Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 08-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Stable Boy

Default Black screen after log in

Today I went to the F&S homepage as usual, clicked "log in" as usual, and the screen just went black.
Thought they might be updating the server so tried back a few hours later, still the same result.
Checked the threads for some news on this issue, could find anything about the loooooong anticipated guild upgrade being new today... oh well.

Tried a few hours later and the same result AGAIN.
Fiddled around with the URL and I'm back in!

So, for anyone who is experiencing the same issue, hopefully you've found this thread and here is how you fix that black screen log in problem:

1) Look at your URL it will look something like mine:
http://www.sfgame.us/?adv=0105

2) Point your cursor up there and erase the "?adv=0105" or whatever you have after "sfgame.us"

3) Push enter

4) Log back in and you should be set.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Adventurer

Or just click refresh and leave the screen alone for a minute. Works for me.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Blacksmith

Send a message via Skype™ to moreum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminMime View Post
Today I went to the F&S homepage as usual, clicked "log in" as usual, and the screen just went black.
Thought they might be updating the server so tried back a few hours later, still the same result.
Checked the threads for some news on this issue, could find anything about the loooooong anticipated guild upgrade being new today... oh well.

Tried a few hours later and the same result AGAIN.
Fiddled around with the URL and I'm back in!

So, for anyone who is experiencing the same issue, hopefully you've found this thread and here is how you fix that black screen log in problem:

1) Look at your URL it will look something like mine:
http://www.sfgame.us/?adv=0105

2) Point your cursor up there and erase the "?adv=0105" or whatever you have after "sfgame.us"

3) Push enter

4) Log back in and you should be set.
Well I don't really know what is F&S did you mean S&F. And you state that you could find something on some updates what are they?

As far as the black screen you are experiencing seems like a problem with your flash or browser. Maybe you should clear out your cache or try to update your flash. Also that link is really weird and doesn't make any sense why you would go to it and then erase that weird code at the end. It doesn't make sense since if you are going to that link you have already loaded that page with that code so erasing doesn't make a bit of difference since the page is loaded with it and later code of the page will be executed as it was already loaded hence it is most likely your cache stored that link and wants you to use it, unless of course I'm missing something. Anyways I would suggest going straight to whatever server you are in. So for server 1 it would be http://s1.sfgame.us/ and for server 2 it would be http://s2.sfgame.us/. I have one more theory as for your black screen after login it might be that your account was banned for some time.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreum View Post
Well I don't really know what is F&S did you mean S&F. And you state that you could find something on some updates what are they?

As far as the black screen you are experiencing seems like a problem with your flash or browser. Maybe you should clear out your cache or try to update your flash. Also that link is really weird and doesn't make any sense why you would go to it and then erase that weird code at the end. It doesn't make sense since if you are going to that link you have already loaded that page with that code so erasing doesn't make a bit of difference since the page is loaded with it and later code of the page will be executed as it was already loaded hence it is most likely your cache stored that link and wants you to use it, unless of course I'm missing something. Anyways I would suggest going straight to whatever server you are in. So for server 1 it would be http://s1.sfgame.us/ and for server 2 it would be http://s2.sfgame.us/. I have one more theory as for your black screen after login it might be that your account was banned for some time.
I get the black screen fairly often, almost always when I'm attempting to log in to both servers at the same time. It's Flash interference, that's all.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweomer View Post
I get the black screen fairly often, almost always when I'm attempting to log in to both servers at the same time. It's Flash interference, that's all.
Sorry I have never experienced it and I logged in to my US server 1 and UK server 1 account at the same time in different locations in NYC from my school, from different libraries, internet cafes and from my friends places. All of them were from different computers with different ISPs. Therefore, my presumption was that it's some sorta of browser or flash problem. Alas, I might be wrong.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Supreme Adventurer

If a person is banned, it tells them. This problem is not due to a banned account. The black screen is an image error problem that is often easily fixed by using the url that is tied to the game. The "adv" bit is a google ad tracker that when clicked on other sites can earn S&F a better ranking and maybe some $ but not sure on the $ as google has limited who can do that.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Blacksmith

Thanks Bullbound on clarifying on my folly "banned" theory as well as clarifying on the black screen issue. Although, obviously I suspected that the "adv" bit was from some kind of website didn't know exactly that it earned SnF the ranking. I'll try to keep it in mind to help the game.