Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Community Area

Notices

Old 11-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Cool, don´t forget your hankies cause you will lose and cry.
just remember that when you both come to Staples to play the champs
Old 11-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Stable Boy

Just so you all know this year is all about me HEAT and as you guys stated about not being Bandwagon fans I am not either. Although this season they should do big things I think Next season will be their year. Also I do live in South FL so and have a HEAT plate on the back of my car which has been there for quite a few years now.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Community Manager

The Heat are boring...stacking some superstars doesn't make a team. Well, it does for some but not for me. It's all about passion, emotion. Not being a fan because a team is overpowered or "cool".

The gap between strong teams and weak ones has become quite big. There are teams whose starters would be substitutes in other teams.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 11-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Stable Boy

I'm not saying you're wrong however it is fun to watch them play. Again I have been a HEAT fan for a while. I was a fan of them last year and we all know how they did last year. LoL
Old 11-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Community Manager

If you have been a fan for longer it is perfectly ok. I just don't like people that follow every trend and hype and do what they are told or what's cool.

I'm surprised that the Heat don't dominate the league like I expected. 5-4 is a little suprise. Ok, it is early in the season but you can see that three superstars don't make an awesome team.

And the Knicks? With Stats and Felton everything could be better than last year but nothing has improved much. Douglas is good but Gallinari had a poor start...if the Knicks continue to play like this they won't make the playoffs.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Mushroom Collector

The Knicks let Kevin Love score and rebound 31 against them last night. They blew a 21-point 2nd half lead in Minnesota.

They aren't going anywhere this year. With the inability to pull out wins at home against Philly and Golden State, they show that they can't take advantage of the 6th man, which is crucial. All good teams (and even many of the mediocre ones too) thrive on home court.

I'm calling it now that they miss the playoffs ... again. But New Years is when we will know for sure how the team will fair for the season. Their December schedule is as follows:
@ NO, @ TOR, vs MIN, vs TOR, @ WAS, vs DEN, vs BOS, vs MIA, @ CLE, vs OKC, vs CHI, @ MIA, @ ORL -- in my opinion, 2 wins against TOR, @ WAS and CLE and vs MIN at MSG they make up for last night's dreadful 2nd half. But that is 5-8 **IF** they win all the games -- that on paper -- they are supposed to win. And if recent history tells us anything about the NYK, that is a BIIIIIIIG IF
Old 11-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Mushroom Collector

As for the Heat, it's a damn good thing the NBA season isn't 16 games like the NFL, it's 82. Give them time and remember that they hardly played together in preseason.

Their star power and the age of their stars is their obvious strength (unlike Boston with Pierce, Ray Allen, KG and Shaq -- Rondo the obvious exception).

Their glaring weaknesses are at C and PG. Not much can be done at C but point duties should be transferred to Lebron. In their 5 wins Lebron has lead the team (and game) in assists. In their 4 losses, they have given up 17, 19, 14 and 16 assists to All Star point guards on the opposition. If Lebron is guarding those guys, I don't think we'll see as many. And don't forget they have a deep threat that is out injured right now in Mike Miller. Once he is back, I'd like to see their lineup as:

Starters: Lebron, Eddie House, Mike Miller, Bosh and Joel Anthony

Off the Bench: Arroyo, D-Wade, James Jones, Udonis Haslem and Big-Z.

YES, I said it, put D-Wade on the 2nd string. You put Lebron out there with House and Miller and all of the sudden, 2 defenders MUST play out on the perimeter. This will open more lanes for Lebron and spark their offense. Plus, having D-Wade come off the bench would be huge -- assuming he can get out of his shooting slump.

Oh and BTW, with all this praise for them, I'd like to mention, I am not a fan of the Heat, just an avid NBA fan.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Community Manager

The Knicks have won five in a row. And the Heat with three back-to-back losses. Pretty odd. The management will bite their ... bottoms.

The bench is the problem in my opinion.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:50 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Go Cavs, ... Lebron James

Last edited by Leander; 11-26-2010 at 05:21 AM. Reason: inappropriate language
Old 11-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazan View Post
Go Cavs, ... Lebron James
you know he isnt on the Cavs anymore, right?