Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 3 > Small Talk

Notices

Small Talk Events, congratulations, announcements...

Old 12-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Stable Boy

Default Grow the H#ll UP

Sending unsolicied invites to other peoples entire guilds is just rude and douchie so knock it the heck off

furthermore if i propose if a guild does it to your guild you post it here and everyone should either bombard there guild with attacks
The Following User Says Thank You to lspiderl For This Useful Post:
Lady Java (02-23-2012)
Old 12-20-2011, 08:35 PM
Voluntary Forum Moderator

As far as I can tell there is only two reasons to join a guild ever. Bonuses and/or fun and friendship. If the player is after bonuses (often a shroomer) then they will leap frog from guild to guild as fast as there levels allow till they join a top 2 guild. There is very little you can do about it as when you are paying real life money you want the best bang for your buck. If they join a guild for fun and friendship they are almost impossible to recruit and rightly so. I have seen officers in charge of battles, tracking, advice, Scrapbook, treasures, strongmen, revenge and being high level. The most underrated officer duty is the simplest, Saying Hi. If you can get members to engage with you and with each other it can forms bonds, bonds that a extra 4% gold/xp cannot break.
Sending unsolicited mail to recruit is a allowable part of the game and the result pretty decides the top guild. The fact that a someone wants ALL of your guild and not just cherry-picking the high levels speaks very highly of your guild.

As for revengeifing people who send invites do you propose guild attacks or attacks against individuals as I see the former to be unweildy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeadMeat For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (12-20-2011), iTZKooPA (12-20-2011)
Old 12-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Stable Boy

Ive got 0 problem with people offering guild mergers to guild leadership which the leadership can choose to accept or turn down however some player just sending guild invites to me and my entire guild without ever talking to me or my officers or anyone he sent an invite to is just plain rude and childish Ive had merger invites from dozens of guilds and they were polite and respectful and i discussed them with my guildmates and we universaly decided that were not interested and politely let them down often offering a hand of potential alliance if they like

however ive now had three guilds this week just randomly send invites to me and all my members without so much as a word to anyone and this is the specific issue to chich i refer . as for the option of revenge attacks they would obviously be either against the offending guild or the offending guilds leaders

Last edited by iTZKooPA; 12-21-2011 at 06:27 AM. Reason: content
Old 12-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Supreme Adventurer

If you are getting offers, it means folks want you and your guild. Yes, it is rude. However, it often happens to those that make it higher in the rankings.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:53 AM
Blacksmith

i have recruited more than half of my guild from other guilds. recruiting is part of the game. people get frustrated with their guild for various reasons and jump all the time. i just picked up a guy from a guild that has attacked mine and lost three times. i guess he figured if you can not beat them join them. i had this other guy beg me to let him join and one day later he was gone. he jumped to a higher ranked guild. if it bothers you so much maybe you could put a message on your guild page about it to deter future requests. just an idea. good luck and do not let it get to you.

Last edited by ralff; 12-21-2011 at 03:56 AM. Reason: used the wrong there/their
Old 12-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Stable Boy

agian the problem isnt valid attempts to recruit like sending a message and talking to people etc

the rude and douchie move is when they jsut send invites to everyone in your guild w/o saying a word to anyone

were not talking about them sending an in game mail inviting us to join them were talking they just hit invite on there guild page to all of our members

Last edited by lspiderl; 12-21-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:28 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspiderl View Post
agian the problem isnt valid attempts to recruit like sending a message and talking to people etc

the rude and ******* move is when they jsut send invites to everyone in your guild w/o saying a word to anyone

were not talking about them sending an in game mail inviting us to join them were talking they just hit invite on there guild page to all of our members
See my answer above. It happens. Folks don't send letters. It is rude. It happens. It just means you and yours are viewed as wanted. Just ignore it, because it fills up their members list.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Sheep

Thumbs up Merging offenses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspiderl View Post
Sending unsolicied invites to other peoples entire guilds is just rude and douchie so knock it the heck off

furthermore if i propose if a guild does it to your guild you post it here and everyone should either bombard there guild with attacks
I will refer you to a post I made in MERGERS section a week or so back:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redda View Post
Ok, so I guess I'm still fairly new at this whole "guild leader" thing... I pursued a merger and kind of succeeded, and feel horrible about the whole thing now.

The Background:
I was cruising through guilds looking for a target guild that we had room for that I could extend an offer of merger to. Mind you, this is met with contempt and disdain 85% of the time, but I gotta keep offering.

Anyhow, I come across this guild with 5-6 members in the mid- to high- pre-100's. Its a good target. I look at the members, and it APPEARS to have two or so ACTIVE members and likely an INACTIVE guild leader (no pots, and I can't remember if he had mount or not, but I think not)! OH, JOY!... Ugh. Based on my analysis, I decide that messaging the WHOLE GUILD the merger offer would be more productive than just messaging the inactive GM, so that's just what I do. I message EVERY member, officer, & GM -- even the ones I assume are inactive.

The Results:

The only two active players (and top two leveled players, aside from GM) leave the guild and join mine (yay!). THEN, a day later, the GM messages me back and says, "no thanks" or "I don't think so" or something. In shock, I message him back my apologies and try to explain that I mistook him for inactivity, etc. I offer him to reconsider and let him know that we'd love to have him also, etc. etc. etc. He comes back with "what's your problem, dude. Just play." or the like.

Am I off base to be somewhat disgusted for myself for ROBBING this poor guild's two best players and leaving that GM with NADA? Oiy-vey. I'd almost give them back if I could, but how do you do that? They're not CATTLE. :P They made the choice to join...

My Request:
Anyhow, I'm curious if anyone has come across this before...? Do you have processes/practices in place to avoid it (or, conversely, do you INTENTIONALLY employ such strategies, etc). Curious how others have approached and handled in the past.

Help me SALVE my guilt!?!?!
We all screw up now and again when recruiting. I TRY to always send a message to someone at the same time as I send the invite... You know, to explain why I invited them. However, sometimes I get interrupted and forget, etc.

I see several others have made some eloquent points also! Recruiting from other guilds is an unfortunate truth to this game. I've had a couple members move up, and I see they made it to a "better" guild (rank, bonuses, whatever), and I just message them a well-wish and tell them they're always welcome back if they change their mind. So far, no takers.

Goodluck! As the others said, take it as a compliment when YOU and/or YOUR MEMBERS are desired. Consider it even BIGGER compliment when they STAY!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redda For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (12-25-2011), DeadMeat (12-24-2011)
Old 12-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Stable Boy

except the differnce is a valid invite to merge vs blanket inviting to try and steal members
Old 12-29-2011, 01:51 PM

Try thinking of it this way if your guild mates are as close as you hope, no one will leave for one and I have noticed only noobs recruit that way and if I was not a guild leader which I never leave my guilds I would't accecpt any invite that was sent out that way not knowing how long they will stick around nor have they come up with a good way of recruiting. I am sure your guild mates think somwhere around the same lines.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following User Says Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
solarrocker (01-01-2012)