Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 06-25-2013, 01:09 PM
Mushroom Collector

I might rather suggest reopening servers 1 and 2 with active characters only. The classification could be done by including only players who ahave active mounts/pots. Of course everything would stay the same (levels, guilds..). That way, servers would attract people because there would be about 500 players on each server, and newbies would compete for the places in top 100, and guilds would recruit newbies because of lacking the players. It would eventually increase the population and competitiveness. Even I would create chars on that server because I could compete with other newbies.
Give me feedback on this one.
S2. UK - Jovansa- Hunter/Scout
S28. DE -StormRage- Magician
Old 06-25-2013, 06:31 PM

Any one can compete on any server if they are willing to take the time and money if you want do so. I have played on s2 (now retired) in the about 14-18 months I played there I made it to HoF rank of about 30and level 299. On s1 I am level 302 and at my best was ranked in the mid 20's same amount of playing time.

That being said it is not so much about the rank and level you are then it is being with a group of people that you enjoy playing the game with. So pick your server(s) and have fun.

All they need to do is change the default server say maybe every 2 weeks

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 06-25-2013 at 09:22 PM. Reason: added content
Old 06-26-2013, 04:00 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Any one can compete on any server if they are willing to take the time and money if you want do so. I have played on s2 (now retired) in the about 14-18 months I played there I made it to HoF rank of about 30and level 299. On s1 I am level 302 and at my best was ranked in the mid 20's same amount of playing time.

That being said it is not so much about the rank and level you are then it is being with a group of people that you enjoy playing the game with. So pick your server(s) and have fun.

All they need to do is change the default server say maybe every 2 weeks
Well, thats right. As soon as you learn to enjoy the game, rank wont mean much, and thats what are games made for
S2. UK - Jovansa- Hunter/Scout
S28. DE -StormRage- Magician
Old 07-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Stable Boy

its nto even about comp[eteing its about having other people to play with . right now we have like several hundred guilds with 1-5 active people at most
Old 08-31-2014, 10:09 AM
Blacksmith

My idea to increase the activity of old servers is that playa could improve the HoF with more search filters, one of them could be filtering all the active players (whose last log-in is at most 7 days to the current time) to the top of HoF. This way new players who join the server could easily find other new active players like them, unlike now, when one joins a server, he's surrounded by hundreds of inactive (dead) toons.

And then, if possible, Playa should delete all non-shrooms purchased accounts from level 1-10 to make more room for new players, and let them choose which server to join when they first register.

For the server merging issue, I have an idea which is creating a link between servers, once a day or a week, guilds from one server can choose to attack another guild from different servers for experience reward, and no honor is involved. This will probably make the game more interactive, hopefully.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godevil View Post
My idea to increase the activity of old servers is that playa could improve the HoF with more search filters, one of them could be filtering all the active players (whose last log-in is at most 7 days to the current time) to the top of HoF. This way new players who join the server could easily find other new active players like them, unlike now, when one joins a server, he's surrounded by hundreds of inactive (dead) toons.

And then, if possible, Playa should delete all non-shrooms purchased accounts from level 1-10 to make more room for new players, and let them choose which server to join when they first register.

For the server merging issue, I have an idea which is creating a link between servers, once a day or a week, guilds from one server can choose to attack another guild from different servers for experience reward, and no honor is involved. This will probably make the game more interactive, hopefully.
Problem with removing lvl 1-10 inactives is that makes filling scracpbooks for new players and older players who haven't finished filling them. As for linking servers I like the idea but currently servers have no way of being connected but I suggest putting that idea into suggestions section of forum.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 08-31-2014, 06:57 PM
Blacksmith

@Bobo: yea you're right, I forgot about the scrapbook issue, but I really hope the HoF will be upgrade and we can have more interaction with other servers.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Sheep

I too would love to see some server merges happening.
Server 1 could merge with server 2, server 3 with server 4 and so on... Could work, if it's technically possible.

Or, in the future, they could at least promote the latest servers instead of releasing new ones
Old 09-03-2014, 10:31 AM
Sheep

As an S9 fangirl I would personally dislike it if a bunch of people started bringing their S1-3 toons over to the newest (and obviously most happenin')servers - "high level" means something completely different on older servers, so it'd be like watching a herd of giant killer robot Tyrannosaurs invade an Ewok village. Even less fun would be merging new servers with old ones - for most S9-10 guilds it would mean dropping about 200 HoF ranks in one go, and then seeing half their Ewoks get lured away by Tyrannosaur guilds with 70% better bonuses and 40 giant-killer-robot members that could each individually take down their whole Ewok guild. Which would be kind of demoralizing, I expect.

The effect would obviously be less extreme if you merged 1-2 3-4 etc like Teenage Ghoul Scout suggests, but I would still say leave the servers as they are and then, yes, send new players to random servers.... and if you don't like your server...I dunno, try a different one! Like... S9! I'm just saying. For example. :cough:

Zaj
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zaj For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (09-03-2014), Seelenfeuer (09-04-2014)
Old 09-04-2014, 12:01 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

There are numerous issues preventing easy server merging, some detailed above, and not simply technical means either. The complexity of server mergers could be negated, or their need at least delayed, by Playa Games rebalancing the way new accounts are created and archiving old ones to archival servers.
The Following User Says Thank You to iTZKooPA For This Useful Post:
Zaj (09-09-2014)