Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 07-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Stable Boy

Send a message via Skype™ to Azkasha

It is also possible that he bought 50%- mounts for the next year or 2.

That would give him a lot of gold to buy more stats.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Truffle Shuffler

I forgot to mention that his honor was stable at about 12000 while I was attacking him and gaining myself the honor until I could not gain more. Then, suddenly, his stats raised to the sky and his honor to more than 18000! Btw, he is stagnating now for two days, his level is 82, and his stats are about the same. Anyway...

So, everyone gave their best to present their knowledge and experience in proving that it is possible to make such enormous improvement in just one day (my second post explains it was not four days, but one or two at most).

My only conclusion after all this should (probably) be that it could (probably) be possible, and that I should not bother myself with this anymore, but what puzzles me is that no one showed any effort to analyze the opposite.

Are you suggesting that there is no (recorded) cheating in this game? Is this game bullet proof? When I suspect cheating in the future, like in this example, do you all suggest that I should not report it to the support team?

Also, what you do when you notice similar names, for example, brat1, brat2, brat3, etc. in the same guild, or another example, bratgoblin, bratwarrior, bratmage...? (the names in examples are fictitious!) Doesn't that suggest the same person using more than one account? Or, there is a logical explanation of that phenomenon, too?
Old 07-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Supreme Adventurer

There has been lots of cheating. However, the cheaters are caught as fast as they can be. When you find someone that you suspect of cheating, you want to report them as detailed in the Terms. This means clicking the "Support" button on the top of the game screen and filling in the details. The support team then investigates and will not inform you of the results. However, many are not willing to report someone if there is a chance that they are not cheating.

As for the presence of multiple accounts, you need to check to see if they are active. When they are caught, Playa does not delete the accounts, so you will still find them. However, if they are active then use the same method of reporting as with cheaters.
DeadMeat (07-02-2012), dralalala (07-02-2012), Priam (07-24-2012)
Old 07-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dralalala View Post

Are you suggesting that there is no (recorded) cheating in this game? Is this game bullet proof? When I suspect cheating in the future, like in this example, do you all suggest that I should not report it to the support team?
I would suggest that a player who was cheating wouldn't stagnate, rapidly rise to level 82, and then stagnate again. Are you suggesting that he figured out how to hack into the game just for the pleasure of beating you, then lost interest? I would think that a player that had hacked the game would be going after much higher rated players.

As others have noted above, it sounds like you ticked off an inactive player enough for him to put on a burst of activity for the express purpose of teaching you a lesson. Once he did so, he went on to other things.

Quote:
Also, what you do when you notice similar names, for example, brat1, brat2, brat3, etc. in the same guild, or another example, bratgoblin, bratwarrior, bratmage...? (the names in examples are fictitious!) Doesn't that suggest the same person using more than one account? Or, there is a logical explanation of that phenomenon, too?
Yours is one possible explanation. It is also possible that a group of friends or brothers and sisters all decided to join simultaneously and thought it would be cool to have related names. Yours is the more likely explanation, but it does not exclude mine. I'm sure both have happened.

We live in a society where a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty. Your evidence is circumstantial. Whether Playa chooses to investigate further is up to them.

Last edited by spiny norman; 07-02-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Although it isn't easy to judge (the stats you wrote in your first post let too much room for speculation. you would have to write down the core basic stats for that) I would say it is absolutly possible to get this increase.

But then there are two things involved: Potions AND epics.

In the first statsline the character have no potion of eternal Life in the second there is at least this involved(at least this can be proven mathematicly). I guess that he/she waited for the right moment to go for the dungeons held some potions back for the right moment and get some down in this days (at least 3 maybe 4 or more). There was also an remarkable increase in Dex, Const and Luck, this and the 200+ point for strength/intelligence makes me believe there were new epics involved.
2-3 @all maybe 2 three stats and maybe one luck, and some invested money for the basic. But this will be a shot in the blue without having enough information.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Finally some more productive discussion from Bullbound, spiny norman and Gumb, thanks! :)

To spiny norman - you sound a bit like Captain Hindsight - when I started this thread, I could not know that he would stagnate, right? ;)

Also, I do not feel offended in any way by "him giving me a lesson", I took from him much more gold and honor before he took back just 73 honor and 4 silver! I have no reason at all to be angry or to seek revenge.

I am not the one who like to report people, that is why I wanted a discussion and advice before taking any actions. I just strongly resent cheaters, especially in games.

Last edited by dralalala; 07-02-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dralalala View Post
Finally some more productive discussion from Bullbound, spiny norman and Gumb, thanks!

To spiny norman - you sound a bit like Captain Hindsight - when I started this thread, I could not know that he would stagnate, right?

Also, I do not feel offended in any way by "him giving me a lesson", I took from him much more gold and honor before he took back just 73 honor and 4 silver! I have no reason at all to be angry or to seek revenge.

I am not the one who like to report people, that is why I wanted a discussion and advice before taking any actions. I just strongly resent cheaters, especially in games.
If you don't think it is proper to report a cheater, then why even ask about it? If you want folks to stop cheating, then the behavior has to have ramifications. Depending on Playa to be the only police force means that a lot will get past them, and folks will learn how to avoid their detection. Players that want the game to be clean, do have to act to keep it such from time to time. It is a part of all massive multiplayer games that folks do not like to admit. Companies can only do so much, have so many eyes, and so many tools. The players may not have the same tools, but they do have many more eyes.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
Depending on Playa to be the only police force means that a lot will get past them, and folks will learn how to avoid their detection. Players that want the game to be clean, do have to act to keep it such from time to time. It is a part of all massive multiplayer games that folks do not like to admit. Companies can only do so much, have so many eyes, and so many tools.
Although I think I am just pointing out the obvious here, Playa makes their money from one source only: people buying mushrooms. They thus have little incentive to go out searching for people who are cheating, especially if the cheaters are shroomers. If they kick someone out, they not only lose that person as a customer, but may tick off his guildmates as well. So I really doubt it is a high priority for them. It certainly is not on soccerstar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dralalala
To spiny norman - you sound a bit like Captain Hindsight - when I started this thread, I could not know that he would stagnate, right?
Your point? you seem to have placed some significance in the fact that he was stagnant, had a burst of activity, then became stagnant again. I simply pointed out that it was possible that his annoyance at your action that caused him to undertake this burst of training.
Quote:
sorry, I was just following up on the tone you set in an earlier post:
Quote:
He attacked me first on June 27 and he lost (I was level 58). I like to "punish" such players by repeatedly attacking them after their initial attack. I gain victories, honour and gold, without feeling guilty. They started first!
He attacked you once, you escalated big time, and it looks to me like he decided to swat you back down. Although in this case I'd think he would have attacked you more than once. The alternative explanation is that he doesn't give a damn about you, and that your name popped up randomly as he spun the wheel in the arena.

Last edited by spiny norman; 07-02-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:34 PM

I am seeing some that want the game to be as clean as possible but I also see the sameppl are reluctant to report suspected cheaters. The worse that happens is nothing because there was no cheating the best the supected cheater was caught and won't be cheating anymore. If enough of them get caught the fewer that will think about doing the same later.

As Gumb said without more info on base stats what potions the player had equipment like how many epics etc before and after the big stat increase all we can do is assume and come up with ways it is possible to get the increase. Are there ways to cheat and get the stat increase I am sure there is what they are who knows besides hacking into the server to increase them.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 07-05-2012, 07:03 AM
Blacksmith

i know the question has pretty much been answered but just for fun i would like to say i did level 10 times in a 48 hours period once by beating a ridiculous amount of dungeon bosses in a row. it took a bunch of shrooms and some new equipment in the right places. i realize that probably does not happen to often and i have played around with my stats a lot before settling on my current path. just another example of how it is possible he did it without cheating. with cheating? i do not know since i do not know how to cheat in this game.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.