Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Community Area

Notices

Old 06-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Dummy

Default Guild origins

I thought it might be a fun idea to put up a thread for guild origin stories of all sorts. I wrote mine in the style of a stump speech, but feel free to write yours however you want

Green is the New Pink

Ever since I grabbed my first walking stick, and realized I could channel unseen arcane powers through it, I knew I was destined for greatness. When I set out from my small goblin village to seek my fame and fortune in the big city I didn't grasp my greatest challenge. That challenge was of course being green. On my way to this great city I was assaulted by not, one, not two, not even three, but five hundred and thirty seven "adventurers" who mistook me for one evil warlord bent on world domination or another. Every one of them were pink and squishy.
Now, we all know that when us green skinned goblinoied exhibit the very same behavior we are automatically labeled as evil warlords bent on world domination, which we all know is only true seven eighths of the time.
How does someone who happens to be born with green skin convince the world that his intentions are not evil? Guild membership of course! That is why as soon as I saved up ten gold pieces from running the errands of anyone hanging out in the tavern I formed my own guild. Not a guild of, by, and for pink squishy fellows, but of, for, and by the green and the bold. Join NotEasyBeingGreen for no charge if you are a fellow goblin or brother orc. Unlike many foolish guilds run by the pink squishy races, we are open to all.* Not only will my guild lend legitimacy to the green races, it will provide members with lodging within our fortress, treasure storage to cut down on expenses, and a wonderful trainer to make it easier to be green. Contact me, BlueDog, at anytime. My door is always open to those who are green, and even tho those who are pink and squishy.**

*Pink squishy races may have slightly different joining fees and dues see guild charter for more details.

**Aforementioned door may have a tendency to slam in faces that are unduly pink and/or squishy.

Last edited by DuckDodgers; 06-20-2010 at 11:05 PM.