Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 06-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Blacksmith

Lightbulb Dungeon Raid cushion

Dungeon raids are one of the most important aspects of guild unity.

It's something that we come together for, have a common goal, know what is expected, build our characters towards and over come. It is different from attacks and defense in that in the former, people move, people gain strength, people forget to click in so you never really know the strength of the guild that you are going up against. With the latter you have no control over who attacks you.

There NEEDS to be a time cushion around a dungeon raid, to allow people to view it. Particularly for those of us who enjoy watching the dungeon raid in its entirety (or maybe out of necessity have to watch it). We are only on dungeon raid 15 and it usually takes about 20 minutes for the entire thing to go through. I don't know how much longer it is at higher levels but here is my suggestion:

When one starts a dungeon raid do not allow anyone to start an attack against your guild for an hour after inception. So for instance, if I start a dungeon raid at 12pm, it will take place @ 10pm. Douchy guild A tries to set up an attack against our guild @ 12:01pm. They get the message "this guild cannot be attacked until 1:00pm (or I guess technically 1:01pm if I really want that "hour" cushion)

OR

Or allow them to attack, but just delay the attack for an hour. Douchy Guild A sets up an attack on our guild @ 12:01pm. Instead of the attack taking place @ 10:01pm and guaranteeing that our guild will not see how far we got with the dungeon, delay the attack until 11:01pm.

Either one of these suggestions shouldn't cause any great hardship to implement from a programming standpoint as it is a simple sumcheck function. If, then, and/or. Complete.

I know guilds like to attack twice a day, and this will throw them off a bit by an hour if they choose to attack a guild doing a dungeon, but I don't think it's that much of a game changer. People will adapt or at the very least MAYBE pay attention to the guilds they are attacking.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Fidget's Griffin

why not just request an email that presents the attack.
When you're attacked by someone, you get an email with the resulting showdown.
have the same thing happen for guild attacks.
my work here is done
The Following User Says Thank You to BMWGuinness For This Useful Post:
Jengas (06-05-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Supreme Adventurer

DominicS, putting a buffer like you are describing would turn the dungeon raids into a buffer against attacks and could be abused to prevent guilds from gaining honor from you. However, recording both fights separately and playing them in order with no interruptions should accomplish what you seem to be asking for.
DominicS (06-05-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Voluntary Forum Moderator

I second the motion to receive in game mails representing guild battles/dungeons that can be watched at my leisure.
All who agree say Aye
Old 06-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Blacksmith

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
why not just request an email that presents the attack.
When you're attacked by someone, you get an email with the resulting showdown.
have the same thing happen for guild attacks.
I thought about this at first, but I think the programming would be a lot more complex or the space having to be saved for each guild dungeon attempt would be too much to ask for. You are going from having to save ONE attack to view, to now 50 attacks for each member in your guild (assuming a full guild).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
DominicS, putting a buffer like you are describing would turn the dungeon raids into a buffer against attacks and could be abused to prevent guilds from gaining honor from you.
We are talking about a one hour difference. I have no doubt there will be guilds that will try to use this to their advantage but they can't manipulate it forever. And again, it's only one hour. Use my second suggestion then, have the incoming attack allow to be set, but put it at 11 hours instead of 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound
However, recording both fights separately and playing them in order with no interruptions should accomplish what you seem to be asking for.
I actually like this suggestion a lot and I really don't see why we can't have this. The information on the dungeon we are doing HAS to be recorded somewhere. It's not like the incoming attack is recording OVER our dungeon attempt, so simply view both, one after the other, shouldn't be that difficult. Good idea BB!
Old 06-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Blacksmith

Send a message via ICQ to polopoloyuuu

Or just have one person (officer) have the responsibility of recording the fight with cam studio and then uploading to private guild youtube page (if loss)
Old 06-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopoloyuuu View Post
Or just have one person (officer) have the responsibility of recording the fight with cam studio and then uploading to private guild youtube page (if loss)
I usually try to do that but if a guild attacks you ten minutes after you set up the raid, you will not see the entire raid. If you are viewing the raid, it will kick you back out to the main screen and when you click "guild" it will view the guild attacking you and not the dungeon raid.