Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 06-07-2012, 03:23 AM
Blacksmith

Default guild leaders how often do you war?

i wanted to title this "war huh yeah what is it good for?" but decided that might be confusing.

i ask the question because i keep recruiting members from other guilds and they want to fight everyday. that is not how i like to do it. i like to start a war when i think we have a good chance of winning and gaining a good amount of honor. sure i could attack lower ranked guilds that i know i can beat over and over again but once i get high enough in the ranks one of the stronger guilds will just beat me back down.

for example we have fought and won 3 wars already this week. all wars i picked. all wars gained us over 100 honor and we moved up 4 spots in the hall of fame. no one started a war today but in the chat they were saying they wanted to fight. i asked them to look at the hall of fame and tell me who we could beat near us that would give us honor. no one answered.

so do you guys fight to just fight or are you more methodical about starting wars?
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:31 AM

I all but 3 server I have 2 wars a day even if it only gives 20 honor. The reason is even if the honr is low you get exp for everyone who joins in one month you cold gain a up to level or more at the lower levels per month. Another thing is it helps bring your guild members closer together. I fact I just recruited a new guild memebr on one of the servers I play on because his old guild had not had a war in about a week.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 06-07-2012, 03:39 AM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
I all but 3 server I have 2 wars a day even if it only gives 20 honor. The reason is even if the honr is low you get exp for everyone who joins in one month you cold gain a up to level or more at the lower levels per month. Another thing is it helps bring your guild members closer together. I fact I just recruited a new guild memebr on one of the servers I play on because his old guild had not had a war in about a week.
those are good points. i just feel weird attacking the same guilds repeatedly but if you remember i do not really like the arena either.

the other issue i have is i have 48 guild members now. about 35 are active regularly but i still have to scramble and send out emails or jump on facebook to get people to join in. it ends up being a lot of work for 20 honor.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:03 AM

My suggestion then as you shouldn't have to do all that is mail everyone saying to reply back starting x date we will be waring daily at x server time mail me back if this time is ok with you. plan the wars as if only the ppl that log on daily will show up and you should be fine.

Your on s3 right if so mail me IG if you have any questions and I will help you get things going so your change if you decide to go to daily wars goes smoothly as I just started having 2 wars a day on that server from one and it is going pretty good so far.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 06-07-2012 at 04:06 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:38 AM
Adventurer

Twice a day, every day. Launch and battle times are known and listed on our guild wall for two time zones. We've been doing it this way for almost 2 years - it's been working well.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:42 AM
Supreme Adventurer

ralff, getting folks to join a daily or even twice daily war can be a challenge. Having a set time does help, and you don't have to keep fighting the same guild repeatedly. Every server has a large enough honor range for every guild to pick from multiple targets within the 3000 honor range (except for ranks 1 and 2 on a few). While you may not enjoy the PvP aspect of the game, that is how one gains bragging rights around here. As such, you need to find what works for you. In Holding Bay, I try to have a fight every weekday, because weekend join rates are really low for us. If we had a higher amount of folks joining, I would war every day because the experience is the part you want from the wars, not the honor.

Yes, folks from above will beat you and lower your honor, but that is all a part of the "self correcting" hall of fame that we have.
Darstard (06-07-2012), DominicS (06-07-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 06:23 AM
Blacksmith

Send a message via ICQ to polopoloyuuu

Twice a day every day against guilds much lower in level so that even if only half the guild joins the attack we always win and gain honor.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

We do twice a day almost every day. True, it's tough getting everyone to sign up, but usually the accounts that matter most are prepared. Setting attacks at the same day seemed to help, since people know when they should be online.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Blacksmith

Twice per day. Usually the "day" attack is the tougher one against an opponent whom we may or may not beat. The "night" attack is 'usually' against someone whom we could beat with about 3/4 of the guild, simply because join rates, in our guild at least, seem to be lowest for the "night" attacks.

I, also, feel bad about attacking the same guilds over and over and over, but we are in a position I think some of the other tweeners are in, which is that we can 'compete' with the guild around us, but it's generally a coin toss as to whether we can beat them or not. As such there are guilds which are 8 to 10 places lower in the ranking than us that we usually try and rotate around attacking, simply because it is the least risk for the greater reward. I usually (yeah a lot of 'usually's ) send out an email to the guild leader if we end up attacking their guild back to back, letting them know that it isn't anything personal, it is just the way things worked out in the HoF that we had no viable alternatives.

Yes I know attacking is part of the game, but as one who has been on the receiving end of back to back to back to back to back to back attacks by the same guild, I know how irritating that can be. And I know that once you get to the top of the heap, one has little to no choice about whom to attack so I am NOT talking about those guilds.

Anyway, in short, twice per day, trying to keep the attack times set, 'easier' guild for the night attack.
The Following User Says Thank You to DominicS For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (06-07-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Adventurer

1-2x a day. We are ranked #1 on s3 by a cosiderable amount, and frankly no one challenges us. In fact, we are trying to possibly end some of the warring so as to concentrate on dungeons alone. We want to be the first US based guild to beat Dungeon 45 (we have completed through 44) if possible...but we just want to beat it, even if we arent first