Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Strategy & Tactics

Notices

Old 05-27-2012, 09:44 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Go For Gold

I actually Go For Gold. It gives me better equipment.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaser View Post
Gold,

You have to be patient, but eventually you will level up enough to be competitive with higher level players. I can trounce people 10-15 levels higher than me with ease usually, how is this not stronger?

EXP is awesome, but if all I'm doing is leveling fast and I can't beat anyone around my level, I would feel weak by simple comparison. It's more work and takes longer, but gold is easily the way to go.

Also as you fill out your scrapbook, pump your guild bonus percentages to the highest you can, and start doing guild raids, you get enough bonus to EXP to keep things from being too slow.
I know that it's been a long time since this was posted, and I confess that I haven't read the entire thread, but it seems to me the question should not be "can I beat other people at my level" but "can I beat other people that have been playing as much as I have".

As an example, let's say we have two players. Player 1 plays for gold, and after a month he is at level 20 but can beat many players up to level 25 and a few at level 30. Player 2 plays for experience. He's at level 35, and loses to most level 35 players but can beat most level 30's and all the level 20's. Player 1 thinks he is doing great because he's beating people at much higher levels, but in fact player 2 is cleaning his clock.

Now I don't know if this is how the 2 strategies work out. I would think that someone out there would have, by now, started two characters on different servers and tried one strategy with the first and the other strategy with the second. At the end of the month, figure out which character has the best overall stats, the highest honor, and has cleared the most dungeon levels. then the case would be closed.
The Following User Says Thank You to spiny norman For This Useful Post:
DominicS (11-07-2012)
Old 05-28-2012, 12:26 AM
Blacksmith

I suppose the universal answer that applies to all players is: do what makes the game fun for you.

Now if fun to you is getting to experience new things and maintaining a fresh gameplay in a browser game that is dangerously monotonous, then go exp.

If fun is observing the game under a microscope and piecing apart this game at a super-slow rate, go gold.

If you go exp, you'll beat dungeon monsters faster, you'll level faster, get better gear (...faster), also get access to newer features of the game sooner. This is becoming a recurring theme to S&F. I'm seeing more and more newer features only available to those at a higher level. Granted the prereq bar isn't set very high as far as level is concerned, but the trend hints toward that direction.

Tl;dr version: if you want this game to be new and fresh, go exp. If you enjoy arenas (and only arenas), go gold.

Last edited by Jengas; 05-28-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:50 AM
Stable Boy

If you go for exp. you will also get more gold than going for gold; except on gold bonus weekends. Think about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Quilp For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (05-28-2012)
Old 05-28-2012, 07:04 AM
Supreme Adventurer

spiny norman, that is indeed how it works. The higher your level, the more gold you get per quest, city guard, found equipment, etc. The person that plays for maximum experience may fall behind in stats from time to time, but their gear will also be that much better as they run through the levels, and that makes up the difference and then some, between the two players.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bullbound For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (05-28-2012)
Old 11-01-2012, 04:55 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default pvp / dungeon

It all depends on the style of character you want to build!
if you're looking forward to hall of fame, gold is the option!
if you want a character that will be focused on dungeons exp is the option!

hope this one helps!
Old 11-02-2012, 04:28 AM
Truffle Shuffler

That won't help as it isn't true. Experience is better for lower levels; higher levels may focus a bit more on gold.

The benefits of a higher level are *huge*: more HP, opponents have reduced defense, and less chance of critical hits. Furthermore, higher LVL means better items which adds to the stats, increases armour (=better defense) and increases weapon damage and as a result attack damage.

Those effects alone outweigh the benefits of going for gold. But there's more, since higher level also means the missions pay better. After a while, the level will be that much higher that the gold income is actually the same as the golddigger who is still stuck on a lower level. Later on, it will even be better. It would take about 30 levels to reach that point.

Where are we then? The experience-player has better items, and has better bonuses in the fights. He also has a better income than his gold-digging competitor. Oh, and it's cheaper for him to upgrade his attributes.

Only at very high levels, after several experience cuts (most notably the 50% cut at level 300), it will become beneficial to stop focusing on experience.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Blacksmith

Send a message via ICQ to polopoloyuuu

Wait! (The following message is for non-shroomers only)

Everyone is ignoring the fact that they changed the game recently to always supply one mushroom per first quest.

This means, that if you take the LOWEST TIME quest in each case, you average out going experience AND gold.

In addition, and most importantly, lowest time = more quests = more chances to get shrooms = more shrooms = always have dragon mount = more quests.

Having a minimum of one shroom a day guarantees that you can always have the dragon mount without buying any shrooms. In fact, you actually gain more than 25 per 14 days, which means the additional shrooms can be spent to do more quest time on special weekends drastically increasing the value of a shroom.

Enjoy!
Old 04-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Mushroom Collector

As polopoloyuuu said: go with the quests with the shortest time while having a dragon mount.

If you have quests that have the same time but have either more Xp or Gold I go with the gold until i meet my Level formula then go for xp.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:20 PM
Crusader

I am thinking about how upper level players should modify strategy. At level 300, your xp/min and gold/min drop to 50% of what they were at level 299. At lower levels it makes sense to play for XP because XP and gold you earn increases with your level, but this is not true at higher levels. For example, at level 274 I was earning up to 2.4 million XP per 10 minute quest. At level 275 my max XP dropped (I think) to around 1.6 million. This built back up to just over 2 million by level 299, still short of where I was at level 274, and then at level 300 I dropped down to 1 million XP per 10 minutes, less than half what I was earning at my peak.

The amount of gold/min and XP/min take similar cuts. That means that if this pattern holds true at higher levels, and I believe it does, then I will never again earn gold as fast as I could when I was at level 274.

The benefits of leveling as quickly as possible would appear to reverse at level 274.

Which brought to mind this particular strategy. Would it make sense to play for XP from levels 300-312, thus leveling as quickly as possible and increasing the amount of potential gold from each quest, then from levels 313-324, switch to training for gold, thus maximizing what I earn before the next 50% salary cut takes place at level 325?

Last edited by spiny norman; 08-25-2013 at 11:26 PM.