Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 12-31-2011, 01:15 AM
Stable Boy

Default Shrooms and thirst

Though of a possible way to level the playing field a bit between shroomers and non-shroomers:

Instead of allowing players to purchase beers to go over 100 thirst, mushrooms can instead be used to shuffle the available quests they have. This way, if a player is unlucky enough to have all three quests be really low exp quests (or really low gold quests if they like those), they have the option of refreshing their available quests. Much like the way the shops work right now.

If this were to be implemented, then of course the general quality of quest rewards should be increased so that leveling doesn't become much slower. You could either increase all quest rewards by a factor of 3 (to compensate for players having only a third of the total thirst they can spend for a day), or adjust the required experience to level up. Both methods work, but I'd imagine it to a be a lot less hassle to just ramp up quest rewards as opposed to changing every level's required experience.

To balance this a little bit (yes, I believe shroomers should have a little bit of an edge because they pay), the chances of epics showing up in shops could be increased. Maybe to the rate during the special epic weekend.

I believe this gives non-shroomers a much better chance at actually competing. Shroomers should still get an edge because they have the option of refreshing terrible quest choices, plus having the option to spend shrooms to get a new set of epics whenever they feel like.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:46 AM
Stable Boy

thats a good idea,because sometimes all 3 quests sucks
Old 12-31-2011, 03:54 AM
Voluntary Forum Moderator

Interesting Idea..
Ignoring the HUGE difference easy to find epics and therefore faster dungeon completion would have on the first 150 levels. Shroomers would still have an insurmountable edge. Since xp rewards seem to vary about + or - 50% of an average. Someone who would normally spend 10 thirst and get an extra 200% xp would now only get an extra 25%ish. Hard core shroomers would get an extra 50%ish and really hardcore doing only red quests would get an extra 100%ish.
While the gap between the Non payer and the casual payer would close, the gap between the casual payer and the hardcore payer would widen enormously.

Last edited by DeadMeat; 12-31-2011 at 03:57 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:29 AM
Stable Boy

Good point about the hardcore payers, DeadMeat; I buy a lot of shrooms myself but not enough to consider the possibility of players flipping through quests and only doing the red ones. This raises another issue, I suppose: should players be allowed to do so if they are willing to pay a lot of money per month?

The intent of my suggestion was to kinda balance things a little bit between payers and non-payers. Now I think my suggestion only serves to balance things a little bit between the non-payers and casual payers.

A possible way to deal with the discrepancy between the hardcore and the casual that this suggestion will cause can be to limit the amount of quest refreshes available to the player per day. So instead of giving players the option to dish out 10 additional mushrooms a day for three times the original amount of questing, a player is instead given the option of dishing out 50 (semi-arbitrary number) mushrooms for a chance at better quests.

But yes, the idea is that instead of a flat out 200% increase in experience per day, shroomers instead get a choice to replace the really bad quests and/or bet shrooms for better quests.

Last edited by blackhatnot; 12-31-2011 at 05:30 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:40 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Here's a thought. Why should the playing field be leveled? Personally, I don't see the non-shroom players supporting the server so the game can stay around, so I say let the buyers get some benefit. While I think the ability to get new quests would be great, I say keep the thirst benefits too.
DeadMeat (01-02-2012)
Old 12-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Adventurer

It all comes down to time and money.

Invest some money and time, get 300 thirst. Invest more money, quickly finish the 300 thirst.
While I wouldn't use it myself (unless I just needed that extra million or something), I see nothing wrong with being able to refresh quests for a better one.