Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-04-2012, 12:34 AM
jabroni jabroni is offline
Sheep
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 69
Default Guild shroom ideas - we need them

Ok so our S3 guild cannot attack anyone anymore causing this game to get even more boring and we have 2000 shrooms getting stale...

Anything would be better than the one option we have now (after the bonuses are maxed) which is that stupid, useless, waste of catapult. With that in mind here are some suggestions from me to not only try and make guild life a bit more interesting, but maybe SNF can make some money getting us to donate (and purchase) more shrooms to the guild..

My off the cuff ideas in the middle of the night?

Retry a guild dungeon or battle you just missed winning (once) - spend 15 or so shrooms and 10min later retry that last battle that you think you should have won. (you can shroom the arena individually every 10 min so one guild retry wont break the game mechanics)

Premium guild coat of arms like the golden frame individual players can buy. Give us some cool clothes to spend money on like a girl at the mall! We dont care about being frugal, we just want to look good!

or... (wait for it) let us use shrooms in the catapult against guild dungeons. I have heard the excuses as to why they decided not to do this, but if they implement the same rules as they have for guiild battles, I cant see it being too much of a game imbalance. it just means the shrooms will be spent on the weakest dungeon monsters just like the guild battles. I mean cmon wont you love to curse the game out watching your catapult waste itself on the first 3 monsters?

Want something really crazy? how about the ability to attack guilds across servers with shrooms. That would be fun. I know, developer's nightmare, but Im just throwing things against the wall to see what sticks.

And you know what, even though Im in a #1 guild I might even be open to giving all guilds that are not #1 an advantage in guild shrooms, just to shake things up.

I dont think any of these would give shrooming guilds any more of an advantage that they dont already have and might make the game a bit more interesting. Cause this thing is really starting to die...

Last edited by jabroni; 07-04-2012 at 12:36 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jabroni For This Useful Post:
DeadMeat (07-04-2012), Gynx (07-04-2012), iTZKooPA (07-05-2012)
  #2  
Old 07-04-2012, 04:00 AM
DeadMeat DeadMeat is offline
Voluntary Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 297
Lightbulb

I do enjoy a good suggestion thread. As a player in a similar situation here is my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni View Post
Anything would be better than the one option we have now (after the bonuses are maxed) which is that stupid, useless, waste of catapult.
I do like the "boing" noise it makes but its ability to influence the outcome of a battle is disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni View Post
Premium guild coat of arms like the golden frame individual players can buy. Give us some cool clothes to spend money on like a girl at the mall! We dont care about being frugal, we just want to look good
I really like this idea but if a character frame costs 1000 mushrooms what will a Gold Guild User Interface cost? My guess would be 3000 mushrooms. Alternatively maybe there could be multiple coat of Arms elements that can only be purchased separately with mushrooms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni View Post
Want something really crazy? how about the ability to attack guilds across servers with shrooms. That would be fun. I know, developer's nightmare, but Im just throwing things against the wall to see what sticks.
To keep things fair maybe you can only attack servers that were opened BEFORE your current server. I don't think it would be fair for a guild on brand new server to be attacked by guilds from german server 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni View Post
And you know what, even though Im in a #1 guild I might even be open to giving all guilds that are not #1 an advantage in guild shrooms, just to shake things up.
I am not sure if I am interpreting this paragraph correctly but I think that all guilds should have access to any new advantages. I believe that being #1 is its own reward and should not get any exclusive benefits .
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadMeat For This Useful Post:
jabroni (07-04-2012)
  #3  
Old 07-04-2012, 06:37 AM
Bullbound Bullbound is offline
Supreme Adventurer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni View Post
Retry a guild dungeon or battle you just missed winning (once) - spend 15 or so shrooms and 10min later retry that last battle that you think you should have won. (you can shroom the arena individually every 10 min so one guild retry wont break the game mechanics)
That is a bit cheap, when you think about it. Beating a personal dungeon gives you a 1 time reward whereas a guild dungeon gives continuous rewards over the length of time that the guild exists. I could see them doing something like reducing the time until you fight the dungeon though, for a hefty price.

Quote:
Premium guild coat of arms like the golden frame individual players can buy. Give us some cool clothes to spend money on like a girl at the mall! We dont care about being frugal, we just want to look good!
I can see this being something that Playa could really go for. It involves just a bit of artwork and an on/off command, basically. Heck, they could even get by without having to do any of the art if they made it into a contest.

Quote:
or... (wait for it) let us use shrooms in the catapult against guild dungeons. I have heard the excuses as to why they decided not to do this, but if they implement the same rules as they have for guiild battles, I cant see it being too much of a game imbalance. it just means the shrooms will be spent on the weakest dungeon monsters just like the guild battles. I mean cmon wont you love to curse the game out watching your catapult waste itself on the first 3 monsters?
AAARRRRGGGGHHHH! Why do so many folks take this view about the catapult? A few trial uses makes the catapult appear useless, but if you use it a few hundred times then it does show its usefulness. Holding Bay has used about 2100 mushrooms on the catapult with it helping a ton. Yes, you are more likely to get it early in the fight but the times when it hits the middle and end of a lineup are extremely rewarding. Now, imagine it knocking off half of the boss's health...and just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen or can't happen.
Quote:
Want something really crazy? how about the ability to attack guilds across servers with shrooms. That would be fun. I know, developer's nightmare, but Im just throwing things against the wall to see what sticks.
This has the same problems as everything that has been suggested about doing stuff across servers. They are not connected at all, you have room for abuse since you can have a character on every server, ages of the servers, you have over 50 servers in who knows how many languages now, etc.

Yes, some new content would be nice, but Playa doesn't seem to be concerned about anything other than appearance and profit.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Please click "Thanks" if you found my post helpful
The Following User Says Thank You to Bullbound For This Useful Post:
jabroni (07-04-2012)
  #4  
Old 07-04-2012, 08:19 AM
BMWGuinness BMWGuinness is offline
Fidget's Griffin
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 979
Default

Spend Guild Shrooms to allow a drop in honor. (Guild Leader Only)

3 shrooms = -1 guild honor
The Following User Says Thank You to BMWGuinness For This Useful Post:
jabroni (07-04-2012)
  #5  
Old 07-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Darstard Darstard is offline
Adventurer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 393
Default

I like the idea, but not the price. 3 for -10 at least, preferably something along the lines of 5 for -100
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darstard For This Useful Post:
Gynx (07-04-2012), jabroni (07-04-2012)
  #6  
Old 07-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Gynx Gynx is offline
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni View Post
Ok so our S3 guild cannot attack anyone anymore causing this game to get even more boring and we have 2000 shrooms getting stale...

Anything would be better than the one option we have now (after the bonuses are maxed) which is that stupid, useless, waste of catapult. With that in mind here are some suggestions from me to not only try and make guild life a bit more interesting, but maybe SNF can make some money getting us to donate (and purchase) more shrooms to the guild..

My off the cuff ideas in the middle of the night?

Retry a guild dungeon or battle you just missed winning (once) - spend 15 or so shrooms and 10min later retry that last battle that you think you should have won. (you can shroom the arena individually every 10 min so one guild retry wont break the game mechanics)

Premium guild coat of arms like the golden frame individual players can buy. Give us some cool clothes to spend money on like a girl at the mall! We dont care about being frugal, we just want to look good!

or... (wait for it) let us use shrooms in the catapult against guild dungeons. I have heard the excuses as to why they decided not to do this, but if they implement the same rules as they have for guiild battles, I cant see it being too much of a game imbalance. it just means the shrooms will be spent on the weakest dungeon monsters just like the guild battles. I mean cmon wont you love to curse the game out watching your catapult waste itself on the first 3 monsters?

Want something really crazy? how about the ability to attack guilds across servers with shrooms. That would be fun. I know, developer's nightmare, but Im just throwing things against the wall to see what sticks.

And you know what, even though Im in a #1 guild I might even be open to giving all guilds that are not #1 an advantage in guild shrooms, just to shake things up.

I dont think any of these would give shrooming guilds any more of an advantage that they dont already have and might make the game a bit more interesting. Cause this thing is really starting to die...
Definitely like the idea of retrying a dungeon. While we are stuck like so many other guilds across the servers, on dungeon 45, there were plenty of times we missed an earlier dungeon by either one hit, or maybe only 1 person missed, or one didnt potion up..etc..and so it would have been nice to retry it just a few minutes later, even if it cost a specified shroom amount. Bullbound makes a point that it benefits the entire guild, but if the cost is high enough, perhaps that "evens things out".

The idea to use shrooms to make a potentially more enticing or wacky coat of arms is cool ala the gold borders for a character. However, I think the cost should be minimal. Whether you want to purchase a "set" of new pieces (new banners, new charges..etc)..or one could see all of the new works and just pay for each one individually...ie..Ill take that helm for 10 shrooms..etc

Using the catapult in the dungeons would be ideal. Not much more needs to be said on that.

Using the catapult to attack cross servers..makes little sense until one can actually attack across servers..and I am guessing that either cant..or wont..be implemented.

Overall, good suggestions and hopefully something is implemented at some point..after all, Playa..are you listening? You can make more M*O*N*E*Y with some/all of these!!!

Also like Darstard and BMWGuinness' idea about dropping honour for shrooms..but yes..more like 5 shrooms for 100 honour. Otherwise, it isnt even close to being worth the price.

Last edited by Gynx; 07-04-2012 at 11:18 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gynx For This Useful Post:
jabroni (07-04-2012)
  #7  
Old 07-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Lord Arse Lord Arse is offline
Blacksmith
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 244
Default

Quoted from Gynx's post: after all, Playa..are you listening? You can make more M*O*N*E*Y with some/all of these!!!


Needed emphasising... loudly
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Arse For This Useful Post:
jabroni (07-04-2012), MUraxx (07-04-2012)
  #8  
Old 07-04-2012, 02:38 PM
spiny norman spiny norman is offline
Crusader
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 626
Default

How rude to imply that Playa might be motivated by financial considerations. I have always assumed that they are a non-profit charitable foundation where earnest developers donate their time out of altruism and love of the game.
The Following User Says Thank You to spiny norman For This Useful Post:
jabroni (07-04-2012)
  #9  
Old 07-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Jengas Jengas is offline
Blacksmith
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
How rude to imply that Playa might be motivated by financial considerations. I have always assumed that they are a non-profit charitable foundation where earnest developers donate their time out of altruism and love of the game.
Don't forget their proceeds go towards the "Starving Children of Africa", the name of the new building they plan to erect coincidentally located next to starving children. In Africa.


Note: The children may or may not be fed, but the building will definitely look nice.
  #10  
Old 07-04-2012, 08:42 PM
BMWGuinness BMWGuinness is offline
Fidget's Griffin
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darstard View Post
I like the idea, but not the price. 3 for -10 at least, preferably something along the lines of 5 for -100
If you make it too cheap, everyone will guild dump.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by 'Playa Games GmbH'