor yours, it is hard to pinpoint the exact reason. However, it sounds like you have low constitution, strength, and luck compared to your friend. Very low constitution, might I add. As for critical chance, his percentage is going to be wrong when fighting you. The amount listed on the character screen is the amount when fighting someone of equal level to yourself. If you hover your mouse cursor over the actual %, you will see that it really depends on the level of your enemy.
My name is the same on here, and the friends name I was referring too is iceman66

I actually pump the majority of my gold into strength and to be honest, I seem to have more constitution that most warriors my level and yeah the luck is different, but it only brings it down around 1%

Last edited by Bullbound; 05-24-2011 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Please use "Edit" instead of double post
Old 05-24-2011, 01:28 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Your friend has 2 big pots, a Potion of Eternal Life and more balanced stats while you have only small potions and no PoEL (+25% HP makes a big difference for warriors), of course he is stronger then you.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:57 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andypearce View Post
I thought all classes were supposed to be equal? Sure..Warriors are supposed to have the advantage over Mages, Mages over Scouts, and Scouts over Warriors, but Warriors seem by an inferior class.
And that explains why tehre are 9 Warriors, 5 Scouts, and 1 Mage on the top page of the HoF.

Of course, you're just wrong. And I have 9500 Victories that give me the experience to make that statement.

All classes are balanced. Mages have only 10 % armor and no chance to avoid Warrior attacks. Warrior armor and block does not decrease Mage damage. The balance is in the Weapon damage and Class base HP. Warrior weapon damage is balanced such that when reduced by 10% (Mage Armor) it on average removes the same amount of HP as a percentage of teh MAge HP bar as the Mage strips off the much larger Warrior HP bar.

The Scout vs. Mage equations are similarly balanced. I can just rewrite the above and replace "block" wiht "dodge".

While both are balanced against the Mage, they might not be balanced against each other. You need something different to balance Warrior vs. Scout that will not interfere with the Mage vs. Warrior and MAge vs. Scout balance. And that is... block and dodge. By carefully manipulating the block and dodge rates, the Warrior and Scout can be easily balanced.

It is just math, specifically statistics.

That said, Nim has it right. No one without a PoEL really has much of a hope against someone with a PoEL over many attacks. The PoEL increases your HP by 25%, so if you were evenly matched before, he now survives 25% longer against your attacks, than you do against his. That is a big shift.

A weapon with a broad damage range (ie. 600-1400 ~1000) can overcome that POEL every once in a while, but if your range is small (ie. 990-1010 ~1000), you can never roll well enough to do 25% more damage than your opponent. If you both are evenly matched, and both have small range weapons, then taht PoEL will ensure that he wins every single fight.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:40 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Of course the POEL is a big difference, but take into account that he has over 50% HP left most of the time...but even when he doesn't have have a POEL, he will beat me 90% of the time, because he still has more damage, nearly double my chance to critical, and 90% of the HP that I have...and can block (evade) me twice more than I can do him...

Ok, I am hitting a scout, and they "should" be beating me, so how about when I am hitting a EvilTrace who is a mage and only XP quests too, and only taking her down to 50% of her HP most of the time? and Warriors are supposed to be strong against mages
Old 05-24-2011, 03:54 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Again, compared to you EvilTrace has a PoEL and two big pots. That's an extra 700 stats and 25% more HP, a huge difference. When fighting classes other then your own a higher constitution is generally preferred, this is especially true for warriors.

Last edited by Nimryel; 05-24-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:17 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimryel View Post
Again, compared to you EvilTrace has a PoEL and two big pots. That's an extra 700 stats and 25% more HP, a huge difference. When fighting classes other then your own you need a higher constitution is generally preferred, this is especially true for warriors.
I have pots on too normally, apart from a POEL, I don't right now because I am not questing for 12 hours, yes it is 25% of HP, but in the last few fights I have only took her to 50% life, so even with the 25% removed from the POEL, it still leaves a big chunk left.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:23 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Some constitution numbers: A warrior's hp is Constitution*5*(Level+1). A scout's hp is Constitution*5*(Level+1). The extra 25% potion of your friend makes a big difference. If you both had 100 constitution, your hp would be 78,000 at level 156. At level 151, your friend's hp is at 60,800 before adding in the PoEL. Add in the PoEL and it rises to 76,000. That is with even constitution amounts.

As for not being able to hit the scout, yes, that 50% can be a tide turner. It can also be disastrous to the scout, when they don't get it. Each attack, for both the warrior and scout, is calculated independently of all others when determining block and dodge, so you can have multiple dodges or blocks in a row. This becomes real life luck, not some game mechanic of luck. In theory, a level 1 scout could do 1 damage (minimum damage) over and over until a level 200 is dead, while always dodging. The chance of this happening though, are extremely slim.