Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Community Area

Notices

Old 06-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Mushroom Collector

Default Done playing

Well this is my final curtain call because im stopping to play. Its been fun everyone but ill see you all later.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Adventurer

Goodbye noegam. Nice knowing you. Hope you and yours have fun in your next life/foray.

If you get a new game, PM some of us so you can get a referral bonus.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Blacksmith

Who is taking over the bonechewers? Anyway good luck were ever you go!
Old 06-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noegam View Post
Well this is my final curtain call because im stopping to play. Its been fun everyone but ill see you all later.
This is a strangely ambiguous statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronozoro View Post
Who is taking over the bonechewers? Anyway good luck were ever you go!
A server check shows that his level 77 character has not been deleted and still officially heads up the guild. Hopefully, he comes back with an exit plan for his people, otherwise *POP* goes yet another ghost guild.

Anecdote: In another game, I knew a guy who defected from the same guild 3 times to start a different guild, and each time the guild ended up getting liquidated with only inactive members remaining in it. What fools these mortals be! What good reason does one have for multiple failed attempts at leadership? That's like starting an ice cream shop, closing it, reopening it, closing it, and reopening it while recapitalizing each time resulting in 2 million dollars of debt and dozens of unhappy unemployed former hires who you uprooted from other more secure jobs with promises of a better future. Very... Bernie Medov.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:24 AM
Mushroom Collector

To be honest i have no clue what to do about the guild since over 50% of the members have been inactive for a little while. But i dont plan on giving the active members the shaft also. Ill leave it active till they find a new guild to play in.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:34 AM
Sheep

The Hunters of Retribution have at least 3 openings if any choose to leave. Have them send Myself, Wacker or PhatWang a message. We would be happy to help them find a new home.

Strum

Former King of the Hunters of Retribution
Old 06-10-2010, 01:37 AM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDude2 View Post
What good reason does one have for multiple failed attempts at leadership? That's like starting an ice cream shop, closing it, reopening it, closing it, and reopening it while recapitalizing each time resulting in 2 million dollars of debt and dozens of unhappy unemployed former hires who you uprooted from other more secure jobs with promises of a better future. Very... Bernie Medov.
Henry Ford went bankrupt 4 times before creating THE successful auto company. R.H. Macy had 7 failed companies before department-store success.
There are many approaches to business based on a "many failures, one big success" approach.

Why would people follow? Because at least there is one person that will even attempt to lead. Why knock a guy for trying?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-10-2010, 01:44 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobyKSU View Post
Henry Ford went bankrupt 4 times before creating THE successful auto company. R.H. Macy had 7 failed companies before department-store success.
There are many approaches to business based on a "many failures, one big success" approach.

Why would people follow? Because at least there is one person that will even attempt to lead. Why knock a guy for trying?
Good point.

My issue would be with the one that promotes defection and quits out of boredom rather than failure... and burns bridges rather than leaving the shell to someone else. There is a reason why the common man despises the Wall Street monsters; they are willing to sink their companies, lay off thousands, and still take a severance package on their way out and then do it again next economic cycle.

Now, I'm a free trade economist and I have some sympathy for executive bonuses, etc. However, not transferring ownership and management is just bad business.

However, I believe we need not fear any problems. Our good friend noegam persists! He is hanging out on the Hangman thread, so Bonechewer is not without the possibility of succession. Hooray for Message Board Games that compel us to lurk ever after!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Supreme Adventurer

noegam, you could give the guild to someone that is active and let them boot the inactives so they can keep the bonuses. Just an idea.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
noegam, you could give the guild to someone that is active and let them boot the inactives so they can keep the bonuses. Just an idea.
I actually went with that plan already. Im still waiting for a response.