Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 03-30-2013, 10:06 AM
Adventurer

Default Video reward problems

I having trouble with playing the Video(s) for rewards in Windows 8 using IE10, a lot of the time I get the message "Sorry, there are no offers at this moment." & it locks up IE so I have to use Task Manager to close it.

I don't have the problem when using Chrome, FireFox or Opera in Windows 8.

I also don't have the problem using Windows 7. *

* Spoke too soon, just did it with IE10 in Windows 7.

Also can't click on some Videos to play them when using Chrome in both Windows 7 & 8.

Don't confuse this with the normal pop-up that is displayed when there are no videos, clicking on this pop-up will only make it go away for a moment.

Last edited by Rizathivax; 03-30-2013 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Updated content.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:28 AM

I don't normally go on and do the videos but I did the other day and had the same issue where I watched 2 vidoes and when it said there was no more it locked up. I had to go to task manager to close out the browser just thought it was me. win 8 and using IE 10.

I don't use the other browsers as hey always seem to crash with the number of tabs I have open for this game and other flash games open.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following User Says Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
Rizathivax (03-30-2013)
Old 03-30-2013, 06:16 PM
Adventurer

For those of you lucky enough to not see the error message instead of the video, here it is below. The deal is, when it comes, it stays but if you open your game in something other than IE, surprise! the video will play fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Video error.jpg (45.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 04-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Mushroom Collector

Untrue, I only use FF and after several days of working fine, that message has popped up. I briefly got back to videos by closing out browser and clearing cache and cookies with Ccleaner, but after reopening and playing 1 video (for which I did not get any reward) the message again appeared.

Is there no way to fix this?
Old 04-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Adventurer

Well as much as I hate to bring it up, my wife has to play the videos using Opera. She plays the game in IE10 but has to switch to Opera to play the videos. They always work fine but it's anybodies guess as which video (if any) that she gets on each server.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Adventurer

Well my wife is having another spell of videos playing but not getting the rewards. It's happening on servers 4, 6 & 9, in both Opera & IE10.
The ones that are having the problem, will play fine, but the "Get Your Reward" never lets you click on it & you can't even replay the video, for a second try.

That said, you'll notice that I included IE10 above. I found a registry cleaner & used it on her Windows 8 machine, low & behold, IE10 started playing the videos with-out locking up!