Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

View Poll Results: Which submission do you like best?
Submission #1 34 61.82%
Submission #2 4 7.27%
Submission #3 - Meeting "The Doctor" 9 16.36%
Submission #4 8 14.55%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA
Thumbs up Shake(peare) & Fidget: Official Discussion Thread

Discuss the submissions to the Shakes(peare) & Fidget contest here. Please do not divulge if one of your submission made the final voting.

You have until July 1st, 2012 to get your vote in.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Blacksmith

Thumbs up

Hmm...not sure which one to vote for. I think submission 2 kept most in theme, but I think submission 4 was the most readable....decisions, decisions.

I just wanted to say, as well, how impressed I am with the content. It is obvious that those submissions come from people who really put a lot of thought and effort into their creations. Well done to all those who made these finals!
Old 06-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicS View Post
Hmm...not sure which one to vote for. I think submission 2 kept most in theme, but I think submission 4 was the most readable....decisions, decisions.

I just wanted to say, as well, how impressed I am with the content. It is obvious that those submissions come from people who really put a lot of thought and effort into their creations. Well done to all those who made these finals!

I wonder how many people actually submitted?

I like how #1 included many Shakespeare quotes and also included items and quests from the game itself, and was funny.

I enjoyed #4 too..it was written pretty well. Both 1 and 4 have the funny quote "Asses are made to bear and so are you.."

Congratz the the 4 finalists..and good luck..you all should win some sort of badge if not shrooms Maybe a badge with a quill and parchment..etc

Last edited by Gynx; 06-20-2012 at 04:00 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gynx For This Useful Post:
DominicS (06-20-2012), Jakkall (06-20-2012)
Old 06-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Truffle Shuffler

i havent been playing too long, at first i came to vote for the chance to win some shrooms lol, but i liked #1!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Truffle Shuffler

It's really unfortunate; I love contests like this, but the effect is somewhat diminishing because of the low traffic.

Oh well, congrats on those who made it into the top 4, and I can't wait to see the results. Though, i gotta admit, im pretty sure I already see who got first, lollol.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Keep the votes coming. Don't forget, voters get a chance to win a small prize as well.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Truffle Shuffler

I believe the collective votes from the poll count as one vote among the admins and moderators
The Following User Says Thank You to MUraxx For This Useful Post:
DominicS (06-23-2012)
Old 06-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Truffle Shuffler

the submissions are great, however i think number 1 BLOWS ALL OF THE OTHERS OUT OF THE WATER!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Truffle Shuffler

I can honestly say, though I liked #1, I'm not all that enamored with fart jokes. So sadly, most of the humor made me sigh more than laugh.

As for number two, i'd say it focused on the theme a lot. It seems to have attempted humor by referencing (another mmo online game) and such, but it just isn't that funny.It was ok.

Number three...as for number three, all I can say is, writing in Shakespearean is more than just tossing in a Shakespearean line here or there. This was my least favorite of the submissions (no offense to the person who wrote it).

Number four was my favorite. The references as well as the jokes were suitable to my tastes. I think it combined the two mediums quite well.

The fact that #1 is winning is very indicative of the mental age's of those who at least are willing to vote on this contest.

Last edited by bobo baggins; 06-29-2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: removed name of another mmo online game as it is against the rules
Old 06-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3Less View Post
I can honestly say, though I liked #1, I'm not all that enamored with fart jokes. So sadly, most of the humor made me sigh more than laugh.

As for number two, i'd say it focused on the theme a lot. It seems to have attempted humor by referencing (another mmo online game) and such, but it just isn't that funny.It was ok.

Number three...as for number three, all I can say is, writing in Shakespearean is more than just tossing in a Shakespearean line here or there. This was my least favorite of the submissions (no offense to the person who wrote it).

Number four was my favorite. The references as well as the jokes were suitable to my tastes. I think it combined the two mediums quite well.

The fact that #1 is winning is very indicative of the mental age's of those who at least are willing to vote on this contest.
Either that, or someone has a lot of accounts or guild members with accounts. Then again, maybe folks just like something that uses jokes we've probably heard before. It is hard to tell why folks vote the way they do, but you can't deny that all 4 of them made some effort.

Last edited by bobo baggins; 06-29-2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: edited quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bullbound For This Useful Post:
DeadMeat (06-29-2012), DominicS (06-29-2012)